[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pixar Rating thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: pixar-studios.jpg (269 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
pixar-studios.jpg
269 KB, 1440x900
Rate Pixar movies
> GOAT
Wall-E
> God Tier
Toy Story 1, 3
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles
> Great Tier
Toy Story 2
Monsters Inc.
Brave
A Bug's Life
> Meh Tier
Ratatouille
Up
> Shit Tier
Cars
Monsters University
Cars 2
>>
>Pretty Good
The Incredibles

>Okay I Guess
Toy Story 1-3
Finding Nemo
Up
Monsters Inc

>Meh
WALL-E
Monsters University
A Bug's Life
Ratatouille

>???
Brave
The Good Dinosaur
Cars 2
Inside Out

>So Terrible That George Miller Won Animated Feature With Penguins
Cars
>>
File: gandalf-3d.jpg (102 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
gandalf-3d.jpg
102 KB, 800x600
> Bug's Life that high
> Brave that high
> Up that high
All incredibly overrated
>>
File: anon is confused.png (227 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
anon is confused.png
227 KB, 500x377
>>67165804
> No inside out
>>
>>67165922

>Up that high
>Down that low
>Front that forward
>Back that behind
>>
Reminder that nothing after up counts as Pixar. That's when borderline the entire writing staff was replaced
>>
Don't see why everyone hates Brave. Decent film, gorgeous animation, and the plot isn't like every other Pixar film where they'll kill off a side character (or protagonist for a minute!) for easy maudlin.

Up blew it's load in the first 15 minutes, Toy Story 3 was cashgrab that exists to sell off nostalgia., and Cars 2 is just too easy.

Brave felt like the only Pixar film since Wall-E that actually tried something a little different and more reserved.
>>
>>67167622
I agree with all your points, but Toy Story 3 was genuinely a good movie, even looking beyond the nostalgia.
>>
>>67165804
You got it right except for UP
>>
File: 1428504701251.webm (3 MB, 1920x802) Image search: [Google]
1428504701251.webm
3 MB, 1920x802
>>67165804

>GOAT
Wall-E
>God Tier
Toy Story
Monsters Inc.,
The Incredibles
Brave (although I feel like it would be nearly GOAT if it wasn't about her mom becoming a Bear and was more about her just dealing with the social issues of the time)
Ratatouille
>Good Tier
Finding Nemo
A Bug's Life
Up
>Meh Tier
Monster's University
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
>Shit Tier
Cars
Cars 2
Inside Out
The Good Dinosaur

It's a shame that Pixar has fallen so ungracefully. Wall-E will always be their crowning achievement it seems. Brave could have been incredible too if it didn't have such a retarded deviation in the story. The characters were well fleshed out but they didn't do anything decent with them, still a good movie though, I think it's a bit underrated. Ratatouille was pretty damn good too, not much wrong with it. The Good Dinosaur looks so fucking stupid it's not even worth entertaining, and Inside Out is not only an unfunny unoriginal concept, but it has given lots of kids an inaccurate understanding of how their emotions work. Also is it just me or is Monster's University such a weird fucking idea for a sequel? It sounds like one of those fake 21 Jumpstreet Sequels. "Monster's Inc. but in college?!?!?!!!?!?!?!? WOAH!!!"
>>
>>67165804

>GOAT
Incredibles/Wall-E

>God-tier
TS1
TS3
Inside Out

>Great-tier
TS2
Ratatouille
Monsters Inc.

