[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT:good movies with shit endings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: NEyKnI0mXwCbBH_2_b.jpg (31 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
NEyKnI0mXwCbBH_2_b.jpg
31 KB, 600x315
ITT:good movies with shit endings
>>
>>67158874
Spam that link to your shitty little video more, please.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ey-oqKUW2Q
>>
What was so bad about it?
>>
>>67159137
unlikable, unrelatable characters. easy situations to deal with that go wrong just so there can be a big twist, even though the plot is beyond predictable anyway. The aliens sucked and the girl practically btfo of them with ease dissolving any kind of tension and cheapening any payoff their presence might have had.
>>
>>67158829
It would've been more successful if they hadn't have tried to make more money out of it by slapping 'Cloverfield' on it, how ironic.
>>
>>67159242
Emmett could have been better but the rest were good. Agree about the aliens though.
>>
File: When_A_Stranger_Calls.jpg (14 KB, 299x442) Image search: [Google]
When_A_Stranger_Calls.jpg
14 KB, 299x442
>>67158829
>>
File: CnyJ2NR.jpg (26 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
CnyJ2NR.jpg
26 KB, 435x435
>there are people who think the ending should've been a Shyamalan level tweest that everything was fine the whole time
>>
File: Youre.jpg (142 KB, 696x1031) Image search: [Google]
Youre.jpg
142 KB, 696x1031
>>
>>67159513
Aliens were fine. Weak retarded aliens that could be taken down by an untrained and essentially unarmed average woman are not fine.
>>
>>67159602
So if she does predictably that would be better? Don't ever review or write movies.
>>
>>67159762
*dies
>>
>>67159762
no it's a no win situation with a shitty script where writers wrote themselves into a corner.
>>
>>67158829
Secondhand Lions.
>>
ITT: plebs that don't know shit about film so they just say "DUH ENDING" when talking about any movie
>>
>>67159762
Running away and managing to hide would be better. The military showing up and killing it would have been better. Predictability has nothing to do with it. Realism is the issue.
>>
Sunshine
>>
>>67160098
this just in, all movies must now be documentaries or realistic down to the last detail, there is no longer room for creativity and original story telling.
>>
>>67160461
here's your (you)
>>
>>67160461
thank you
>>
>>67160461
Not that other anon, but it's not about realism but verisimilitude. Realism is irrelevant, verisimilitude is essential.
>>
>>67159137
The actors/characters and cinematography were more than decent, but they also wanted to appease the capeshit audience with a mad max ending that was out of tune with the rest of the movie (although offering a coherent character ark ending)
>>
>>67159602
What rule says aliens have to be hard to take down?
>>
>>67159242
>unlikable, unrelatable characters
I thought the beard guy (not Goodman) and MEW were likable enough. Unrelatable? They seemed like normal people.

>easy situations to deal with that go wrong just so there can be a big twist
Such as? One thing I liked a lot about the movie was that the characters never did something that you had to question. Anything problem that happened was something that could have happened in real life in that situation.

>predictable plot
Strongly disagree. Unless you make a lucky guess it's hard to predict where the movie is going.

I won't bother defending the alien stuff because I get why people don't like it.

/end shilling
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.