[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
jesus christ, ii hate sea world and people who hold big animals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 8
File: BLACKFISH_Film_Poster.jpg (41 KB, 259x383) Image search: [Google]
BLACKFISH_Film_Poster.jpg
41 KB, 259x383
jesus christ, ii hate sea world and people who hold big animals like whales in captivity
>>
Why don't you do something about it instead of being a little bitch online?
>>
>>67144209
>black fish
>killer whale is a mammal
Dumbasses
>>
>WTF i hate seaworld now!
>>
>>67144269
>Black Aquatic Mammal
Doesn't really have the same staying-power
>>
>who hold big animals like whales in captivity

You should hate your dad then :^)
>>
>>67144269
>killer whale
>orca is in the oceanic dolphin family

Let's just agree that common English names don't make sense anyway.
>>
DUDE ONE SIDED DOCUMENTARY LOL

Documentaries on the whole are fucking terrible

I've seen maybe 4 that portrayed their subject matter fairly
>>
File: 1413179986145.webm (342 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1413179986145.webm
342 KB, 480x480
>>67145264

you're retarded
>>
>>67145298
Documentaries are garbage because the people that seek to make them are garbage

It's the truth faggot
>>
>>67144209

i hope the japanese fucking kill and rape every last whale on the planet with their little tiny samurai dicks

fucking faggot whales piece of shit
>>
>>67144247

I alredy did it
>http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/seaworld-end-breeding-program-orca-whales-n540646

:^)
>>
>>67145329

i think you have trouble understanding basic concepts
>>
>>67145484
Like what?
>>
>>67145329
what a fucking moron
>>
>>67145532
Documentaries, especially politically charged and historical ones are usually garbage

Nature docs even usually fuck up with their narration ascribing human qualities to animals

The only docs generally devoid of problems feature nonliving things
>>
I love it when retarded SJWs go full circle and destroy their own creations.

Fun Fact: The killer whale program was originally started to save injured whales and teach ignorant 'Mericans all about the animals and how to protect them.

Fast Forward to 2016: confused liberals kill their own animal awareness programs and any future children's awareness of the destruction of the killer whale habitats.

Just goes to show, SJWs have no real agenda. They just stir up shit for the sake of it and then move on when they've destroyed something.
>>
>>67144209

It's propaganda and full of literal lies; people who had never worked with the orcas posing as trainers, etc. Just unfettered fucking garbage that so many SJWs ate up.
>>
>>67144209
>>67145645
>>67145643

Amazing how one propaganda piece got so much acclaim.

https://seaworldcares.com/the-facts/truth-about-blackfish/
>>
>>67145643
Don't forget their nonstop protesting of nuclear power in the 70s and 80s which could have made a huge impact on the climate change that they rail about today.
>>
I used to think sea world employees unironically shilled blackfish threads but clearly there are just a number of people that are pathologically contrarian for no reason other than to argue with/try and impress people on the internet.
>>
>waah poor animals

Who gives a shit about animals, they don't have a conscience or an understanding of misery. Human beings are treated much worse in places but animal lover psychopaths don't give a fuck
>>
>>67145643
>I love it when retarded SJWs go full circle and destroy their own creations.

> 1980's

This is great! We can save injured whales and bring public awareness on the destruction of the ocean!

> 2016

OMG! those poor whales look soooooo sad :`(.

We should like, let them go free and stuff*.

* no captive or saved killer whale has ever survived being released into the wild
>>
>>67145732
that called dehumanizing. they literally see animals as being more important than humans.
>>
I got to see the whales in person a few times, now that their show has been banned I'm even more glad I did
>>
It's just a fucking fish. Holy christ. How many fish did you eaten in your life?
>>
>>67145697
>anti nuclear power
>liberal
Both sides of the political spectrum were easily duped by oil and gas companies. It's enough to make you think Chernobyl was an inside job
>>
>>67145732

I'd save a drowning dog over 20 drowning niggers.
>>
>>67145264
How can you represent the captivity of animals like Orcas in a good way?
>>
>>67145796
To be fair, the dog knows how to swim
>>
>>67145804
>captivity of animals like Orcas in

Because they're not "Captives" you fucking idiot.

