[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will history judge these films? Which was the better triology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault.jpg (200 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
200 KB, 1280x720
How will history judge these films? Which was the better triology (Nolan's Batman vs Raimi's Spiderman)?

I'm undecided but I think we've seen Marvel and DC peak with those two already.
>>
So far, the Batman films have aged better than the Spider-Man films.
>>
>>67142557
Spiderman
>>
Nolan's Batman was a deconstruction of the character.

Aside from a shitty mess of a third film, which Nolan also had a bit of, and shitty love story in the second one; Rami's Spider-man did a better job of capturing that character.

I'm a bit more of a Batman fan and I enjoyed Rami's Spider-man. I wish we would get Batman films a bit closer in tone to the first two Rami Spider-man films.

Looking for realism in a superhero film is fucking retarded anyway. It wasn't like Nolan's Bat films were actually realistic anyway.

There has to be some way to do a lighter Batman without camp, but with a good lighter superhero aesthetic of the dynamic duo. You can still keep Batman himself dark, but have him as a superhero. Plus I'd love to also see some crazy pulp horror and sci-fi. Man-Bat could be neat. A proper Ra's with actual Lazarus pits would be cool. Etrigan the Demon would also be right in that area.
>>
those two and xmen i can actually sit through.
i dont know why they continue to push superman and marvel digs up obscure shit like thor for a 'collected universe', those i cant stand. modern superman is terrible, thor and avengers are too. ive never been big into superheroes though

deadpool was fun however. pretty cool to see an r rated superhero movie.
>>
Raimi's spiderman was goofy as fuck lose the nostalgia goggles
>>
File: Bush Dark Knight e5i7nc.jpg (29 KB, 604x483) Image search: [Google]
Bush Dark Knight e5i7nc.jpg
29 KB, 604x483
>>67142589
Nolan's 'realism' hasn't really aged well. Plus the blunt war on terror metaphors and 9/11 shit really dates it.

Also, Bale was just a weak as hell Batman.

Now it does work for Nolan's deconstruction of the character. It makes Batman an unreachable ideal, a heroic living meme in people's mind and not an actual person. That's a cool concept Nolan explored, interesting commentary on the character.

Yet it doesn't make for a solid Batman in film.

It certainly wasn't the Batman Warners wanted to make a franchise out of.
>>
>>67142770
Only a teenage idiot would think quality and goofiness are mutually exclusive.
>>
File: astonishingxmen.jpg (74 KB, 728x425) Image search: [Google]
astonishingxmen.jpg
74 KB, 728x425
>>67142733
Singer's X-men have aged horribly. I already hated X-3 when I saw it in theaters.

Singer turned them more into black ops with super powers instead of superheroes. Even now he's reluctant to embrace the superhero genre even in this post-Avengers landscape. I liked X-men as superheroes far more than any Avengers, so I am sad we haven't really gotten them being superheroes.

The two X-men in Deadpool, one being a mashup of Canonball and a Morrison character, gave me more of a feel of the comics than the majority of Singer's films. Plus we finally got Piotr done properly.
>>
>>67142852
Only a retard manchild would think a movie he thought was goat when he was a teenager still holds up today.
>>
>>67142770
To be fair, some parts were a bit too goofy. Though I agree it can be done well and most of the first two movies were fine. Nolan's try at being all super serious bullshit comes across just as overly goofy.
>>
File: reddit trash.gif (2 MB, 237x240) Image search: [Google]
reddit trash.gif
2 MB, 237x240
>>67142891
>If you liked a movie when you were a kid, you have to hate it when you're older to be grown up and mature

Wanna ask how I know you're still in high school?
>>
>>67142891
Some of them do still hold up.
Some might not hold up as much, but that doesn't mean you completely toss them aside.
>>
Which one won an Oscar?
>>
>>67142557
Well Batman Begins is like a 9/10
Dark Knight is 8/10
Dark Knight Rises is 6.5/10
>>
>>67142932
Let me guess, you think spiderman 2 was the best one.
>>
>>67142974
Do you think you're making a point by that statement? I guess I can add 'smugly uses generic assertions as though it constitutes an argument' to the list of reasons I know you're a highschooler.
>>
>>67142780
you mean the 9/11 shit that was in Spidey 1, right?
>>
File: image.png (46 KB, 960x620) Image search: [Google]
image.png
46 KB, 960x620
>>67143033
>>
>>67142780
Yeah even Bale stated himself in an article how he wasnt happy as Batman and that he didnt play the character really well.

Ledger really was the real star of Dark Knight who did the actual professional acting while Bale just shouted stuff like "Where is he!?"

I enjoyed his Batman in Begins but it got old fast
>>
>>67142557
The only people that thinks the raimi films can be compared to nolan's are people that grew up wioth the movies. Anyone that was older than 15 in 2001 knows they were just average.
>>
File: skeleton.gif (1 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
skeleton.gif
1 MB, 540x540
>>67143079
>Posting unrelated images as though that constitutes an argument
There's another reason, this is easy.
>>
>>67143118
The first half of Batman Begins is amazing, and it's mostly due to Bale's acting.
>>
Animated Batman > Nolan Batman

Mask of the Phantasm is the best Batman film.
>>
>>67143118
>Yeah even Bale stated himself in an article how he wasnt happy as Batman and that he didnt play the character really well.

He wanted to be more batman, Bale was Bruce Wayne, his Batman didnt had time to shine
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.