[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
good film podcasts? >if it discusses capeshit automatically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: img2.thejournal.jpg (17 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
img2.thejournal.jpg
17 KB, 400x250
good film podcasts?
>if it discusses capeshit automatically disqualified

Marc Maron's episodes with directors are usually fantastic. Guy knows his stuff.

Some of my favorites:
>William Friedkin
>Paul Thomas Anderson
>Danny Boyle
>Peter Bogdonavich
>Harmony Korine
>Vince Gilligan
>Joe Swanberg
>Richard Linklater
>>
>>67153312
>Guy knows his stuff.

He really doesn't but he gets good directors and he's usually smart enough to let them talk without trying too hard to show off his intro to film knowledge.
>>
>>67153312
no love for mel brooks?
>>
Thanks for the tip, fag

I'd listen to Bogdonavich, Friedkin, Linklater, and PTA

The other guys...who gives a fuck...especially Korine

That guy's a talentless hack
>>
>>67153312
his PTA one is fucking terrible. He just says the title of each of his movies and asks "so what was that one about?" and PTA gives some half-hearted bullshit answer.

His Harmony Korine one is better. Haven't been bothered to sit through his 2 hour Friedkin one, any good nuggets?
>>
Fighting in the War Room talks about GoT and capeshit sometimes, but it's good
>>
Not a podcast but "On Cinema At the Cinema" series is great. Those guys really know their stuff
>>
By no means would I call it good, but I just happened to start a podcast.

I hate capeshit, and the other dude likes it. https://soundcloud.com/everything-but-qualified/315-trailer-trendsman-of-steel
>>
File: NWO_Chelsea.jpg (353 KB, 796x1081) Image search: [Google]
NWO_Chelsea.jpg
353 KB, 796x1081
Film podcasts:

Kermode Mayo
How Did This Get Made?
F This Movie
Doug Loves Movies
Film Fandango
The Empire Podcast
BBC Radio The Film Program
>>
File: Michel Fiffe Travis Bickle.jpg (744 KB, 648x633) Image search: [Google]
Michel Fiffe Travis Bickle.jpg
744 KB, 648x633
Travis Bickle on the Riviera is the only movie podcast in the world.
>>
>>67154739

yea but that story he told about the prank pulled by his dad and Tim Conway was hilarious. Genius.
>>
>>67153355
>>67154739

i think the reason they're good is more for the little moments than the meat and potatoes of the interviews

Marc doesn't try and talk the talk but his taste in films is 10/10 and he knows all the right questions to ask. I agree he fanboy'd too hard in the PTA one with movie-specific questions, but what he really is good at is getting directors to talk about interesting aspects of their process.
>>
Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast, 2bh famiglia
>>
Bret Easton Ellis podcast when he is fucking on. Damn that queen.
>>
>>67157916
the first 20 min of his episode with Tarantino is 10/10 cultural criticism and a must listen for anyone on here
>>
>>67157842

Maron has the taste and film knowledge of your average /tv/ user (which is very little but with a large degree of unearned pretentiousness). It's fine when he talks to the filmmakers as people but when he actually tries to discuss films analytically and goes full I KNOW ALL LE CLASSICS with a guy like Bill Friedkin who has lived half his life behind a camera it's fucking embarrassing.

Maron does the same shit in every interview. He talks to filmmakers like he's a filmmaker, musicians like he's a musician, artists like he's an artist, and 24 year olds like he's 24, etc. It's great a lot of the time but when he tries to "relate" to any artist outside of comedy as if he's on their level it's awful.
>>
>>67157892
This. Gilbert is a patrician.
>its a Gilbert is literally autistic with taglines and theme songs episode
>its a Gilbert sings episode
>its a Frank is a good cohost episode
>its a Collossal Obsessions episode
>>
>>67153312
Friedkin's was great

edgar wright
mike white
mel brooks / carl reiner is a must listen
todd solondz
>>
>>67158033
marathoned the first 5 mins boring asfuck
>>
>>67160065
>marathoned
>5 minutes

yikes
>>
It's been dead for years, but All Movie Talk is a great serious podcast. They talked mostly about classic movies so it's not exactly out of date. Put me on to a lot of great stuff
>>
>>67155256
This, the episode on the cannibal cycle of films is GOAT. I want more episodes with jog.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.