[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it, why did they kill themselves?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: itunes_suicideclub[1].jpg (675 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
itunes_suicideclub[1].jpg
675 KB, 800x1200
I don't get it, why did they kill themselves?
>>
>>67161541
It's not specifically stated
>>
Because it was the suicide club, what else are you going to do
>>
>>67161541
They're Japanese
>>
>>67161541
They're not connected to themselves.
Did you even watch it?
>>
>be japanese
>once you finish school, your life is basically over anyway, so why not just kill yourselves?
>>
>>67161541

You know how parents say "If you friends all jumped off of a bridge, would you do it too?"

This is the most extreme form of that.
>>
>>67163027

Why tho
>>
tfw no friends or cute sisters to form a suicide pact with
>>
>>67161541
Suicide basically becomes a meme.
>>
I loved the sequel. I'm afraid to watch it incase it's actually shit and I only liked it as a teenager
>Some will kill, some will be killed. That's the circle of life, though there are contradictions. There are no perfect circles anywhere in nature. But if you draw a circle with a compass and a big fat marker, a thick outline will make it seem perfect. I'll give you a sense of perfection, Tetsuzo. You can be a lion. I'll be a rabbit. I don't need thick outlines. My metal box is starting to rot. I'm gonna go to a higher level. A rabbit, a suicide, a killer, evil, water overflowing from a glass... I'll be whatever no one else wants to be. I'm sick of shameless outlines of people seeking happiness. They don't wanna be rabbits. They just wanna eat rabbits. There's no such jungle.
>>
watch norikos dinner table it gives more context and it's a better overall film
>>
>>67161541
Didn't you read the fucking sticky you fucking retard? Add spoilers next time.
>>
>>67161541
You do realize that japan has a large percentage of suicide.

This is very sad film about japan society and how their unhappiness causes them to be suicidal.

But...i must say th e prequel/sequel Noriko's Dinner Table was a better film and up there is one of my fav sono films.

It never gets talked about on here.
>>
>tfw the novel will never be translated into english

im not learning fucking Japanese just to read one book
>>
>>67163102
80 hour workweeks.
>>
>>67163226
It's pretty impressive how the prequel to one of his worst films ended up being one of his best films.
>>
>>67163435
Agreed.

Love that film.

But Love Exposure is still my favorite of his. I don't think he can top it.

Kind of like Tokyo Tribe...but in a different way.
>>
>>67163106
I'll form a suicide pact with you anon
>>
something inebriated by pop culture
>>
>>67163852
Let's do it friend. You can choose how we go out. Or we can have a free for all Virgin Suicides style
>>
>>67163852
You knew this was coming, right?

https://youtu.be/UZt2_kqoqqI
>>
>>67163508
I don't think he'll ever top Love Exposure. I liked Tokyo Tribe a lot, but it didn't manage to come close to Why Don't You Play In Hell as his most "fun" movie.
>>
>>67163158

There was a sequel? I should look it up.
>>
>>67166080
Guess more of a prequel, Noriko's Dinner table
>>67163175
>>67163226
>>67163435
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.