[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What could it be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6
File: cryptic.png (274 KB, 514x440) Image search: [Google]
cryptic.png
274 KB, 514x440
What could it be?
>>
Nice. Has anyone figured out what it is?
>>
Lawrence Of Arabia
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Stargate
>>
They should put a little asterisks next to any video that includes AIDSMoby or treats Rich as anything but a punchline so I can be sure to not care before having to open it.
>>
It's about damn time.
>>
Who gives a shit? They suck.
>>
>>67175538
Plinkett when?
>>
DUDE IT'S ANOTHER WACKY EPSIODE WITH RLM'S FAVORITE MAX LANDIS™.

[insert sarcastic joke to pretend that we're not really sucking his cock]
>>
>>67176009
Yeah they were really sucking his cock when neither of them liked his new movie. Is /tv/ so stupid that anything other than OMG WORST EVER equates to ass kissing?
>>
>>67176093

If you think Mike wasn't sucking his cock in that new video you didn't see the same video as the rest of the world. If that movie was made by literally any other person on the planet but Landis he would have ripped it apart for the piece of shit that it is.
>>
>>67176138
Have you even seen the movie or are you just pissed that real world Mike doesn't always fit your headcanon?
>>
>>67176093
Mike was grasping at non-existent straws just to try and praise it. If it wasn't a Landis film they would have shat all over it. No, they wouldn't have even "reviewed" it.

Stay delusional you fucking nerd.
>>
>>67175538
I don't get why these e-celebs are allowed and other are not.
>>
>>67176157
>praise it
Holy fuck, you shot posters are desperate. He gave it a few positive points but overall didn't like it. He also liked Jurassic World so I do t understand how you faggots can even pretend that all Mike normally does is rip shot apart.
>>
>>67176093
>>67176153

Go to bed Max. Shit posting all night won't keep the nightmarish screams of your father's victims away.
>>
>it is a, I get triggered when reviews dont agree with my personal opinion thread
>>
>>67176138
Well I guess you shit on reasonable people you know too. But then again you didn't get what was going on: Mike allowed Jay to criticize the movie as much as he wanted to, so anyone watching would get the counterpoint.
You see you its bad form to shit on people when you get to know them and you've shared some beers together. Especially when you share a common love and interest and even develop a respect for each other.
>>
>>67176275
Not true, for me I get triggered when the opinions expressed represent low brow values and are expressed poorly and inadequately
see: Guardians of the Galaxy and Boyhood episode

almost everything they said can be reduced to
>just turn off your brain!
>quirky fun!
and
>nothing happened!
>people pretend to like it!
>gimmick!

it was some of the least intelligent criticism I've ever seen anywhere and it came from the same guys who made a half dozen fantastic plinkett reviews and 2 solid years of good Half in the Bag
>>
>it's a defend my favrit surrogate friends in the face of obvious selling out thread.
>>
>>67176349
Literally nothing you just said is accurate at all though.
>>
>>67176383
Why all the hate bro?
They're your internet friends too.
>>
>It's a I used to like RLM but now they're more popular so I spend all day every day projecting and shitting on them on /tv/ episode
>>
>>67176436
yeah it is. The memory of seeing that episode and realizing that RLM was completely dead to me will probably last with me forever
>>
>>67176478
>day melodrama
Must suck to have a life so empty that your internet friend simulators not validating your opinion affects you so deeply.

My advice is to kills yourself
>>
>>67176138
yeah but it's not like he praised it that much
they obviously like Landis and didnt want to take a big shit on his work, thats what friends do, you know?
>>
>>67176546
>internet friend simulators not validating your opinion affects you so deeply.
more like the people who got me into film criticism in high school became dumber than me before I even graduated college. It's a shame to see that they've neither achieved success for the quality things that they've done and at the same time given up on attempting to be as important as they once were
>validating my opinions
no, its not that they disagreed. its why and how. it's an important distinction.
>>
>>67176554
>trying to explain irl friends to a bunch of lonely shitposters on /tv/
>>
>>67176478
You see the Plinkett takes much more thought and is much harder to do.
Half in the bag is just filler while Mike gets some inspiration. Its his art.
And you can't have steak every day, it clogs the arteries.
>>
>>67176592
No seriously, kill yourself.
>>
>>67176554
But I want an big edgy echochamber!
>>
>>67176607
>Half in the Bag has been their main content for five years
>filler
Plinkett reviews were never meant to be more than a side hobby
>>
>>67176634
>kill myself because something I once enjoyed is no longer enjoyable and i'm not happy about it
fucking lmao

