[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PLEASE GOD MAKE IT STOP. I JUST WANT TO WATCH NORMAL MOVIES PLEASE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: Capeshit.jpg (97 KB, 600x887) Image search: [Google]
Capeshit.jpg
97 KB, 600x887
PLEASE GOD MAKE IT STOP. I JUST WANT TO WATCH NORMAL MOVIES PLEASE GOD JUST STOP PLEASE
>>
>>67164489
it's not like if these movies weren't coming out there would suddenly be a golden age of black and white french films or whatever gay shit you're into
>>
>>67164489
Then just watch regular movies. How is this stopping you from watching any other movie? Are you too autistic to watch things that aren't popular?
>>
>>67164644
>>67164665
capeshit shills. I swear your either autists or payed by marvel/dc.
>>
>>67164706
OK buddy, whatever you say. I'll go watch a movie now while you sit there all angry and autistic.
>>
>>67164644
hehe
>>
>>67164489
How is this stopping you from watching regular films? You act like the only films that come out every year is capeshit. No one is forcing you.
>>
>>67164489
>incredibles 2
Hol up
Since when?
>>
Have you spent the last several hundred years watching movies from sun up to sun down? If not, you are objectively seeking out the superhero movies which you claim to dislike rather than avoiding them, making you a parody of a person.
>>
>superhero garbage is replacing quality movies
>manchildren and retards will still defend their existence

It's pretty funny to see grown men argue over DC and marvel and whatever else though.
>>
File: 1451164659335.gif (1 MB, 258x193) Image search: [Google]
1451164659335.gif
1 MB, 258x193
>>67164872
>parody of a person
I remember my first time trying to sound like a pseudo-intellectual
>>
>>67164489

what the fuck is so exciting about grown men in costumes fighting

please someone help me understand
>>
>>67164489

but these are the normie movies anon. are you sure you're not the weird one?
>>
>>67164936

I remember when /tv/ became infested with subhumans from /pol/ who get triggered by vocabulary words not found in a preschool homework assignment and incorrectly use terms like pseudointellectual.

You are a parody of a person; someone like you would be found as a background character in Idiocracy.
>>
>>67164876
>I'm superior because I don't like popular things!
How's march break going for you young friend?
>>
>>67165026
What does "parody of a person" mean? Explain please.

>>67165030
They're children movies. It's okay to like them...but let's not pretend they're meant for adults.
>>
Can't wait for Justice League and Flash tbqh.
>>
>>67164872
>objectively seeking out the superhero movies which you claim to dislike rather than avoiding them
>objectively

How is he "objectively" seeking them?
>>
>>67164489

What's keeping you from watching "normal movies?"
>>
>>67165070

Entertainment is for children. Got it. You are now my idol, good sir. Time to go sip some unsweetened herbal tea, put on some Enya and browse Reddit on my Macbook.
>>
File: capeshit of the future.jpg (123 KB, 792x894) Image search: [Google]
capeshit of the future.jpg
123 KB, 792x894
>>
>>67165232
There is entertainment for children and people who want to feel like a child, and entertainment for mature audiences.

You can escape into movies however you choose.
>>
File: 1423521335107.jpg (7 KB, 252x207) Image search: [Google]
1423521335107.jpg
7 KB, 252x207
>one day people will look back on capeshit the same way people look back on westerns now
Feels weird man.
>>
>>67165234
>wanting to skip Thor: Ragnarok a.k.a. Planet Hulk

pls
>>
>>67165234
You're going to watch all of them, you're not fooling anyone
>>
>>67165298
>Avengers is dollar trilogy now
>Robert Downey Jr is John Wayne now
>>
>>67165275

So what does it really mean to be entertained like a child, opposed to being entertained as an adult? What is the defining cusp of maturity? Where does something like Batman or The Question flip over to something like Se7en or Red Dragon? The line can be blurred, but the reason these movies are successful is because it's the kind of crap that sells, not because of any inherent flaws in the medium or genre. It's safe and palatable, and the same "man child" label can carry over to basically any other genre movie with a safe, commercial approach. How is the power fantasy of Batman or Superman any different from that of John Matrix or Charles Bronson in Death Wish 3?
>>
>>67165481
Most superhero movies are competently made and they are truly safe money grabs from a general audience, you'll never hear me say otherwise.

The line doesn't blur, it's clear cut. A viewer wants to be entertained...by either being challenged by what's on the screen, or to escape into fantasy (capeshit, star wars, 2012, Harry Potter, etc). Neither is wrong, but it's senseless to argue over which fantasy hero is better when there's not really much substance in the content.

With the over saturation of bland superhero movies, there is a decrease in challenging movies for movie goers who seek it.
>>
>>67165234
>sandman

my nigga
>>
>>67164489
What happened to Inhumans?
>>
>>67165234
>skip apocalypse
>skip doctor strange
>skip inhumans
>watch wolverine
>watch tmnt
good list
>>
How is sandman capeshit?
>>
why dont they make another Hulk movie?
>>
>>67164489
So out of the thousands of films released each year from different cultures, and regions. You have decided that the 7-8 cape films releasing this year have drove the industry too far.
>>
Bloodshot? Harbinger? Fuck yeah! Maybe not traditional comic book flicks still have a chance
>>
>>67165234
>watch guardians of the galaxy 2
>skip suicide squad
what?
>patrician tier sandman
ok i agree with that, i was looking forward to jgl being in it, but he took off of that project
>>
File: 914220-shazam_2[1].jpg (65 KB, 454x804) Image search: [Google]
914220-shazam_2[1].jpg
65 KB, 454x804
>>67164489
Shazam is probably the faggiest cape to ever get printed. He looks like Michael MacIntyre
>>
The bubble will likely burst in the next few years and those planned projects will be shelved indefinitely.
>>
>>67164489
I'm ok with that. Please continue.
>>
Comicfags:
Are Shazam and Aquaman potentially interesting movies?
I only know them from the few DC animated movies I've seen. Shazam seems kinda weird to me, a bunch of kids with superpowers to make them similar to Superman?
And aquaman seems a bit like Thor, very seperated from the rest of the world. Only by sea instead of space.
>>
>>67165115
because it is his objective
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.