[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i saw this god awful fucking movie last night ask me anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
i saw this god awful fucking movie last night
ask me anything about it

>best scene
guy jumps over ditch in his hummer and makes a tough guy face out the window and it looks like a nintendo 64 cutscene with the actors face glued on

>worst scene
anything involving the narrative the characters the direction the cinematography the vfx anything at all
>>
Why
>>
>>67175973
going to the cinema with friends, the girl really wants to see it, anything else good that was playing i had already seen, didn't want her to feel left out because she doesn't speak english and couldn't speak her case

really its my fault for going to the cinema so much
>>
>>67176005
Are you in highschool?
>>
>>67176030
no, i graduated two years ago
i didn't want to see this just so we're on the same page, i had never even heard of the series before yesterday
>>
>>67176066
No further questions, I hope your girl sucked upon your penis
>>
>>67176089
oh no no no it was my friends wife
>>
>>67176005
>know the gf really wants to see this and i'm going to have to take her
>end up breaking up last weekend
>first thought is "at least i don't have to take her to see that piece of shit"

Good to know I dodged a bullet.

50% of ticket sales will be guys who are stuck with going with girlfriends, guaranteed.
>>
Is it really that bad? Why? How's Kate Winslet?
>>
>>67175797
>it looks like a nintendo 64 cutscene with the actors face glued on
Well shit, now I want to see this film.
>>
>>67176604
kate winslet is not in this movie other wise her dick sucking lips would have made it better

just imagine horrific, depressed acting, a story that literally makes no fucking sense (and i'm not saying this because i havent seen the other two, i mean this movie makes no fucking sense) characters that are literally the blandest archetypes imaginable for little girls to identify with and some of the WORST
VISUAL
EFFECTS
IN
CINEMATIC
HISTORY
>>
>>67177035
Stop selling this shit, you'll make me download all three of them.
>>
>>67176005
so you have a girlfriend who you literally can't understand? do you guys just grunt and point? what the fuck?
>>
>>67177304
it stops being silly or amusing after the first half hour and just tiresome and sad

really don't recommend it
>>
>>67177339
she's not my girlfriend she's my friends wife we all hang out together
>>
>>67177351
You don't understand, I've watch all MST3K thrice
>>
>>67175797
Soooo. I only need one answer:
Does she die in the end like in the books or not
>>
>>67177391
oh ok. Can't your friend translate then? You only need to look up the reviews and show her a rating. i guess she just really wanted to see it
>>
I saw the first one on a plane trip like one year and a half ago, now the third one came out, and I didn't know there was a second one.

How does that happen ?
>>
>>67177777
>>
>>67177695
i didnt know about this franchise until yesterday but what i gathered from looking for this poster is that this is part one of the third book so you don't see the end

>>67177487
mst3k picked funnybad movies this movie stops being funnybad and just badbad for a long time until one good shot at the end where she turns into an orange floating bubble to escape danger

>>67177716
i'll tell you something i learned a long time ago, in this life you must be long suffering because it frankly isn't worth the stress

>>67177814
the theater had posters for the other two movies (which is how i learned that this was the third in a series) and they came out consecutively year after year. i'm assuming they were all shot at the same time
>>
>>67177863
>i'm assuming they were all shot at the same time

probably, the one I saw had a distinct made for TV cheap look to it and it was weird as fuck like when all the factions arrived for the ceremony they were all dancing and screaming even the ones who are supposed to be srs bsns elite security forces.
>>
>>67176117
Wow, you got Kino cucked.
>>
>>67177863
>she turns into an orange floating bubble
You're not succeeding at making me not want to watch this shit
>>
File: 546332_069.jpg (41 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
546332_069.jpg
41 KB, 320x240
>>67177035
Well thank you for your candor.
>>
The problem with a lot of movies based on these novels is that the writers usually don't have a fucking clue how to follow up a successful first book. They were not expecting the success so they have to make some shit up that sometimes just does not make fucking sense. Sometimes I think they would just be better off writing a different book and not sequels. Also 'young author' books suck ass in general anyhow since they are aimed at brain dead teenagers.
>>
>>67178010
i met them at their wedding not sure how you figure that

>>67178178
its young adult and i agree that its a real heap of shit
family movies (targeted at kids) can be enjoyed by all ages young adult movies kind of lose appeal after you turn 15 its just like intentionally bad storytelling
>>
>>67176336

What are you fucking gay?
>>
>>67176005
>not seeing something you liked twice instead of watching this filth

nigga you dumb as shit
>>
My gf loves these movies and I've seen the first two but can hardly remember shit except the really heavy handed metaphor for choosing your career and path in life. Also Miles Teller somehow making his face even more punchable.
>>
>>67179952
i said before and i'll say it again it's better to be long suffering in this life
>>
File: miles-teller.jpg (50 KB, 308x633) Image search: [Google]
miles-teller.jpg
50 KB, 308x633
>>67175797
D R O P P E D
>>
>>67178010
Dont talk about his girlfriend's husband like that
>>
>>67175797
I like when they were in the geyser field and everything was red. It felt like something out of golden age sci-fi.

That's about it. Easily the shittest movie of the year thus far
>>
>>67177351
>>67177035

sounds exactly like the latter Twilight films, which I saw for pretty much the same reason you did

The only thing I took away was "this is a big-budget blockbuster film, HOW can everything look this shitty?"

like no joke I've seen fan-made YouTube videos with better VFX than Breaking Dawn

half the time when they're filming on green screens, there's just a reflection of bright green light on the actor's faces that nobody ever bothered to color-correct
>>
The first two movies were terrible and I can't imagine this one being any better, especially since they're doing the "splitting one book into two movies" thing.
>>
>>67175797
I laughed at this scene in the theater and a few others
>>
>After all this time, I have finally become ... allegiant

Walked out on this scene desu
>>
>>67182020
there is a group in the movie that calls themselves the allegiant for no reason other than the fact its the name in the movie

the bad characters asks the good character what they are even allegiant too but the good character evades the question and we're supposed to act like the bad character got told off

really just a dreadful movie
>>
>>67175797

didn't even know these movies existed lel
>>
this scene was also laughable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0HItJTSFTc
>>
>>67177863
>one good shot at the end where she turns into an orange floating bubble to escape danger
I...I have no words.
>>
>>67182252
i just started clapping to be honest i paid sixteen dollars for an imax ticket and they fooled me they sufficiently tricked me

i forgot to say that the girl wanted to see the movie on max i said who's max eventually i figured out she meant imax
>>
>>67182309
You know man, at this point I'm wanting to see it just to see how bad it can get.

Did that with Fant4stic and I had a hell of a time.
>>
>>67182430
Watch it in imax so you can fully appreciate the fact that most of the backgrounds don't have any textures
>>
>>67182475
AHAHAHA fuck seriously?

I'll catch it either tonight or tomorrow.
>>
>>67181377
>there's just a reflection of bright green light on the actor's faces that nobody ever bothered to color-correct
Fucking hyperkek
>>
>>67182172
>this movie is set in Chicago
The fuck?
>>
>>67182724
From what I've been told it's some walled-in Future Chicago.
>>
>>67182841
>future Chicago
>white people still exist
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.