RLM is completely off of my mind until I see threads on /tv/. It's a constant reminder of how awful they've become. Blame the idiots still posting about every shitty video they produce, not me. I'm the level headed one here.
>>
>>67176670
Half in the Bag is the way they stay afloat.
Plinkett is real deal. Mike does it when he has something to say. Plinkett is the hard and thorough analysis.
>>
It doesnt matter if you hate them. If you post in every thread and watch all their videos, bitch you are a fan
>>
>>67176757
yeah but HiTB was real entertaining and insightful for the first couple years. Then somewhere in 2012 they went off track. By the time 2013 rolled around there was really no reason to watch the show and now it's just hilarious how empty and worthless their entire company is.

Also, BOTW was NEVER good. The closest thing was the highlight reel of them marathoning the Resident Evil movies and Rich's laugh track for it. Genuinely perfect.
>>
>>67176740
>I'm cool and everyone else is a loser
Sure thing, buck-o.
>>
>>67176881
in this thread yeah pretty much
people who are either
>RLM fans
or fit the description here>>67176812
are losers and less cool than me
>>
>>67176757
>Plinkett
>real deal
The announcement trailer that they're doing a Plinkett TFA video has less views than a regular episode of Half in the Bag or Best of the Worst. The Phantom Menace review went viral and the other Star Wars videos were popular too, but anything else Plinkett related after that hasn't had as much of an appeal as Half in the Bag or Best of the Worst.
>>
>>67176817
And yet you keep posting about them and keep replying to anyone that has a different opinion of them than you. Might be time to leave the computer for a bit.
>>
>>67176947
m8 this is the first RLM thread I've been in in months
I'm only here because it's spring break and I have nothing better to do
>>
>>67176817
Look I've been watching their shows as long as as its been put out (as many on this board have), and the fact is human beings only have that much creativity and then they start to repeat themselves. Because RLM remains a small company (to maintain control and expenditure), they had to run out of insights sooner or later.
These are facts. What I look for in their shows now is when they come across a new idea or conclusion. Diamonds in the rough and all that.
And because I have watched them for so long, they've become comfy as hell too.
>>
>>67176947
>he thinks it's me
>>
>>67176971
Of course.
>>
File: Half in the left.jpg (50 KB, 355x236) Image search: [Google]
Half in the left.jpg
50 KB, 355x236
>>67176009
>Yfw the latest HITB where they say to the camera "if you ever want to come hang out again Max..."
>Yfw Jay looks down a little bit, but the camera doesn't do an EXTREME LE MEME CLOSE UP so you know he actually feels shit that Max doesn't want to hang out with them
>Yfw Max being a guest on their show is the highlight of their careers
>Yfw they are still sitting at ~350K subs

As much as I like RLM for them not devolving into SJW shit, I'm puzzled why they are still at such low subs. They actually put time and effort into their production, with a decent amount of variety.

Yet shit like H3H3 with muh coughing Jew hits 1 million subs and it's literally just a guy talking about the latest meme of the week.
>>
>>67177025
>dude why would someone lie on the internet lol
you've officially proven that you're more out of touch with reality than I am
>>
>>67176971

what is this RLM thing people keep talking about? reddit lives matter?
>>
File: 1430061775516.jpg (17 KB, 382x322) Image search: [Google]
1430061775516.jpg
17 KB, 382x322
>>67175903
>a Mike-less video is long overdue
>>
Stop shilling this shit AIDSMoby. RLM turned to shit as soon as you became a regular.
>>
>>67177053
>it's literally just a guy talking about the latest meme of the week
That's why he has more subs than RLM. People that regularly watch youtube don't want 30 minutes movie reviews. They want five minute clickbait videos that they can cycle through for hours. RLM requires attention and yes, a bit of intelligence.
>>
>>67177053
The shorter your video the better.
The more energy in your video the better.
The more cuts in your video the better.

