[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you tip your projectionist after the film is over?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8
File: 4L_GJ3f5ItC.jpg (70 KB, 960x543) Image search: [Google]
4L_GJ3f5ItC.jpg
70 KB, 960x543
Do you tip your projectionist after the film is over?
>>
Yes and I thank him for the show.
>>
Yeah I normally throw him a few crabs legs.
>>
>>67150013
Me and my wife's sons usually give him a round of applause and our leftover crab legs.
>>
no but i give the penis inspector my tip lmao
>>
>>67150013
I send him a small monetary tip via my falcon.
>>
My wife's kids like to tip him
My ex wife's kid never like to tip him
>>
I give him my backup anvil LOL
>>
>>67150013
I have my falcon carry the tip up tp him in his talons.
>>
I always give our janitor a tip because he ensures the showers are always well stocked with the finest toiletries
>>
>>67150013
I tip my drink and popcorn over so the contents spill out
>>
My wife likes to tip him with a quickie.
>>
File: rok5mOG[1].jpg (392 KB, 1552x2592) Image search: [Google]
rok5mOG[1].jpg
392 KB, 1552x2592
I always left him a complimentary weave
>>
Do people seriously do this? Cause I've never heard of it.
>>
>>67150278
Is he black?
>>
>>67150335
Only in civilized countries.
>>
>>67150413
In civilized countries they pay below minimum wage?
>>
Only when my spouse's child is present. I like to be a good husband and show her I have good manners, afterwards I usually let her go off on her own. She's always hanging out with that Tyrell fella too, but I don't mind.
>>
I tip my fedora at him but only if the movie is good
>>
>>67150588
Do your wife's kids wear fedoras too?
>>
>>67150013
no i usually just leave a 20 in the cupholder with a little note, commending him on his great work
>>
>>67150225
Are you supposed to tip the guy who cleans the cum blockages from the shower drain separately or is that included when you tip the janitor?
>>
Every time a film ends, the designated shooter always seems to raid the projection room and take the projectionist hostage, so I'm never able to give him a tip. Of course, I do tip the designated shooter though, I just slide the money under the door.
>>
>>67150335
Never heard of this either. Is it a real thing? Haven't even ever seen the "projectionist". Kinda just assumed that nowadays someone just presses play somewhere and goes to do other shit until the movie ends.
>>
>>67150802
>Kinda just assumed that nowadays someone just presses play
People think the same thing about DJing. Few recognize it as the serious skill it is.
>>
I was just thinking.

You wonder how nerve-racking it must have been to be a greek playwright? Like, only a few thousand people lived in those cities. Cities back then are smaller than some high school graduating classes. If you put on some shitty performance EVERY YOU HAVE EVER KNOWN IN THE WORLD knows you bombed & suck.
>>
>>67150636
I wouldn't know, I go to an up-market cinéma so I've never been aware of any cum blockages, never mind anyone who cleans them out

Keep in mind this is a place where you are presented with lobster tail and a complimentary bottle of champagne as well as the usual crab legs, when you enter the theatre.
>>
>>67151062
I can't stand those "high class" shitholes, the last one I went too didn't even allow me to bring in my anvil, let alone try to give it away. Apparently blacksmithing is too "11th century" for them. I'll never be rid of this goddamn anvil.
>>
>>67151118
>Apparently blacksmithing is too "11th century" for them

Smithing was a profession well into the 19th century you uneducated clown. Your post is 0/10. didn't even smile.
>>
File: image_30.jpg (68 KB, 1024x577) Image search: [Google]
image_30.jpg
68 KB, 1024x577
I was a protectionist for 5 years and you kind folk helped me pay my way through college. We always appreciated the tips.

Sad to think there are no more protectionists ;_;
>>
>>67151195
But who protects the protectionist?
>>
File: laughing cunts.jpg (104 KB, 733x400) Image search: [Google]
laughing cunts.jpg
104 KB, 733x400
>>67150850

> uses a laptop and not vinyl
> thinks its a DJ
>>
I can follow most of this shit but when did anvils make it into these threads?
>>
No, I assume the tips that I give to ticket-taker and concession stands get distributed amongst the staff, if not, not my problem, i'm already out like $5 in tips, on top of $50ish for the tickets, food, etc.
>>
>>67150682
Nobody fucking does any of this, it's a meme thread. If anyone at all does this, it's the mega autistic fucks that refer to movies as "cinema".
>>
how do you guys even have any money to tip anyone? mine always gets stolen by the theater jocks when i'm in the shower
>>
>>67151238
Right around the new year, someone started one of these threads with

>go to the theater
>offer a man to take my anvil
>"No thank you, I already have enough anvils as it is
When will I be rid of this anvil?

or something to that effect.
>>
>>67150850
Any insight on that? What projectionist do exactly in your average theater? I've heard that at least some movies come as HDDs to the theater. Do you need to fiddle with the sound/video settings for each movie or something?
>>
>>67151299
The key is to swallow a roll of about 5 $20 bills. When it's time to tip, you vomit the bills out by sticking your fingers down your throat.