>Okay-tier
Finding Nemo
Brave
Up

>Meh-tier
A Bug's Life
Monsters University
The Good Dinosaur

>Jew-tier
Cars
Cars 2

>>67167622
Brave's main problem is that it was inefficient; normal Pixar movies whiz the plot right along on top of the humor, rich characterization, world-building, etc. but you can sum up the events of Brave with "a scottish teenager accidentally her mom into a bear but then saves her at the last minute" because so much of the movie was basically just a pubescent tomboy and her mother having shouting matches over shit that had zero to do with anything outside of their relationship. All of the other characters are accessories at best to the central plot of "but mooooooom, I don't wanna wear a stupid dress" and it's painfully obvious that the film was directed by a woman.
>>
Why is Toy Story 2 always ranked lower than 1 & 3?
>>
>God tier
Up fucking fight me
Incredibles
Ratatouille

>High tier
Toy Story 1
Toy Story 2
Monsters Inc.
Wall-e

>Good tier
Bug's Life
Finding Nemo

>Meh tier
Inside Out
Monsters University

>Something got fucked during development and it shows tier
Brave
Good Dinosaur

>Surprisingly less shit than Cars 1 tier
Cars 2

>Cars tier
Cars
>>
>>67165804
>God Tier
The Incredibles
Toy Story 1 and 3
Finding Nemo
Inside Out
Up

>Pretty Good Tier
Monsters Inc
Toy Story 2
Ratatouille

>Good Tier
Monsters U
Cars
Brave

>Meh Tier
Cars 2
A Bug's Life

>Shit Tier
Dinosaur

Objectively correct
>>
>>67165919
Car 2 is in a league of its own with how awful it is. No idea about planes. Put toy story 1 up with Incredibles and Up down in the meh and I completely agree with this.
>>
>>67169991
Because it's not as good
>>
>>67171888
>care 2 above cars
Why? Mater was the worst thing about cars and cars 2 was just non stop mater.

If they had cut mater it would have been pretty decent, but he's such a large part of the movie there's no way you can ignore his shit ruining the entire thing.
>>
>>67171978

Man i fucking loved Dinosaur when I was a kid. Is it really that bad?
>>
>>67165804
People actually liked Brave?
I thought it was pure bears shit.
>>
>Cartoon for babies tier
Wall-E
Ratatouille
Up
Monsters Inc.
Brave
A Bug's Life
Toy Story 1,2,3
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles
Monsters University
Cars 1, 2
>>
>>67171978
fuck you inside out loving freak
Dinosaur was fucking amazing for its time
>>
>>67169991
It's a great movie but it just doesn't have that shining moment that tells you it's something really special.

Toy Story 3 had 2, the incinerator scene and the scene where Andy gives up Woody to Bonnie, the timing and animation was so perfect for those movies. These are strengthened admittedly from nostalgia of having known the characters for a long time, but they are still so powerful that it's deserving of placing higher than TS2.

Toy Story 1 had the flight scene which still goes down in movie history as something amazing albeit for its innovations into CGI. But it's still a time tested classic moment that will forever be remembered.

Toy Story 2 just didn't have those moments, it had a couple small ones like the Jessie/Emily montage, and the scene where Andy comes home from cowboy camp. But they are just not as defining. It's still a great movie, but just not quite on the same level as 1 and 3.
>>
>>67165804
>> Meh Tier
>Ratatouille
>Up
have you seen them ?
>>
>>67172238
If you ever moved away as a kid from where you grew up you would see how spot on accurate those interactions were for Riley. That movie really fucked with my emotions.
>>
>>67172269
Yes, tell me exactly how Up is not completely mediocre after the first 15 minutes.
>>
>>67172076
But anon, that's exactly why it's better.

Cars 2 was a shitshow slapped together to make merchandising bucks, but at least it seems aware of that. Nothing in the entire movie is taken seriously.

Cars, on the other hand, still thinks it's a real movie and suffers because of it. Long-ass stretches of the movie get bogged down to focus on Owen Wilson's inner struggle/conflict/fucking whatever, and there's no reason to care whatsoever.

So Cars 2 creeps ahead on the merit that retarded > downright boring.
>>
Incredibles and Toy Story 1 are their best two movies.

