[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Top: $410 million Bottom: $90 million How come the CGI in Warcraft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: cgidifference.png (3 MB, 1912x1916) Image search: [Google]
cgidifference.png
3 MB, 1912x1916
Top: $410 million

Bottom: $90 million

How come the CGI in Warcraft is so superior to any other movie?
>>
too bad warcraft looks much worse when the shot isn't 100% CGI
>>
>>67153865
because they dont have stars in the film
>>
>>67153865
Budget =/= Talent
>>
>>67153865
they take real life, and then they enhance it. to the maximum possible realness
>>
>>67153865
Second trailer when?
>>
>>67153865
me on the top
>>
>>67153865
How about you give a source on those budgets bullshitter?
>>
>>67154696
Came out today
>>
>>67154616
This.

>Nero is always right.
>>
>>67153865
Because Blizzard has a ton of the best CG artists in the biz. But the way game development works, you usually have big chunks of time where you don't have as much work for the CG artists. But some of the Blizz artists are so good, you don't want to contract them out and risk losing them, you want to keep them on full time. So what to do with them?

Hence, this movie.

It's funny because Blizz games aren't the best graphically at all, since they tend to dial it back to support a wider range of PCs. But I've seen so many stunning graphics demos over the years from Blizzard CG artists its clear they had more energy than Blizzard was putting to work.
>>
>>67153865
Bottom uses TV actors from shows like Vikings and pours all their money into the effects. Top hired Oscar winners to act in and write the movie, paid probably way too much to Hack Snyder too to get him to come back for a second movie, and didn't give the effects department shit.
>>
>>67154801
Blizzard's CG artists aren't working on this movie, you dumb fuck. It's ILM. Your post is fucking embarrassing
>>
>>67154821
And STILL Warcraft got better actors

>Affleck
>Cavill
>Who is playing Wonder Woman again?
lmao
>>
the bottom is a real orc idiot
>>
>>67155627
this
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.