[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will the bubble burst?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: Capeshit.png (832 KB, 1776x898) Image search: [Google]
Capeshit.png
832 KB, 1776x898
When will the bubble burst?
>>
wait what? we have to wait so long for Avengers 3?
>>
Guardians of the Galaxy was the 2014 bet, Ant-Man was the 2015, so I guess we need to say Dr. Strange now
>>
Riiiight abooout now
>>
>>67151013
Dr Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel seem like the weakest links.

I doubt inhumans will happen.
>>
>>67151013
>Iron 2 Man

Huh, must have missed that one
>>
>>67151013

I was thinking about shorting the whole thing. Thoughts?
>>
File: GREEK_mythology_Art_Gallery.jpg (352 KB, 1368x540) Image search: [Google]
GREEK_mythology_Art_Gallery.jpg
352 KB, 1368x540
Never. This shits been going on forever. Even the ancients had capeshit.
>>
>>67151165
>Dr Strange
>Cumberbatch
It will make bank

>Black Panther
>Diversity
It will make bank

>Captain Marve
>Women
It will make bank
>>
File: image.jpg (276 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
276 KB, 920x920
>>67151013
Any time now, I swear any moment, for sure...
>>
>>67151165
I kinda want to see all of those simply because I could never imagine any of them getting a movie before now so I'm interested in how they do it. Of course it will probably just be the same as the other, more forgettable Marvel movies, like Thor 2 or Hulk. I do hope Inhumans fails hard just to see all the marketing they've done in the comics blow up in their face.
>>
>>67151271
Ryan Coogler is directing Black Panther so there's hope in it not being forgettable.
>>
>>67151310

Liberals will praise the children's movie for having a black superhero, SJWs will flock to the cinema to support it.
>>
>>67151089
get rekt you capeshit

your awful taste in movies is ruining the film industry and this board

repress geek culture, it's turning everyone into faggots
>>
>>67151347

Why did liberals and SJW even decide to latch onto comics, was it just because being a geek was the cool thing to do due to MCU and TBBT helping those awful types express themselves?
>>
>>67151013
How can you make so many movies without one being memorable?
>>
Probably sometime in the early 20's
>>
>>67151470
>Why did liberals and SJW even decide to latch onto comics?

The vast majority of SJWs are naive idealists, easily swayed by how the world "should be" instead of understanding how the world "really is."

They are Manchildren who live in their mother's converted Garage and have very little actual experience with the real world.

E.G. 90% of SJWs championing race relations are all suburban whites, who have never met or even lived around real Niggers in their lives.
>>
>>67151184
This. "Capeshit" is part of the human legacy. Just as religion and fried chicken.
>>
File: 1456443758862.png (508 KB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
1456443758862.png
508 KB, 576x324
>>67151013
>Infinity War ends
>"Looks like we saved the day, boys. In THIS universe at least!"
>Smash cut to "alternate" universe, where all the Avengers are played by new younger actors
>"AVENGERS, EARTH 2 COMING MAY 2022"
>yfw capeshit never ends it just restarts itself over and over and over again
>>
>>67151738

I'm surprised they aren't doing an Avengers: Initiative which would be YA style shit featuring teenagers to grab that sweet YA dystopian money.
>>
I honestly thought Antman was going to be "it"

I figured it'd bomb, the executives would all say "okay, nobody cares about Antman, we've used up all the recognizable heroes, this thing has run it's course" and that would be it

Shows what I know, I guess
>>
>>67151772
Guarantee there will be an ABC show about this after Infinity War. Disney spent billions to acquire Marvel, they're not just going to let that fade away, same with Star Wars. There will be Marvel and Star Wars movies for the rest of the century.
>>
>>67151630
>E.G. 90% of SJWs championing race relations are all suburban whites, who have never met or even lived around real Niggers in their lives.

This. When I lived in Palo Alto, I was on the schools "diversity club". Hell, I volunteered every thanksgiving to feed the needy of East Palo Alto.

Then I moved to East Atlanta for work, and I can say that after living with and working with blacks for years, I have completely changed my view on them.

Blacks are truly some of the most disgustingly bigoted, misogynistic, and racist people I have ever met.
>>
Never. You see, while every movie has superheroes, they (for the most part) fall into different genres, and therefore don't get stale. Well, at least, for Marvel, maybe not DC.
>>
File: 2_179.jpg (15 KB, 250x328) Image search: [Google]
2_179.jpg
15 KB, 250x328
>>67151738
>yfw horror never end it just restards itself over and over and over again
>yfw indie coming of age movies never end it just restards itself over and over and over again
>yfw science fiction never end it just restards itself over and over and over again
>yfw spy movies never end it just restards itself over and over and over again
>yfw warmovies never end it just restards itself over and over and over again
>yfw epic fantasy never end it just restards itself over and over and over again
>yfw soaps never end it just restards itself over and over and over again
>yfw westerns never end it just restards itself over and over and over again
>yfw when fiction never ends it just restarts itself over and over and over again

omg you guys, we're fucked
>>
>>67151013

when DC floods the market with their mediocre films and forces the general audience to detest capeflicks.
>>
>>67151013
People will be suck of the shitty movies made by Marvel then turn to the quality cape film made by DC.
It'll be the golden age of capéshít.
>>
>>67151772
Of course they're going to rip off DC every chance they get.
>>
>>67151233
>diversity movies make bank
Examples?

>Women make bank
Maybe if shes hot. Im betting ghostbusters is gonna flop
>>
File: robert-downey-junior.jpg (50 KB, 321x600) Image search: [Google]
robert-downey-junior.jpg
50 KB, 321x600
>>67151013
D R O P P E D
>>
>>67152424
The thing with Black Panther is that he's basically Prep time Batman so I can see him being acknowledged by the mainstream audience. However, for it to work the movie needs to be good first.

So far Marvel are being smart by introducing Black Panther in Civil War.
>>
>>67152681

Will casuals even like Black Panther? To me he always was just a superhero who was just there, I don't even think he had any fans even if they did they were more than likely a small minority.
>>
>>67152774
Naw he's one of Marvels popular Superhero in the comics. Hell Iron Man wasn't even considered a popular Superhero till he hit the big screen. Plus from early screening people have said Black Panther was phenomenal. Chadwick Boseman is a talented actor.

He has the I don't give a fuck about your bullshit attitude that normies love.
>>
You guys think capeshit is bad now? Look at the shit they used to make before computers existed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Spider-Man_(TV_series)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Strange_(film)
>>
If Antman didn't bomb I'll be really fucking surprised to see anything else from Marvel to bomb.
>>
The marvelkikes ruined capeshit with their soulless cash grabbing movies.
>>
>>67153032
>capeshit
>anything else but soulless cash grabbing
Have you been reading comics? The movies didn't make anything worse what wasn't already complete arse.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.