OR you could sneak some coins up your nose.
>>
I only tip when the cinema provides showers and penis inspections.
>>
>>67151231
this. If you never hauled your weight in records, you are not a DJ
>>
>>67150335
No it's just /r9k/ rejects that couldn't handle robot being turned back on roleplaying
>>
>>67150013
First I turn and clap at him
>>
File: ay_108457411.jpg (156 KB, 618x434) Image search: [Google]
ay_108457411.jpg
156 KB, 618x434
anyone think cinema prices are getting a little out of hand
>go to the theater with mom for an evening showing (it's our date night)
>2 tickets please
>that will be $50 please
>hand over the money
>prints the ticket and says "enjoy your show!"
>waits expectantly for a tip
>give him a few bucks
>ticket ripper tells us where to go
>waits to give us our stubs back until I tip him
>get crab legs and popcorn
>have to tip the cashier there
>finally make it to the movie
>get to our reserved seats
>forgot to take a shower
>go with mom to the showers
>come back
>watch film
>when it's over, tip the projectionist
>leaving the theater
>have to tip the guy holding the door open
>go home and mom tucks me in and thanks me for the date
good thing I'm a math major, 300k starting
>>
File: roofing.jpg (46 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
roofing.jpg
46 KB, 599x600
I don't have anything to contribute, I just wanted to post this funny image macro.
>>
>>67151221
No one. I had to kick many people out and these fucking rednecks would always nigg out. I only ever got in one fight and that was after a midnight showing of 30 days of night where some drunk cunt passed out and I didn't realize he was in there until I was locking up at 3 am.

He passed back out a few times after I woke him up, but because I didn't want him to get a public intoxication I was persistent. He ended up fighting me and he must've still been drunk because he fell down like 12 times, he ended up getting butthurt and throwing his drink at me before going out the emergency exit.

Could've gone way bad with no one around.
>>
>>67150850
elaborate. Its not like you have to change the movie every 2 minutes, or mix movies, or do soundmasterimng more than once
>>
>>67150850
Projection used to be a respectable skill, but now it's as simple as pressing play on a computer and adjusting the sound levels, MAYBE the focus. I miss 35mm projection so much, I want it back.
>>
If I have experience as a focus puller, can I get a job as a projectionist?
>>
>>67151452
I will approve this time, but try to contribute next time.
>>
>>67151410
>didn't tip the mom after successful customary date night
wew lad
>>
I actually tip the people sitting next to me if they are quiet and courteous throughout the movie.
>>
>>67151729
great idea.

maybe i'll give my wife's son a few bucks next time to hand out as a preemptive tip for the nearby patrons.
>>
>>67151729
This. It's the only way to show that you enjoyed the film.
>>
File: 1429824385312.jpg (2 MB, 1750x2560) Image search: [Google]
1429824385312.jpg
2 MB, 1750x2560
>>67150013
Does anyone have the one with a bluray ui on the screen? I took that photo and posted it here around a year ago.
>>
>>67151729
>not taking in a little present
>nothing too fancy, just a gift card or a cheap kitchen gadget or something
>(wrapped up nicely or in an envelope of course)
>movie ends, chat to the people next to you
>"Hi, thank you guys for being quiet and polite during the film. This is for you."

A good strategy is to take in three presents: a serious one (bath stuff or a bottle opener or something), a joke one (a fart machine or a funny badge), and a boring one (gift voucher or even just cash).

This way you can give one to the people either side of you. The serious ones usually work well for couples, the joke ones are good for younger people. The boring one is a backup.
>>
>>67151850
Don't forget to give her bucks some bucks too.
>>
>>67150314
I worked as an Usher (glorified cleaner) and popcorn guy at a theater the summer after my senior year of high school.

A wig like that isn't even the weirdest thing I would see.
>>
>movie theater projectionist is a computer program
>had to tip it in bitcoin
>>
>>67152237
Stories please.
>>
File: MTE1ODA0OTcxNDc4MTg5NTgx.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE1ODA0OTcxNDc4MTg5NTgx.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
Of course I tip. If you don't the theater ushers trip you on your way out.
>>
>>67150487
the only reason why you eurocucks get paid "more" than in the US is because you get taxed 3 times as much to buy homes for refugees so it all evens out in the end imo
>>
the projectionist at my local cinema is also in charge of the butter and crab leg dispensers, as well as the anvil cleaning area. he's a hard working man, I feel bad not to give him a tip.
>>
>>67153044
He probably spits in your butter for all the time of not tipping him.
>>
yeah I tip
tip my fedora at him
>>
>>67152934

>wretched, impoverished, Ameripoors tell themselves this as they fork over billions in taxes to fund the military-industrial prison complex and handout for kike capitalists.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.