[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Disney ever explain why there was a random cluster of sea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
Did Disney ever explain why there was a random cluster of sea mines in Finding Nemo that the fish had to swim through? What the fuck was that all about?
>>
>>67162113
They were paying homage to a classic windows 3.1 game called 'Minecraft', you had to match up cards suites to defend your base.
>>
It was an old WW1 minefield intended to sink submarines.
>>
>>67162113
>Did Disney ever explain why there was a random cluster of sea mines in Finding Nemo that the fish had to swim through? What the fuck was that all about?

>what is World War 2
>>
>>67162113
Did Microsoft ever explain why there was a random cluster of sea mines in Windows 3.1 Minesweeper? What the fuck was that all about?
>>
>>67162214
How were WW1 submarines supposed to get from Europe to the Australian coast? They could hardly make it past Ireland
>>
>>67162254

i dont know about other countries but the military still clear out mines in the ocean every year from ww2
>>
>>67162113

Japan dumped a bunch of sea mines of the coast of Australia during WW2 trying to cut it off from American troop ships coming to Australia, and Australian coal and iron going to America
>>
>>67162113
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskScienceFiction/comments/30hz0w/finding_nemo_who_built_the_minefield/cpsm3cg
>>
>>67162254
I don't know. Looks like an oversight, obviously an entire minefield wouldn't be able to move that distance, much less stay together. Were there any early 20th century submarine engagements off of the Australian coast?
>>
>>67162354

There were a lot of cruiser and merchant raids between German and Australia off the East coast.

German and Japan both laid mines off the East coast during ww2 trying to stop Australian merchant ships from getting to America
>>
>>67162354
No. There were surface ship engagements in the Pacific and Indian ocean though, the HMS Sydney sunk SMS Emden (famous commerce raider) off the Cocos Islands as an example. The submarines were limited to the North Sea and Atlantic. I think they must have been from WW2, the allies laid contact sea mines all over the Pacific, I don't think the Japanese did in Australian waters though
>>
File: 145812668735647.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
145812668735647.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>67162308
>posting a r.edit.exe link on 4klan
enjoy your banalamadingdong
>>
File: Mine_(AWM_304925).jpg (69 KB, 450x320) Image search: [Google]
Mine_(AWM_304925).jpg
69 KB, 450x320
They were probably WW2 era, this is a German contact sea mine
>>
>>67162415
Both Japan as well as the Allies laid mines all over Australian waters.
>>
>>67162430
you people are so easy to bait
>>
>>67162944
>jokes on you that was bait!
hahaha yea ok
you seem new as shit so ill just be done with you
>>
>>67162113

Since when is "Finding Nemo" a TV show?
>>
>>67163012
>Television & Film

this is bait, right?
>>
>>67162170

fucking retard it's 'Mindsweeper' because you have to use your mind to figure out where the mines were.
>>
>>67162113
They're at war duh
Deepest lore
>>
It's to protect them from seaborne Emus.
>>
>>67163164
seamus
>>
>>67163187
kek
>>
File: uncomfortable.jpg (16 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
uncomfortable.jpg
16 KB, 447x444
>>67162964
>reddit is seen as the bogeyman
>people get riled up over just seeing the word
>someone posts a link to reddit
>you think they were being serious and not trying to garner responses just like yours
>>
File: no.jpg (15 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
15 KB, 447x444
>>67163327
>come to 4chan
>make shit post for amusement
>"baiting" is my favorite past time
>>
File: uncomfortble.jpg (36 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
uncomfortble.jpg
36 KB, 447x444
>>67163563
>reply to my post
>being this butt-blasted
>>
The minefield is likely from WWII. There was an active submarine and antisubmarine campaign going on off the coast of Australia throughout the whole war. The sunken sub in question appears to be an American Gato Class, with late-war modifications to the conning tower.

t. a cross-boarder from /k/
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.