[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how often do watch movies that you've already seen? I find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: descarga (3).jpg (50 KB, 600x422) Image search: [Google]
descarga (3).jpg
50 KB, 600x422
how often do watch movies that you've already seen? I find that when choosing a movie to watch, I don't want to pass up the opportunity to see something new versus something I've seen even if it's spectacular.

What do you think?
>>
>>67144393
typically I try to watch new stuff, but sometimes I am just in the mood for a certain film so I watch that
>>
nice stance
>>
I hate repeating stuff. I usually only rewatch things to make company to friends and/or family.
>>
>>67144393
I watch new movies much more than ones I've already seen, but if I'm ever in the mood for a movie I know I love or want to show it to friends who haven't seen it, then I'm not afraid of a repeat viewing. I'd say 7/10 I watch a new movie, simply because my watchlist is so massive. If I want any chance of working through it and seeing all these revered movies, then I can't spend the rare free time I do have on moves I've seen.
>>
File: cia and his hired guns.jpg (156 KB, 1254x788) Image search: [Google]
cia and his hired guns.jpg
156 KB, 1254x788
>Denis Villeneuve, I'm Detective.
>>
Yea i often think the same, but have been revisiting movies i've already seen a lot more these days. It's nice. As your cinematic IQ, or life experience grows, films you've seen just years ago are seen anew.
>>
>>67144393
Rarely, and usually years apart. That being sad, Unforgiven and Alien 3 I watch every time they're on TV. Must have been 6-7 times for each.
>>
As you develop your cinematic training it is good to watch something again, so you can see it with new eyes.
>>
>>67144393
Depends on my need for comfy, I'll often put on something I've already seen if I'm tired and just want to relax. If I have more energy and and feeling it I'll watch something I haven't seen.

It's a mood thing.
>>
>>67144393

I'm a hardcore buyfag with a ton of Blu Rays. I rewatch shit constantly.

The last Blu Ray I bought was Spectre and it does improve on the second viewing just like QoS but the last act in London still feels a bit superfluous.
>>
I watched Hoosiers again recently. Man, that movie is great. I never appreciated how anachronistic the 80s soundtrack feels behind a Midwestern 50s setting but it feels so right.

I love you guys
>>
better question is what movies can you watch repeatedly. For me it's Stop Making Sense because it's more like and album and David Fincher movies for the atmosphere and the feeling that they probably acted out the scene 50 more times than I have seen it.
>>
>>67144644
I've watched The Social Network more than any movie. Either that or The Greatest Game Ever Played.
>>
>>67144644
Constantine
The Matrix
Rudy
Top Gun
Die Hard
Terminator 2
Spiderman 2
Forrest Gump
Dog Day Afternoon
Heat

The list goes on.
>>
>>67144762
bro, these movies are utter trash
>>
I watch Dredd once a month
>>
I will never know how many times I have seen Dune, Aliens and the Matrix movies. Blade 2 and the Predator movies as well.
>>
>>67144815
>Dog Day Afternoon is utter trash

Get taste, then call me.
>>
Depends. Do that rarely and usually years apart when I'm in a mood for something that I know is good.

Before Sunrise and Sunset are the only exceptions, those I watch pretty much every year.
>>
Just saw Dubsman the movie this week, been almost two years since the first time a saw it. First time was kind of meh, know I fucking loved it. It's good to rewatch things sometimes.
>>
I think Top Gun and Rudy just spoiled the list for me. You're right, the rest of those movies are both good and comfy. 'specially Spider-Man 2
>>
>>67144854
>>67144926
my bad
>>
>>67144815
bro, people rewatch movies for enjoyment or nostalgia, not to pad out their resume.
>>
>>67144926
You got a fucking problem with Top Gun?
>>
>>67144982
Top Gun fucking blows
>>
>>67144895
the first time I watched that, I didn't like it either.
>>
>>67145082
The data on your post is inaccurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUZxSf_P2r0
>>
File: 1455509247700.jpg (83 KB, 720x757) Image search: [Google]
1455509247700.jpg
83 KB, 720x757
I'm a rewatcher extraordinaire assuming I like the movie. Not sure if it's because I appreciate stuff or because I find comfort in familiarity.
>>
>>67145121
you fall for this ham?
>>
>>6714439
if i am wanting to show it to someone who hasnt seen it, i watch too.
>>
>>67144393
the best movies get better with multiple watches, so its good to watch them again and again, but usually its good to pick a new movie and expand your mind
>>
>>67144980

This
>>
>>67144459
underrated post
>>
>>67144393
whenever the mood hits for a certain kind of film...no more than a few times a year though
>>
Never unless I don't remember any of it.
>>
Depends on the kind of movie. Like, normally Im fine about once a year for most movies, but some (usually action or comedy) movies I can watch over and over.

I remember back when Superbad came out on DVD, my parents watched it I swear to god every day for like a week and a half. I like that movie but it drove me crazy
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.