[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone got similar movies to Me and Earl and the dying girl?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: me_and_earl_and_the_dying_girl.jpg (408 KB, 998x1500) Image search: [Google]
me_and_earl_and_the_dying_girl.jpg
408 KB, 998x1500
Just checked out this one and i kinda crave more, anyone got tips?

im a big guy
>>
my sister's keeper?
what do you mean, girl dying or relationship between yung ones
>>
>>67155213
Just the directing style in general, does'nt have to be about le high sch00l drama
>>
>>67155279
Ruby Sparks is kinda fun/drama movie
I like Lovers of the Arctic Circle but it is more artsy
>>
>>67155279
He pretty much copied Wes Anderson stylistically, so there you go
>>
Thanks for the responses guys!
>>
>>67155093
White kid's lolly is held in a limp dangling position, and he looks uncomfortable
Black kid's lolly is firm and upright, and he looks smug
Girl looks like she knows something's up
So, this is a cuck movie?
>>
File: shrughead.png (138 KB, 516x379) Image search: [Google]
shrughead.png
138 KB, 516x379
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl is one of my all time favourite films. I also liked Submarine which is another arty-coming of age thing.

It's worth checking out the films Greg and Earl watch too. These are all good too (I'd say start with Band of Outsiders).

http://www.openculture.com/2014/10/scorseses-list-of-39-essential-foreign-films.html
>>
God Help The Girl would be a good recomendation for you.
>>
perks of being a wallflower
the fault in our stars
>>
Short Term 12
>>
I keep seeing people say this movie is good but it looks like just another one of these >>67157242 type movies which I can't stand.
>>
>>67155093
I hated this movie
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0pP66O9VN0
>>
>>67157348
Maybe it's good and also the kind of movie you would not like.
>>
I was really close to turning it off 15 minutes in because it's noting but LOOK AT HOW QUIRKY WE ARE HERE'S A CLAYMATION, but it settles down after a bit and gets really good.

They shouldnt've changed the ending though, the whole point of the book was that Rachel was actually really lame and boring person, but her life was still worthy.
>>
IT HAS A NIGGER ON THE POSTER......ILL PASS.
>>
>>67157435
thanks for sharing your opinion about it without explaining why
>>
>>67157348
I haven't seen Wallflower but can definitely say it's leagues better than Fault. It's not really a young 'uns profess their love and fall into each others arms type of movie.
>>
>>67157551
I thought that both Perks and Fault were both on the same "pretty good" level and clearly superior to their source material. I fucking hate John Green's style, but was able to watch Fault all the way through, so it's already an improvement.

Both movies are also carried by their cast, Lerman, Whitman and Miller are all awesome in Perks and outweigh Watson's shittiness and inability to hold an accent for 10 second. Woodley and potatoface were great in FiOS too
>>
>>67157464
The claymation stuff just screamed QUIRKY INDIE to me but yeah it got really good. So glad they didn't fall into the typical romantic tropes like a love triangle or something. Also really liked the use of Brian Eno's music.
>>
>>67157503
too quirky in a bad, juno way
>>
The Spectacular Now is another well done high school film.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.