Wall-E is the exact same case as UP but better than UP because it's GOAT part lasts for roughly 1/3rd of the film instead of just the opening. It should be in Great tier not GOAT.
>>
>all these up shitters

Friendly reminder that
>Carl Fredrickson is the best written Pixar character
>Up's third act is the best part of the movie, and rivals the endings of Incredibles and Ratatouille
>Charlze Muntz is a solid antagonist and a gr8 foil to Carl
>Up came out right before Pixar began to plateau visually
>>
Here's the actual patrician rankings.

1. Ratatouille

Power GAP.

2. Toy Story 3
3. The Incredibles
4. WALL-E
5. Toy Story
6. Finding Nemo

Power GAP.

7. Monsters Inc.
8. Inside Out

Power GAP.

9. Cars
10. A Bug's Life
11. Up
12. Monsters University

Power GAP.

9001. Cars 2
90000000001. Brave

I haven't seen Good Dinosaur

Ratatouille is the superior Pixar movie. Excellent, fast pace, great story, universally relatable message, multi-dimensional realistic characters and ultimately a bold honest statement on human talent and development. Literally the Citizen Kane of Pixar movies.
>>
I feel sorry for good dinosaur. It's a great take on westerns and looks amazing. Makes me wish I had a son to take to the theaters and watch it with
>>
>>67165804
Ratatouille is perfection.
Sorry but no other movie come close
>>
>>67165804
why does everyone hate ratatouille? what's wrong with it?
>>
>SS
Wall-E
>S
The Incredibles
Ratatouille
>A
Toy Story 1
Monsters Inc.
Up
>B
Inside Out
Finding Nemo
Toy Story 2
Monsters University
>C
Cars
>Haven't even watched
Toy Story 3
Brave
Cars 2
A Bug's Life
Good Dinosaur
>>
>>67171978
Dinosaur wasn't Pixar open. And it was the first dvdmy dad ever bought us so it has a special place in my heart. That cave minigame familia.
>>
I thought Inside Out was entirely overrated. I would put it in the Brave/Cars 2 tier. Finding Nemo is also somewhat overrated. I would put it in the Cars tier.

GOAT
Wall-E

God tier
The Incredibles
Ratatouille
Toy Story 1 and 3
UP
Monsters Inc

Good tier
The Good Dinosaur
Toy Story 2
Cars
A Bugs Life
Brave
Finding Nemo

Meh teir
Cars 2
Inside Out
Dinosaur
Planes
>>
>>67173311
Sorry I meant to put Brave in the meh tier.
>>
>>67173311
>Inside Out that low
Do you not have feelings?
>>
>>67165804

Wall-E was good until the second half began, that's when it became just a mediocre movie.
>>
>>67169434
Same except I would swap Ratatouille and Up
>>
>>67165804
>Monsters University
>Shit Tier
Why though? It's a great origin story for both characters
>>
>GOAT
The life montage from Up (just that, not the rest of the film)

>God Tier:
TS1
TS3
Inside Out
Incredibles
Wall-E

>Great/Good Tier:
Nemo
TS2
Bug's Life

>Meh Tier:
Cars
Brave
Ratatoullie
Monsters Inc
The Rest of Up

>Bad:
Cars 2
Good Dinosaur
Monsters U
>>
This thread is making me realize that I don't like animated films, including Pixar films, nearly as much as I did only five years ago.

Anyway, here's mine:

>TOP TIER
The Incredibles
Ratatouille

>HIGH TIER
Toy Story
Finding Nemo
Wall-E

>MID TIER
Monsters Inc.
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3

>LOW TIER
Cars
A Bug's Life

>BOTTOM TIER
Up

>DIDN'T SEE IT TIER
Cars 2
Monsters University
Brave
Inside Out
The Good Dinosaur
>>
File: 10 times the power the PSX.png (558 KB, 488x640) Image search: [Google]
10 times the power the PSX.png
558 KB, 488x640
>Brad Bird tier

The Incredibles
Ratatouille

>Good tier

Monsters Inc
WALL-E

>Alright tier

Finding Nemo
Toy Story 1/3
A Bug's Life

>Had potential but just went to meh tier

Inside Out
Up

>Shit tier

everything else
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.