[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best way to start watching Dr. Who? I want to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: pwnd.jpg (128 KB, 838x960) Image search: [Google]
pwnd.jpg
128 KB, 838x960
What is the best way to start watching Dr. Who?

I want to be able to have relevant conversations about the most referenced episodes and "the classics," but to be totally honest I don't want to watch 20+ seasons and boring BBC trash from the 60's.
>>
Try watching 2005 season, of 2010 season. Maybe you'll like it, or maybe you'll hate it. If you hate it, too bad, but no point in torturing yourself just to fit in.

If you like it, watching classics would not be a problem anymore, you will want to do it.
>>
File: 1447355741395.jpg (71 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1447355741395.jpg
71 KB, 640x480
>>67172706
>>
>>67172706
>Boring BBC trash from the 60s
The best 60s episodes are far superior to the best of the modern series.

If you want to get into the classics but don't want to start at episode 1 season 1, I'd advise you start with 'Genesis of the Daleks' which is a Tom Baker/ 4th doctor story.

I'd avoid the Colin Baker/6th doctor era, as a general rule that's when the show was at its worst (but the modern series is trying its best to reach that level).
>>
>>67173761
>modern
The color looks weird and not technicolor-y at all.

Also the doctor looks like a dweeb and isn't hot and wears scarves indoors
>>
>>67172756
i saw the weeping angels and a few others like the pirate ship. I like the david tenant episodes sorta.

Is the girl always just an annoying tag-along?
>>
The old stuff was cheesy scifi but the new stuff is pushing social agendas for the sake of doing so. Don't feel like you -have- to start watching OP
>>
>Doctor Who fangirls are smart
>>
>>67174187
Depends. It's better that way because when they break this mold it's getting just plain ridiculous. But that's just how we roll.
>>
>>67174221
so it isn't just "doctor goes on a mission and alerts some bitch out of the blue...audience is informed as the bitch is informed....she tags along and maybe is useful, but in the end its the doctor or his gadgets or technology that win the day"?
>>
>>67172706
Series 5 is comfy as fuck. Give eleventh hour a try if you like it keep watching if you don't; stop
>>
Weak bait thread
Obvious trolling
Retards actually responding to this shit like it's a real question
>>
>I'm 98% sure the people who hate Twilight are just fedorafags who were jealous every girl wanted to fuck Edward and Jacob instead of them.
>>
>>67174248
It's not necessary gadgets. It may be various shit, like inspiring locals to uprise or starting peace talk.

Random bitch who is aware of Doctor and gets to tag along and maybe sometimes useful is fairly reasonable description though.
>>
>>67174289
Hating Twillight is just a meme. It's received wisdom that it is bad, but most probably have very vague idea what it actually is.
>>
>>67172706
Become a total tucking loser

Seriously, Dr. Who fans are worse than bronies at this point
>>
>>67174357
I'm a med chemist and the only women I work with are HR and a few "nerd girls" that haven't hit their thirties yet. Fuck big pharma, but that's how it is.

I will use whatever I need to get into those pants. I'm sick of fucking guys at the moment & I haven't been with girls since my teen years.
>>
>>67174390
>I'm sick of fucking guys

Then modern Doctor Who probably isn't for you
>>
>>67174457
It's either you play league of legends or you watch dr who with these women. I don't understand. I don't want to understand. I just have physical needs and I've been having physical relations for too long to consider jackin it
>>
>>67174289
Eh, the movies were very bad. First one you can survive, but the rest REQUIRED Rifftrax. Even with Dakota Fanning, it was quite hard to watch.

>CGI baby
Fucking nightmare.

The books I don't know. Read the first one and enjoyed it enough to finish it. But nothing extraordinary.

But I agree, I hate the phrase "still a better lovestory than Twilight"
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.