[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was is the scariest movie of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: Linda-Blair-in-The-Exorcist-1973.jpg (209 KB, 1851x1227) Image search: [Google]
Linda-Blair-in-The-Exorcist-1973.jpg
209 KB, 1851x1227
Was is the scariest movie of all time?
>>
>>67157571
I have never found The Exorcist even remotely spooky. This is coming from a guy who can barely watch things like Ju-on or Paranormal activity.
>>
>>67157616
Sounds like a real pleb problem ya got there.
>>
Jesus Camp
>>
>>67157571
Yes. And the best horror movie of all time. And also a top 10 movie of all time.
>>
>>67157616

>YOUR MOTHER SUCKS COCKS IN HELL

oooohhhhh
>>
i'm still terrified of the face of the young possessed linda blair.
>>
>>67157571
Insidious 3 got me real good desu. The girl's room just looked to similar to mine, and I thought the breather mask guy was behind my curtains all the time.

Annabelle has a lot of the same scare methods as the exorcist visually except more modern.
>>
>>67157775
I made the mistake of watching a bit when I was 8. It was the crucifix one. That scene haunted me for years.
>>
>>67157571
Watched it when I was 8. T-Thanks cool aunt.
I can't stand seeing her face, but captain howdy is even worse.
>>
Jaws.
>>
>>67157746
its a pile of shit. nothing scary, or even good about it. you probably think jaws is also a horror movie because you saw it on a horror movie list, like this faggot here >>67158447
>>
File: 1451750894263.gif (3 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
1451750894263.gif
3 MB, 290x189
>>67157571
I really do like the exorcist but the only thing I ever found spoopy about it was the girl's makeup and voice.
>mfw "your mother sucks cocks in hell"
>>
>>67157660
The Exorcist 3 is really fucking good if you dont watch the shit ending
>>
God's Not Dead
>>
You actually paid to watch God's Not Dead?
>>
Those old movies doesn't scare anymore
This generation is really mind fucked, only jump scare works
>>
>>67157720
this
>>
>>67158850
this really. ive grown up with such depraved shit that nothing is really spooky anymore

the only real kick i get from horror movies are those that have strong thriller/drama elements

the worst are the formulaic teenybopper ones
>>
>>67157571
Why does horror movies age so poorly, the only ones that are good are the ones that work when they aren't scary.
>>
>>67159193
What the fuck are you trying to say?
>>
>>67157571

It's a masterpiece, not so much scary, but deeply spiritual and true kino.
>>
Grifter
>>
>>67157571

Entirely subjective. Though I think the problem kids have with The Exorcist is they've already seen it retold through The Last Exorcism, Emily Rose, Possession, etc. They're just not aware of why The Exorcist was significant. They also have shit taste and when they say "it was funny, bro" it really means they were spooked.

>>67158276

It seems like the scariest she looks are in promotional shots or whatever. The makeup looks different in them.
>>
>>67157720
There should be a documentary done in the same style about Berkeley.
>>
>>67157750
>LET JESUS FUCK YOU
Holy shit Friedkin, talk about going overboard
>>
whoever said camp sleepaway is the scariest movie in last thread waste my time
>>
>>67159911
That was me

You took the bait
>>
>>67159638
Probably a lighting thing in motion you don't have as much control. But yeah I'm a huge puss, I can honestly say that the movie has mentally scarred me. Know a guy that has the exorcist poster above his toilet...I will not go over there because of it. I can see captain howdy's face when I think of the movie. It'll keep me up at night.
>>
>>67160591
how old are you bruh? i was like that...except i was 12/13.

now i can just watch the exorcist and appreciate its cinematic prowess.

but yeah that's been the only movie that actually spooked me for a good year or two, nothing else has come close since.
>>
File: vigfzdtbm3nu080m.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
vigfzdtbm3nu080m.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>67157571
I think "scariest" is pretty subjective, people have different fears that work on them. I know plenty of people that thought insidious was scary but I couldn't take it seriously because I though the demon looked like Darth Maul.

Jeepers Creepers scared the shit out of me when I was a kid, but Grave Encounters has scared me way more recently. So im going with that.
>>
File: image.jpg (749 KB, 2097x2592) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
749 KB, 2097x2592
>>
>>67160792
Grave Encounters was probably the only other good found footage horror film after The Blair Witch Project which started the trend.
>>
>>67160848
I still dont understand why there had to be a sequel.
>>
Those two moments in Signs with the aliens. You know which ones.

The Orphanage (I felt such dread through the entire movie.)
The Conjuring (which was very similar and not as good, but still frightening)
>>
>>67157750

>YOUR MOTHER SEWS SOCKS THAT SMELL
>>
>>67157616
Beetlejuice, is that you?
>>
>>67160673
I'm 30 like I said I was 8 when I watched it. It just stuck with me I guess.

;_;
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.