[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has Hollywood gone too far?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 960.jpg (75 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
75 KB, 960x540
>>
according to both SJWs and their /pol/ counterparts, they're always going too far in one way or another. Whiners will whine.
>>
File: fucking losers.jpg (14 KB, 424x416) Image search: [Google]
fucking losers.jpg
14 KB, 424x416
>>67151167
>he just sits back and lets the assfucking happen
>>
The dark tower is incredibly lame and Stephen King is one of the worst professional writers of this time
>>
>>67151279
so are you
>>
>All of the racial tension between white cowboyish Roland and black Susannah are gone
>So it's Mordred's blue eyed gaze inherited from his father
I just wanna get off this ride
>>
>>67151167
Christ, this.
>>
>>67151279
Agreed.

It's the most ridiculously convoluted story he's ever written.
>>
>>67151379
>King refers to DT as his Magnum Opus
>>
>>67151379
Agreed. The first two books are okay, maybe even the 3rd, but then it really takes a shit in its own hat and becomes unreadable in any sense. I pity the people that actually soldiered through the whole thing.
>>
idris elba has mass appeal. that character is a literal who. if you're going to make a movie about a literal who character/franchise the least you can do is get a star to play him.
>>
>>67151379
so are you
>>
>"Roland, could you tell us more about Gilead and their customs, specially the line of Eld"
>"WE WUZ KAINGZ N SHIET"
>>
>>67151379
You're the most ridiculously convoluted story your parents have ever written.
>>
File: JavierBardem3.jpg (17 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
JavierBardem3.jpg
17 KB, 460x276
>>67151434
A shitload of white actors have mass appeal too, why not make something coherent and cast someone who looks like the guy
>Pic related was the original choice for the role
>>
I don't like it, but least I know that Idris can act. What I'm truly worried about is that it's starting from the middle of the series, added a new lead named "Tirana" that had fuck-all to do with the books, and has less than a year to film and do post work before being released in February.
>>
>>67151577
>I don't like it, but least I know that Idris can act.
not really. He has about as much range as Daniel Craig.
>>
>>67151296

I suppose they could have Detta call him an Uncle Tom, could still work if they do that.
>>
>>67151577
This. It fucks up a lot of the story, but I like Idris as an actor.
>>
>>67151577
The movie is going to be shit, that's for sure, I just wanna know why must this keep happening and when is it going to stop
>>
Although I got to admit that McConaughey was a good choice for Walter
>>
>>67151874
I'm cool with this as long as they bring him over to The Stand, where he could really shine.
>>
>>67152037
It seems like they are
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.