They're all injured or domesticated killer whales who will all FUCKING DIE if you let them out into the ocean.

Fucking ignorant liberals.
>>
>>67145727

The people who watched Blackfish and spew everything in it as true are the contrarians, swayed by "scientists" who were actually well-known anti-SeaWorld activists and who had no actual experience with the whales, alongside the SeaWorld "employees" who either had next to no experience with the whales OR haven't even worked for SeaWorld in over 20 years.

Blackfish was based entirely on lies and manipulation; it was propaganda, and it's not contrarian to point out that fact.
>>
>>67145804
You can start by using a different premise faggot

That it isn't inherently bad

Or that the education is worth it

Or that the whales are domesticated and treated as well as they can be in captivity

The fact you think the documentary was unbiased just goes to show the retarded audience this garbage is catering to
>>
>>67145924

The education part is what worries me. You feel different after seeing these awesome animals in person, you feel more upset by instances of their abuse or the destruction of their habitat.

And by abdicating that responsibility, SeaWorld is bowing to demands that will create a new generation of apathetic individuals who think of these magnificent creatures as just an idea, some abstract concept that society tells you "you should care about them" instead of feeling inspired to care for them on your own.

I fear that the next target will be the dolphins; and then what, all zoos will be in the crosshairs? No animals in captivity anywhere in the world? Where does it end?
>>
>>67145853
True.

If you're old enough you'd remember when they actually freed Willy the orca. He was a mess, completely inept. They let him go and he ended up dying in the ocean
>>
>>67144209
people who have kneejerk reactions to documentaries are dreadful.
>>
>>67145350
Ahab pls.
>>
>>67145860
>SeaWorld shills damage controlling on 4chan

holy shit
>>
>>67146184

No, I'm just not some retard who takes everything presented to me in documentary format as the unassailable truth.

A half hour of rudimentary research (Google) reveals Blackfish for the one-sided propaganda piece it really is.

It pisses me off to no end that SJWs can't figure this out for themselves, like most things they rail against.
>>
>>67146184

>liberal screaming shill when someone challenges them

holy shit
>>
>>67146066

This is why liberals are fucking braindead:

"KILLING KEIKO: THE TRUE STORY OF FREE WILLY’S RETURN TO THE WILD

How animal rights activists doomed ‘Free Willy’"

fun read how fucking lying SJWs killed Keiko the whale just for their Photo Ops.
>>
>>67145643
Are you implying people must remain committed to a seemigly good idea, even 4 decades later, when it doesn't in fact pan out?

Or are you jousting meming.
>>
>>67145732
Don't not slice your wrists with all that edge.
>>
>>67146383
>when it doesn't in fact pan out

I like it when braindead faggots make up Bullshit to support their arguments.

You know what doesn't "pan out?"

When you release all your pretty fishies into the ocean and they FUCKING DIE.

retard
>>
The contrarion nature of this board never ceases to amaze.
>>
>>67146252
>>67146326
>samefagging with a total tone change after he realizes he much he did sound like a shill

Control your autism, I wasn't even disagreeing with you.
>>
>>67146352
>How animal rights activists killed ‘Free Willy’"

>>67146383
>Are you implying people must remain committed to a seemigly good idea, even 4 decades later, when it doesn't in fact pan out?

Really? This is your idea of a "seemingly good idea?"

Did killing keiko the whale 'pan out' for you?
>>
>>67146485
Who is advocating letting them go? How horribly socialized they are given their lives in captivity is readily apparent.

Stop breeding them and let all of the stock in captivity die out.
>>
>>67146252
So you believe that one trainer was indeed killed by an accident of her own doing and not because the whale dragged her down and killed her itself? Despite eyewitness accounts before the documentary was ever made saying the trainer did everything perfectly fine. That's really all that matters.
>>
>>67146577

That's a lovely ideal.

Lets take all the revenue made from 'blackfish' and put it to supporting killer whale retirement homes.

