[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they right /tv/? http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art ic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1297635[1].jpg (85 KB, 650x342) Image search: [Google]
1297635[1].jpg
85 KB, 650x342
Are they right /tv/?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/moviesandtv/16803-Six-Reasons-Why-Comedy-In-Film-is-Dying
>>
>>67179378
>The Escapist
>being right

Statistics tell me I should say no.
>>
The only reason they're "dying" is because Hollywood hires talentless jews. Comedy is fine in the rest of the world.
>>
>>67179378
The Escapist? Everyone decent jumped off that ship 2 years ago. Now it's just Yahtzee being a substandard Charlie Brooker in a see of mediocrity.
>>
>>67179478
England has made some top tier comedy films in the last handful of years

>In The Loop
>Four Lions
>Alan Partridge
>The World's End

Step it up America.
>>
>>67179378
Comedy in the US were always shit save for a few like Dr Strangerlove, The Big Lebowsky, The Mask
>>
>>67179378
> # _____s why _____ is _____
>>
21 Jump Street
Bridesmaids
Trainwreck
Hail Caesar

Tons of great comedies get fucked.
>>
>>67179623
You are now aware that In the Loop is almost a decade old
>>
>>67179793
I loved Hail, Caesar!
>>
>>67179378
>Are they right?

Of course not, there's always films off the beaten path for anyone looking for them. That's never gonna cease to exist.
>>
clickbait?

am i right escapistmagazine?
>>
Two Reasons Why Comedy in Film is Dying:

1. Judd Apatow
2. Lorne Michaels

Good night.
>>
Like it or not the crew in This Is The End are carrying american comedy in film right now.
>>
>>67180387
No one watches comedies in theater. So it's must be dying.
>>
File: No thanks faggot.jpg (93 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
No thanks faggot.jpg
93 KB, 400x266
>>67179378
Pic related.

Shill your click bait bullshit somewhere else, faggot.
>>
>>67179793
Just because your standards are low doesn't make them wrong. I mean calling Trainwreck and Bridesmaids good... really mate.

>>67180387
/thread

That Netflix show is terrible. SNL is terrible. All things that spawned from SNL are terrible right now.

3. Adam Sandler
>>
>>67180387
This, 100%

There are some genuine attempts and decent comedic outputs, anything anyone is paying attention to is bullshit.
>>
File: n.jpg (8 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
8 KB, 125x125
>>67179623
>England has made some top tier comedy films in the last handful of years
>>
>>67180398
I definitely do not like it, This is The End sucked.
Literally a circlejerk movie with jokes only made for the gossip audience that cares about the lives of these jews.
>>
Observe and Report is the best comedy of all time
>>
>>67179793
>Trainwreck
senpai pls, you seem to have good taste otherwise
>>
File: 1442873623323.gif (493 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1442873623323.gif
493 KB, 320x240
>>67179378
>Escapist
>Short article divided in 2 pages to squeze an extra shekel or two
>"Top #"/"# reasons" cancer
>"Hurr, movies aren't funny because my cat memes on the internet are funnier"

Ain't even gonna read the rest of that shit. Shouldn't even have clicked it and given them revebue in the first place. Fucking kill yourself, OP.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.