[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't think of anything worse than a Godzilla movie Actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: godzilla face.png (112 KB, 337x327) Image search: [Google]
godzilla face.png
112 KB, 337x327
I can't think of anything worse than a Godzilla movie

Actually I can, having to WATCH a Godzilla movie

They are, in my opinion, the bottom of the barrel when it comes to entertainment. Do people actually like watching two people wrestle around in rubber suits?
>>
Cuckzilla
>>
I miss when TNT would have an annual 48 hour godzilla marathon.
>>
A puppet show
>>
There are a few good ones in particular, but most of them are shit.

You should try watching Final Wars. I find that even if someone isn't a fan of Godzilla movies, they'll still enjoy Final Wars.
>>
>>67175731
>Do people actually like watching two people wrestle around in rubber suits?

How is it any worse than watching a cgi action-scene?
Thats basically like watching someone else play a videogame.
>>
I can't think of anything worse than OP's thread

Actually I can, having to POST in OP's thread

It is, in my opinion, the bottom of the barrel when it comes to threads. Do people actually like watching OP try and not be a faggot and try to not seem like he doesn't like sucking dick?
>>
>>67176283
final wars is the only godzilla movie i've ever seen that has funny and interesting 3 dimensional human characters. the worst ones have human scenes that are a goddamn fillibuster, like sea monster and gigan.
>>
File: 1449786122600.jpg (424 KB, 888x1076) Image search: [Google]
1449786122600.jpg
424 KB, 888x1076
>>67175731
>he can't comprehend kaijukino
>>
>>67175731

Sounds like capeshit
>>
The very first one has one of the best pieces of music in any film ever. I had no idea that film was going to be so sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl54mC8xdNI
>>
>>67179162
This is a genuinely stellar movie. People often like to see Godzilla and King Kong as some sort of counterparts, but Godzilla is waaaay better than King Kong.
>>
>>67179320
Idk man, King Kong lives is pretty amazing
>>
>>67175731

Yes. I also tend to enjoy the flimsy stories justifying it. Whether it's giant monsters or superheroes.
>>
>>67179346
DeLaurentis Kong movies are the shittiest ones though.
>>
>>67175731
>Do people actually like watching two people wrestle around in rubber suits
thats not what kaiju movies are. That happened on set
>>
>>67179445
None of them after 33 were good
>>
>>67179494
33's a tough act to follow, but the Toho Kongs are still really fun and I really enjoy the worldbuilding of PJ's.

The first DeLaurentis movie was a chore to watch. No dinosaurs and a lackluster Skull Island in general and the final showdown at the World Trade Center with the helicopters effortlessly turning Kong into Sonny from the Godfather lacks all the tension of the biplanes in 33 and PJ. Nicest things I can say about it are the gorilla suit looks nice and I like the idea of showing some of the journey back to civilization with Kong.
>>
>>67179805
>sonny from the godfather
I really don't get that, but the 2005 one is more of a chore for me. Every action scene felt bloated to the point of where I just stopped caring, and it felt like it had no sense of pacing.

Toho's kongs... Eh, escapes is enjoyable like a 60s batman episode, but I could never get into King Kong vs godzilla
>>
>>67175731
Some are good, some are very bad, the first one however, it's the only one I'd consider a movie, maybe 1984 but that's just me.

The Millenium and Heisen series are actually the best ones because they sorta try to have human characters rather than boring people hanging around doing nothing like the Showa series, fuck Ghidra the Three-Headed Monster, I literally fell asleep while watching.
>>
>>67177879
>that are a goddamn fillibuster
What did he mean by this?
>>
Welp, time to marathon the Godzillathon again.
>>
>>67180451
>fuck ghidra the Three-Headed Monster
No nigger, fuck you. I won't have anyone talking shit about King Ghidorah!
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.