No? Keeping all your movie profits for yourself?

How about you SJW faggots all donate $20 each to support dem fishes.

No?

Didn't think so.

Just like all SJW tantrums. Faggots only know how to complain, and no real ideas on how to get anything done.
>>
>>67146545
No, obviously I think taking them into captivity was stupid to begin with, but someone thought it was a good idea.
>>
File: 1458140792398.png (318 KB, 667x606) Image search: [Google]
1458140792398.png
318 KB, 667x606
Kill yourself reddit
>>
>>67146066
>>67146352
Letting Keiko go isn't what killed him.

Yes, he was unable to socialize with other orcas, and setting them free generally isn't the solution, but them "liberals" in Blackfish never say it is. It's about the quality and conditions of their lives in the park.
>>
File: watchmen.jpg (33 KB, 500x665) Image search: [Google]
watchmen.jpg
33 KB, 500x665
>First death
>On February 20, 1991, Keltie Byrne, a 21-year-old marine biology student and competitive swimmer, slipped into the pool containing Tilikum, Haida II and Nootka IV while working as a part-time Sealand trainer. The three orcas submerged her, dragging her around the pool and preventing her from surfacing.[7] At one point she reached the side and tried to climb out but, as horrified visitors watched from the sidelines, the orcas pulled her screaming back into the pool. Other trainers responded to her screams, throwing her a life-ring, but the orcas kept her away from it. She surfaced three times screaming before drowning, and it was several hours before her body could be recovered from the pool.

>Second death
>On July 7, 1999, a 27-year-old man named Daniel P. Dukes was found dead over Tilikum's back.[15] Dukes had visited SeaWorld the previous day, stayed after the park closed, and evaded security to enter the orca tank. An autopsy found numerous wounds, contusions, and abrasions covering his body,[16] concluding that Dukes died from drowning.

>Third death
>On February 24, 2010, Tilikum was involved in a third incident when he killed Dawn Brancheau, a 40-year-old trainer.[20][21] Brancheau was killed following a "Dine with Shamu" show. The veteran trainer was rubbing Tilikum as part of a post-show routine when the whale grabbed her by her left arm and hair and pulled her into the water.[22] At least a dozen patrons witnessed Brancheau in the water with Tilikum. Moving from pool to pool in the complex, they eventually directed Tilikum to a smaller, medical pool, where it would be easier to calm him. He subsequently released Brancheau's body. Brancheau's autopsy indicated death by drowning and blunt force trauma. The autopsy noted that her spinal cord was severed and she had sustained fractures to her jawbone, ribs, and a cervical vertebra. Her scalp was completely torn off from her head and her left arm had been severed below the shoulder.[25]
>>
>>67146800
>being this absolutely gagging to argue with a sjw you have to pretend someone on /tv/ is one
>>
>>67145853
They weren't all injured rescued whales though. They were stolen.
>>
>>67146800
>IT'S YOU SJW FAGGOTS WHO THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA!

It's like liberals do one thing, turn around, and forget immediately what it was they were all worked up about and then start infighting.
>>
>>67146722
Seaworld can clean up their own mess, and based on the releases, they are going to have to.

Nice baseless accusations though. If giving a shit about anything has been made out to be strictly a "democratic" thing, then it should be no wonder why there will be no more republican presidents, and why we are all fucked in terms of personal liberty.

>>67146800
Go back to /pol/, you're delusional if you think I'm an SJW or was even alive at the time.
>>
>>67146824

humans btfo
>>
>he gets his thoughts from a bait flick
>>
>>67146986
>Go back to /pol/, you're delusional if you think I'm an SJW or was even alive at the time.

SJWs, and the like, have existed for decades, you dolt.

Hippies, Green Peace, Save the Whales, etc.
>>
>>67145264
>I've seen maybe 4 that portrayed their subject matter fairly
Name them, dipshit
>>
>>67145643
>>67145749

So you are implying that realizing when shit doesn't work or critically revisiting your decisions is a bad thing and you should just not doing?

Get fucked, assholes.
>>
>>67147167
Yes, but I wasn't, which was my statement.

