[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any comedies that handle cutaway gags legitimately
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Family_Guy_Logo.svg.png (98 KB, 1280x764) Image search: [Google]
Family_Guy_Logo.svg.png
98 KB, 1280x764
Are there any comedies that handle cutaway gags legitimately well?

Pic very unrelated
>>
>>67160365
first 3 seasons worth of cutaways were fucking great though
>>
How I met Your Mother
>>
>>67160365
Family guy is legitimately hilarious

Only contrarians think otherwise
>>
>>67160365
Arrested Development
>>67161426
Epic
>>
>>67161426
has fucking 9gag invaded?
>>
Family Guy is great.
>>
>>67161384
>>67160365

New Girl
>>
>>67161819
Is it your first day?
>>
>>67161819
Man here enjoy the show for what it is, if you wasn't so new you would know that.
>>
Scrubs
>>
This first few seasons of Senpai Guy are great. It invented the cutaway gag which was new and exciting for a little but

Then TBS played every epiaode 20 times a day and McFarlane thought he could inject some legitimate drama into a cartoon and it's been shit for a while now
>>
File: JD_daydream.jpg (9 KB, 200x212) Image search: [Google]
JD_daydream.jpg
9 KB, 200x212
>>67164175
This. JD's daydreams were great.

>Now I'll have to wait for him to snap out of it with some weird comment.
>>We'd have to find a whole lot of gnomes!
>That's helpful.
>>
>>67160365
Arrested Development
>>
>>67164314
>>67164175
fuck yes

watching him daydream from turk's viewpoint (the gnomes) was GOAT
>>
>>67160365
family guy isn't that bad if you like joke after joke sort of thing
>>
Simpsons when Homer would have his daydreams.
>>
I remember the Eminem cut away and the Tarantino gag as both being painfully unfunny.
>>
>>67167220
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOziWm_MJ9k
>>
File: gold turd.jpg (195 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gold turd.jpg
195 KB, 1280x720
>>67160952
First 5 and I don't give a heck who says otherwise.

American Dad did occasional cutaways and they were pretty good.
>>
>>67160365

There is one cutaway gag that I liked on Family Guy. It's the scene where Peter and Lois sit through a high-pressure sales pitch for a timeshare, after which they'll be awarded a free boat. They get offered a Mystery Box as well, and Peter chooses it because it might be a boat, which is what they've always wanted. It jumps to them sitting in the car with Lois pissed about the comedy tickets they just got, calling Peter irresponsible. He says something along the lines of "This doesn't come close to before. Remember that time I chose the Mystery Box", which Lois starts protesting that it just ha-

And then the cutaway starts back at the point where Lois and Peter are offered the Mystery Box.

Legitimately made me laugh.
>>
>>67167504
Peter has the best cutaways. They often involve him doing something stupidly irresponsible. Like when he makes the breakfast machine the just shoots him. Stewie by far has the worst.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.