They would definitely get more viewers if they actually tried to copy the formula they made fun of in the Ghostbusters trailer review they could double their views. Obviously I'm glad they don't do that but that's why they don't get as many views as some other channels.
>>
>>67177271
>RLM requires attention and yes, a bit of intelligence
maybe 5 years ago
>>
>>67177299
You're really dedicated to this, aren't you?

Did it ever occur to you that maybe it was YOU that's changed, and not RLM?
>>
File: Drunk nazi.png (379 KB, 502x460) Image search: [Google]
Drunk nazi.png
379 KB, 502x460
>>67177271
RLM is god-tier for background viewing though. If you have use a 40+ inch 4K LED for your monitor and just split screen a game and YouTube, there really is nothing better.
>>
>>67177326
It's both
for instance I can go back to their 2011 Girl with the Dragon Tattoo or Source Code videos and really enjoy how they look at and discuss the film

If I watch them today or even from 2014 it's just laziness and uninteresting
>>
>>67177323
If only you knew your family that well, you'd actually have some form of relationship with them.
Now stop shitting on your internet friends.
>>
File: Mike and Kurt.jpg (39 KB, 470x235) Image search: [Google]
Mike and Kurt.jpg
39 KB, 470x235
What happens when Mike and Kurt are in the same room?
>>
how do they sell out if they gain nothing from it
>>
>>67177622
nothing?
>>
>>67177422
They never even did Source Code.
>>
>>67175538
where was that posted? I don't see it on their twitter...
>>
>>67178320
Patreon.
>>
>>67178320
>not being a member of the super secret real fan club

I wouldn't mind a video without mike, he doesnt have to always be there, could just be a jack and jay vid.
>>
>>67177350
>"the videos are great if you don't actually watch them!"
lol
>>
>>67178344
oh ok thanks
>>
>>67175538
ISHTAR. I'm dead serious.
>>
File: 1449164507143.jpg (18 KB, 367x479) Image search: [Google]
1449164507143.jpg
18 KB, 367x479
>Pre-Landis
>Mike shits all over American Ultra and a bit on Frankenstein movie

>Post-Landis
>Mike now likes those movies
>>
>>67178375
there's been a few botw where mike isn't there
>>
>>67178417
a shame
>>
>>67178375

He's been absent in a few Best of the Worst.
>>
What does Mike and Jay do when they get home from the studio?

Neither of them like video games and they don't seem like TV people. They also produce videos at such a rate that I find it impossible for them to spend their time editing stuff
>>
>>67178417
>>67178434
In fact the next Landis movie review should be Jack and Jay

Mikes integrity is compromised
>>
>>67178497
>Jack
Rich and Jay*
>>
>>67178395
You're dead wrong.
>>
>>67178497
>>67178509
max landis and jay. With jay holding strong and openly expressing how he really feels to max's face.
>>
>>67178509
I dont know if Rich is a strong enough co-host, hes more like a guest type
>>
>>67178600
Not like Mike is doing much when they have guest interviews. He seems to become shy and let Jay drive most of the conversation
>>
>>67177350
I often just enjoy them talking in the background. IT doesn't work as well for BOTW etc but for HitB or reviews or commentary tracks it's great, it's just great, it's great, I'm gonna do it right now, it's gonna be great, it's gonna be great
>>
>>67178509
>Rich and Jay

Two bottoms hosting a video never works. Replace either of them with Jessi or Wizard.
>>
>>67175538
the third pic is from Raiders of Atlantis
>>
best of the worst featuring AIDSmoby, AIDSSkrillex, AIDSThomasDolby & AIDSJeanMichelJarre when?
>>
plz no max landis, plz

mike, your hot opinions are the best and your alpha to antics what make it worthwhile, but don't compromise rlm just because you smell an opportunity in your late life plz, I thought we were friends
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.