[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> he doesn't recognize Frasier as the GOAT sitcom >He
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
> he doesn't recognize Frasier as the GOAT sitcom
>He doesn't realize that Frasier is the standard by which all other sitcoms are judged now
> He thinks shows like Friends, HIMYM, and TBBT, have any place whatsoever in the current zeitgeist, when Frasier exists
>>
Becker was better.
>>
Frasier thread
>>
no one even remembers this show
>>
>>67176521
Becker was alright, though it held nothing to the champ, friend. Accept the truth
>>
>>67176562
And yet, here we are discussing it. Quite strange familia
>>
when does the show quality drop off?
I'm on season 3 and still enjoying though season 2 had me laughing out loud more
>>
>>67176506
I can't even watch 10 min of that show it sucked so hard. He's okay in small spurts on Cheers though.
>>
>>67176741
It definitely tapers, but it's slow to do so, and you'll likely enjoy it all the way. The main problem is that episodes start feeling "wait have I seen this one"-ish around season 5. To be fair , I can usually just throw on a random episode and least get a chuckle, but mainly the atmosphere is really comfy and cheerful.
>>
BABY I
>>
>>67176741
It literally doesn't which is why Frasier is great. Can watch an episode from anywhere in the show's running and it won't feel awkward. The only exception is S1 as it's the "early years" and still finding its feet.

There is a soft change from about S9 onwards, but it's very debatable. I just say it's good from episode 1 to the end.
>>
Painfully unfunny shit: the show
>>
>>67176741
9 and 10 are bad, the main writers left/burned to death in the WTC. 11 is good though.

And yeah, they definitely do reuse a lot of the same plots. There's probably an entire season worth of episodes that revolve around somebody thinking one of the main characters is gay after a comedic misunderstanding.
>>
File: image.png (205 KB, 322x276) Image search: [Google]
image.png
205 KB, 322x276
>>67176933
Meh a lot of shows get samey around the5-6th season, look at supernatural, fuck wait no don't look at supernatural Jesus Christ.
>>
>>67177062
Forced contrarian: the post
>>
File: 1458222391422.jpg (207 KB, 692x960) Image search: [Google]
1458222391422.jpg
207 KB, 692x960
>>67177070
>not liking the Patrick Stewart "assumed homosexual" arc

Why do you hate fun
>>
I absolutely hated season 7 with the whole Daphne and Niles shit. Felt so forced and Daphne with her weird stick straight hair, losing her accent, and flood pants, man fuck her
>>
>>67177233
> fuck her

Stand back guys, I'll take this one for the team
>>
>>67176741

Season 7 was kind of shit. Then it picks up again in season 8.

Overall though I think Frasier was pretty consistent, and never really went to complete shit like all other sitcoms normally do
>>
File: nn2fr.jpg (94 KB, 671x500) Image search: [Google]
nn2fr.jpg
94 KB, 671x500
>>67176562
I notice this problem a lot with shows such as cheers, mash and Frasier.

There are two schools of thought when it comes to shows like this. 1: I like this show so I don't need to start a thread or make a post bitching about it so I will just complain about something else or 2: I'm young and have never seen this.

That's how I know Rosanna, The Golden girls and the Cosby show are good, we never talk about them
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.