[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Commentaries you enjoyed more than the actual movie.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: it follows.jpg (370 KB, 1500x2250) Image search: [Google]
it follows.jpg
370 KB, 1500x2250
Commentaries you enjoyed more than the actual movie.
>>
Conan the Barbarian
>>
I hated the use of burgundy/maroon in this movie. They tried very hard to have specific color in each scene and the use of burgundy to stand out was very pointless. It was just distracting and didn't serve to identify important characters, moments, tones, etc.

This was a major error for a movie that put such emphasis on color.
>>
going for the obvious but, Cannibal The Musical
>>
>>67165749
Came here to say this. Movie was shit but the commentary was hilarious.
>>
>>67165271
>tropic thunder
Robert Downey Jr stays in character the whole time, jack black is late and eats a burger with no buns but two meat patties, and Ben stiller gives some funny back story
>jackass
Hilarious hearing them all rag on each other while watching. Steve o does cocaine during the wasabi snort. The very opening with the mtv spaceman someone goes "was it hot in that suit Pontius?"
>dawn of the dead (2004)
Zach Snyder and the producer are pretty funny dudes and throw some great jabs at people that question realism in a zombie movie. Every time there's a gory headshot Zach goes "and that's what you want" "that's what you wanna see" "that's what people want"
>Napoleon dynamite
Kip, pedro, uncle Rico, and deb are all funny and give some good back story on the making of the movie and behind the scenes info
>>
Holes

Specifically, the cast commentary
>>
>>67166083
Own this and never watched it. Checking it tomorrow
>>
Towels
>>
File: Resident_evil poster.jpg (82 KB, 300x445) Image search: [Google]
Resident_evil poster.jpg
82 KB, 300x445
>>
File: Joy-Ride- poster.jpg (146 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Joy-Ride- poster.jpg
146 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>67167006
Cast? Would love to see that actually; Steve zhan is too funny man
>>
Gladiator
>Crowe making fun of Joaquin being a baby half the time, other times praising his performance and saying how great he is.
>talking about Oliver Reed's drinking problem
>talking about based Djimon
>talking about all the mistakes that made it into the movie getting Ridley Scott pissed off
It's just so dang comfy.
>>
I dont know that I would say more than, but I enjoyed "the band commentary" on This Is Spinal Tap at least as much as the original movie.
>>
The twilight saga's cast commenties are genuinely hilarious desu
>>
>>67165271
Orgasmo Commentary is pretty awesome.
You can tell Matt and Trey are stoned as fuck.
>>
>>67167355
All the Twilight cast were overall so self aware they were making trash that I still like them all really well. People are entitled to hate the films but I think they are turning into guilty pleasures for me at this point.
>>
File: 86541_v1.jpg (46 KB, 300x454) Image search: [Google]
86541_v1.jpg
46 KB, 300x454
The one with just Richard Kelly and Jake Gyllenhaal.

Jake is a madman. He does a dead-on impression of Christopher Walken as if he was playing Frank.

>Donneh. I'm sorreh. You're gonna die, Donneh.
>>
File: 1NwxBdDgqbjh8JyYTT3m2yguyWz.jpg (235 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1NwxBdDgqbjh8JyYTT3m2yguyWz.jpg
235 KB, 1000x1500
I don't like it more than the film obviously, but it's still worth noting. Probably my favorite. It's literally just Carpenter and Russell broing the fuck out the whole time. Comfy as shit.
>>
Where the fuck can you find some of these commentaries online without buying a physical copy of the movie?
>>
>>67167506
sadly it's very hit and miss on public trackers, I tried getting a few remuxes thinking they'd leave the commentary track on them but nope. Basically just scour youtube and search for full DVD/Bluray rips.
>>
>>67165271
I have this on Blu-ray but still to watch the commentary.
What makes it so memorable? Might actually watch it when I get home from work.
>>
>>67168882
also if you find one you really like on youtube you should rip it and save it immediately because they get taken down eventually.

>>67167473
This one for example wasn't up last time I looked, but thanks for making me search for it again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhgJ82sDDuU
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMIUj_nRxoY

I just found out they did more music and some MST3K-esque dialogue gags for the Dr Horrible commentary track.
>>
>>67165271
>cast talking
>original movie sounds come back on for a good five minutes
>cast comes back laughing hard
What the fuck dude I want to hear that shit, don't censor a commentary.
>>
>>67165271
Scooby doo was pretty funny
>>
>>67165271
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9BzA_0TLBs
>>
>>67166025
Kekkers. The tropic thunder one sounds great
>>
Adam and joe did a great bit about commentaries that are amusing because of their shitness. An Arnold one:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3qSlpL3TOk

And Guy Ritchie's one for Revolver which is just fucking spectacular:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3qSlpL3TOk
>>
where can i even find commentary tracks without having to hunt down dvds?

>>67170879
really wanna hear the scooby doo one i bet it's real fun top bants
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.