[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: moments that you weren't expecting at all. I haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
ITT: moments that you weren't expecting at all.

I haven't been surprised like this by a movie in forever.
>>
>>67176542
The game of thrones red wedding. never ever saw that coming.
>>
inb4 [superman]
>>
>>67176854
woops i stuffed up with my [spoiler tag]
>>
>>67176854
What about superman?
>>
>>67176878
what the hell? why is it not becoming a spoiler tag?
>>
>>67176880
he is getting another of his own movies
>>
>>67176911
Use ctrl+s
>>
>>67176944
damm thank you anon you helped out a tard like me.

superman gets a new cape
>>
The Prestige. Not even memeing.

I had been up for 24+ hours and was fighting sleep when watching it, so I wasn't expecting a twist at all and only gave about half-a-second's attention to the stuff hinting at it before completely discarding it. So when the reveal came my jaw literally dropped.

Kind of wish I could watch all movies like that. It felt good to not have guessed the ending half-way through the movie.
>>
>>67176542
>inb4 back to /v/
Knights of the old Republic's twist was so shocking that I never expected one bit at all. I literally nearly fell out of my chair with how shocked of a twist it could be, entirely changing your perspective on the game.
>>
>>67177057
basically 90% of nolan's movies have that kind of twist.
>>
>>67176542
The Force Awakens Bridge Scene "wink wink" I seriously did not expect that nor was I spoiled about it so when I saw the film I thought all main characters would be alive and well and when that happened I felt so sick inside watching such a legend be killed right in front of me.

Was one of my most painful cinema experiences cos it was right in tha childhood!
>>
>>67177057
Aight I'm watching this right the fuck now brb
>>
>>67177150
Here, have an upboat
>>
>>67177057
Movie gets kind of dumb towards the end but it is still very good with a solid twist.
>>
>>67177140
So Nolan is essential sleep-deprived-core?
>>
>>67177057
What I like about the Prestige is that it gives you one mystery with some relatively obvious clues, (the twins) so you focus on that as the big twist only for Angier clones to show up and blow your mind. Such a great movie.
>>
>>67177057
this movie is coming back to me now cos been ages since i saw it but yes that twist was right under our noses the whole movie and it did not cross my mind at all i don't think!

I think it maybe did once or twice as I told myself "you can't be that foolish to believe that!"
>>
File: blue-ruin.jpg (1 MB, 2559x1760) Image search: [Google]
blue-ruin.jpg
1 MB, 2559x1760
The first 20 minutes of Blue Ruin where he goes to the bar had me riveted. Such a great sequence
>>
>>67177057
>I had been up for 24+ hours
Why? Were you popping pills like a degenerate?
>>
>>67177214
probably. too bad he doesn't have more movies.
>>
>>67177140
Well including his Batman movies; Liam Neeson turned out to be that "other guy" whilst Dark Knight Rises showed Bruce faking his own death

Dark Knight didn't really have a twist apart from the 2 locations being different when Batman went to free the 2?
>>
>>67177343
This. It was enough to keep me invested through the rest of the movie, though in retrospect I didn't love it after that first sequence.
>>
>>67177355
Hadn't been able to sleep the night before due to shitty anxiety shit, then went to school, then came home and watched movie while staying up to go to bed at a decent time to not fuck up the sleep rhythm too bad.

Back then I either slept for 24 hours straight or was awake for 24-odd hours every week depending on whether I could sleep at all or was exhausted.
>>
>>67177355
You don't have to be on drugs to make +24 hour runs, I sometimes just get entertained with something and just don't sleep. Happens almost every week, I went 26 hours no sleep two days ago.
>>
>>67177057
fuck this movie
>>
>>67176542
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIUtPhiucDA

But then again, I weren't expecting such a film, at all.
>>
>>67177057
10/10 movie right here. Lots of unexpected shit.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.