Read more closely.
>>
>>67145732

>They dont have a conscience or understanding
>Calf is stolen from its mother in the doc to send to another park and the mother makes piercing distress calls for days

5edgy4me m8
>>
>>67145264
Which ones? I'm interested.
>>
>>67144209
This movie made me terrified of Orcas,
after this I'd rather swim with a wild Great white shark than a wild Orca.
>>
File: goodadvice.jpg (54 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
goodadvice.jpg
54 KB, 460x345
>>67144328
>>
>>67144209

They just announced yesterday that they are phasing put the Killer Whale show.

They aren't going to breed any more in captivity and they are going to let the ones there now live out the next 30 years in a whale compound.

Their stock price was plummeting from lower attendance from the movie so they are going to phase in more Disneyland style rides.
>>
>>67146066
They can't live in the wild because they were in captivity, not the other way around.

Orcas in the wild life longer than captive orcas. They're basically apex predators, don't need to confer with impressing land whales on stage.
>>
>>67145643
>Fun Fact: The killer whale program was originally started to save injured whales and teach ignorant 'Mericans all about the animals and how to protect them.
Which doesn't explain keeping them in shit conditions, breeding them, and training them to perform tricks.

And you can educate kids without them having to look at a whale trapped in a pool.

How much did SeaWorld pay you?
>>
File: 1392835934645.jpg (93 KB, 634x900) Image search: [Google]
1392835934645.jpg
93 KB, 634x900
>tfw you're low-key glad you were able to see the Shamu show while it existed
>>
>>67148836
REEEEEE SHUT UP SJW LOOK HOW WILLY DIED WHEN HE GOT FREE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT LIBERAL HIPPIE FUCK OFF
>>
>>67144321
>Blackwhale
wasn't that hard, was is?
>>
>>67144209
Where is the elephant documentary?
>>
>>67145643
>yeaaah things are bad NOW but you fucking liberals don't understand! this was good once!
>>
>>67148836
>How much did SeaWorld pay you?
Not much considering they just announced today they're shutting down their breeding program.
>>
>>67145676
>>67145645

>https://seaworldcares.com/the-facts/truth-about-blackfish/
how are you guys this naive? are jsut contrarian?

Notice how that web page doesn't dispute any of the facts about the whale's health that are presented in the documentary?

I mean christ, even just common sense should tell you it's fucked up. I remember going to seaworld before ever seeing this documentary and thinking it was probably fucked up that the whale's fins were flopping down and drooping.

Why would it work you know? you are taking something that's made to swim hundreds of miles and sticking it in a glorified toilet to make it do tricks. Seriously. I get it if you just don't care and wanna pull the fuck whales were are dominant species angle, but don't pretend that Seaworld isn't hurting whales.
>>
>>67145830
kek
>>
>>67144269
>native american term
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpoAcXu65TM
>>
>Watching documentaries other than David Attenborough comfycore
>>
My parents always bought me a giant spiral lollipop whenever we'd go to Sea World when I was little, and encouraged me to go into marine biology because of how much I loved sea creatures and scuba diving.

I'm sorry you had an impoverished childhood, OP.
>>
File: 1443199627030.jpg (24 KB, 377x469) Image search: [Google]
1443199627030.jpg
24 KB, 377x469
>>67150941
>encouraged me to go into marine biology because of how much I loved sea creatures and scuba diving.

your parents are retarded lmao
>>
>>67151501

>make a decent scientist tier wage spending your time on the ocean, often in places most people only get to visit once in their lives after saving up for a nice vacation, doing something you've loved since childhood

Sounds pretty retarded to me.
>>
>>67150392

>Not watching based Louis Theroux
>>
>>67144209
It was made to upset viewers and it mostly did. Keeping animals in ZOOs is wrong but this is even more fucked up.
>>
>>67151966
>Implying zoos aren't important centers for research and breeding programs for endangered animals.

Gotta pay for that shit somehow. Seaworld can go fuck itself though.
>>
>>67151501
they should've gotten you into engineering or social studies, bro

#career #business #9gag
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.