[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it time for a Good Will Hunting remake? With a black lead?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Is it time for a Good Will Hunting remake? With a black lead?
>>
how do u make the black bit cover the text?
>>
>>67168936
Edris Elba?
>>
>movies i love that everyone hates general

i relate to that boy a lot
>>
thoughts on thoughts?
>>
>>67168953
It's not your fault
>>
>>67168870
Proper remakes will become redundant in time but I can see Good Will Hunting being remade some time. Of course they will have to find different actors, since the old ones have aged, but I don't think that would be a problem. I'm not sure how much the location they filmed where they hunt has changed either, assuming it's still the same then I guess they could film there as well. Another thing we would have to thing about would be if the remake took place when the original took place or if it takes place in modern times. If it's the former then they will have to tear down buildings and what not that would otherwise be visible when shooting the film, but if it's the later then I don't think they have much to worry about. Also the process of the actual filming would either have to stay or change depending on how they want to do the movie, if they want it taking place during the original time then I guess just regular film would work out just fine but if it's modern day then they can record it in 4k which I think would drive in a lot of people to the movie or IMAX theater (if you have one that is). The actual distribution process would be weird considering a lot of us /tv/ users have seen the show so I'm not sure if they would bring in a large audience, but nevertheless if they can't bring in the young crowd then it wouldn't hurt to throw in a bit more violence, and hey maybe they can do the good will "hunting" with a machine gun or laser gun instead of a regular bolt action rifile, but I digress. The proper time to release such a remake would be in 2017 but if it's a little bit later then I can see it being a success. You guys tell me in the comments what you guys think and if you don't thing they should remake it, then tell me why, and please be constructive and no bad words please guys lets try to keep it civil.
>>
I hope they put the gay scene between professors back in. Ben/Matt put it in to make sure people actually read the script. Now, they can claim it's a progressive remake.
>>
>>67168870

It doesn't need to be remade.

There's already a version of it with Sean Connery helping an impoverished kid realise his potential.

To make an observation, the kid is also black, who's sick of living in shit neighbourhoods with crime.
>>
>>67168948
spoiler tags Anon.
>>
>>67169035
Are you serious?
>>
>Robin Williams killed himself and Matt Damon is an insufferable faggot

This movie so poorly represented reality it should be classified as sci-fi.
>>
>>67169095
puntsch the keysh!
>>
> Finding Forrester
>>
>>67168962
your momma a thot
>>
>>67169167
I like Matt Damon.
>>
File: 51wIfZ1M95L.jpg (42 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
51wIfZ1M95L.jpg
42 KB, 350x500
>>67168870
It's already been done
>>
>>67169297

Bayshed. If the EshJWs want to shtart moaning about this shit, show them thish
>>
>>67169170

It wash a good movie in my opinion t.b.h

Shpectacular
>>
>>67169297
You're the man now dog
>>
>>67169095
He's right and it this was also directed by Gus Van Sant.
>>
>>67168870
>casting a black man as a janitor
That's fucking racist man. What, black people can't be more better educated to get good jobs? Fucking modern slavery man, fuck you.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.