[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't they just send the Ring west into the Undying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_mc9fn2nsum1r3co2c.png (137 KB, 500x212) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mc9fn2nsum1r3co2c.png
137 KB, 500x212
Why didn't they just send the Ring west into the Undying Lands for Gandalf's bosses to hang on to?
>>
Because that would not kill Sauron. Orcs would've concquered Middle-earth then.
>>
>>67155718
>Because that would not kill Sauron

I think putting his ring into heaven would probably kill him
>>
>>67155874
It's not Heaven, it's just another continent. Sauron would find a way sooner or later.
>>
If the goblins from the underdark united would they stand a shot at conquering middle earth?
>>
I'll put it in terms you can understand OP. Hiding the ring instead of destroying it would be delaying the inevitable, like when you goof off and avoid preparing your middle-school presentation for the weekend before its due date.
>>
>>67156031

Wouldn't putting it in the "hands" of the gods, who are more powerful than him, effective destroy it?
>>
>>67155558
Typical neoliberal view - just push the problem away. They had a unique chance to end the evil of capitalism once and for all.
>>
>>67155939
they are very vulnerable to sunlight,thats why they live under fucking mountains in the dark like rats.
so no
>>
>>67155718
>Orcs would've concquered Middle-earth then.
Wouldn't even get past Based Glady.
>>
>>67156427
don't orcs also have a weakness to sunlight
>>
>>67156642
Yes, goblins and orcs are mostly interchangeable terms. It's the Urkus that can resist sunlight, they still hate it though.
>>
>>67156642

you're thinking of the giants
>>
>>67156199
No because it can only be destroyed in the fires of Mt Doom you fuckin idiot, it's the whole point.
>>67156618
Are you stupid?
>>67156260
/pol/ talking about LotR infuriates me to no end
>>
>>67156618
>Wouldn't even get past Based Glady.

You mean Based Glady with her blonde cuckbois?
>>
>>67156757
>Are you stupid?
Based glady rekt 3 armies of Mordor during the War of the Ring. It's clearly stated only Sauron himself can match and defeat her in Middle Earth.

Orcs ain't conquering Middle Earth as long as Gladdy is around. Stay mad, orc sympathizer.
>>
since the ring could have been destryoed not only in the fires of Mt Doom, but also by dragon fire, I assume that just a really really hot fire was needed to destroy it. Im kinda sure the gods would have found a way to create such a big fire / make a dragon/ or find another volcano to destroy the ring. legit question OP
>>
If G-d will intervene to remake the world round, why wouldn't he just destroy the ring?
>>
>>67156757
>/pol/

That post has Marxist written all over it
>>
Reminder that this shit trilogy slandered the proud Men of Gondor
>>
because lord of the rings is a literal fairy tale made for children you fucking autistic manchild
>>
Why didn't they ride the eagles to mount doom?

Why didn't the elfs take the ring with them on their journey
>>
>>67157117
Eagles were afraid of ringwarith's pet flying lizards

as for the elfs they were busy fighting in their own lands
>>
>>67157192
there were more eagles then fell beasts
>>
>>67157192

The eagles killed most of the dragons though, faggot
>>
>>67156835
She explains that Lorien would fall. That if they didn't destroy the ring then all hope was lost for middle earth. If sauron got the one ring back the three elven rings couldn't be used, if he didn't get it back they were still surrounded and would lose the war eventually by attrition.
>>
>>67157364
>ring is the undying lands
>If sauron got the one ring back

Keep up senpai.
>>
>>67157448
Did you read the rest of the sentence, dipshit?
>>
>>67157477
It's irrelevant, because they would only lose if Sauron himself went there and not by attrition, as declared by based Tolkien. And he wouldn't without the ring because he is a pussy. And in this scenario, he does not have the ring.

Simple. Keep up, you orc rapefugge enabler.
>>
>>67155558
>>67155874
>>67157448

Anyone who thinks this is an option has a fundamental misunderstanding of LOTR.
a) Under no fucking circumstances would the Elves allow the Ring to be brought to the Undying Lands. They they didn't even want to be near it in Middle Earth, because it is a corrupting, unholy chasm of evil that would taint their purity and the holiness of their ancestral paradise.

b) It wouldn't make a difference anyway. Sauron and the Ring are the same thing. His spiritual essence is bound to it. Possessing the Ring is like possessing Sauron's soul, and it influences and is influenced by its surroundings. Just because no one is wielding the Ring doesn't mean Sauron's power is nullified. If you take it to a place like the Undying Lands, he is still able to wreak havoc in Middle Earth. There is no end to its evil unless it is destroyed. Case closed.
>>
>>67157638

I don't think you know anything about LOTR
>>
>>67157638
Ah, I see. Tolkien was wrong and you're right. Thank you for the explanation.

Too bad he is dead and we can't explain to him how wrong he was and how your interpretation is correct. Dayum shame.
>>
File: 1458227384285.gif (2 MB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1458227384285.gif
2 MB, 320x320
>>67157763
>>67157638

Rekted
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.