[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a single Simpsons episode that can be pointed to as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 600x337
Is there a single Simpsons episode that can be pointed to as the exact moment where everything went wrong, or was it more of a gradual slide with no single point of no return?
>>
>>67139710
Tennis court probably. That episode feels so distinctly neo-simpsons that it hurts to watch. It's a stupid idea and turns the Simpsons against each other in a way that's just unpleasant.
>>
that goddawful marge episode about the dress
>>
Once episodes gradually started becoming central to Lisa because of vague plot ideas
>>
>>67139819
>meta lisa
>homer's a savant
>focused on marge
>entire family referencing their own behaviour instead of actually written jokes

pretty close. strong contender if there's nothing earlier.
>>
>when you dish upon a star
>>
I don't know if this counts as the point of gradual decline but the episode where the Simpsons went to Africa was when I first realized the show was no longer funny.
>>
Quit posting this thread
>>
>>67140265
>Simpsons go to africa
That sounds like it could only possibly be vaguely uncomfortable to watch at best

What the fuck even happened in that episode
>>
The Principal and the Pauper is the one I always think of when shit just went downhill fast for the simpsons.
>>
>>67140351
Homer gets cucked
>>
>>67139710

The Principal and the Pauper

it started the whole retconning of Simpsons Lore, and now Marge and Homer met each other in the 90's while Homer was in a grunge band
>>
>>67139710
Remember when those threads were fresh and full of shit to discuss, before that OP who tried to turn them in generals? Remember how he'd samefag and ruin discussion? Remember how those threads are still a circlejerk even through "he" mostly posts on /a/ shonen threads now?
>>
>>67140510
That was a retcon which had to happen. Not even for the static ages, but that Bart is 10, and Homer is ~40, so he couldn't have knocked up Marge just out of highschool.
>>
Simpsons has always been awful since the start

and probably influenced millions of americans and american families to think acting like fuckwads like the fictional cartoon "average american family" is totally normal
>>
>>
classic simpsons lasted until season 18
starting from there it became zombie simpsons
>>
>>67141130
Bingo
>>
>>67141067
>had to happen
No.
>>
>>67141067

Homer is 36 in the show. He had Bart when he was 26 years old which is completely reasonable, after finishing HS he worked at the Plant for a few years to afford a house after which they made kids.
>>
How many more seasons will we get? Will we ever see season 50? Will we ever get Simpsons movie 2 - the sharkjumpening?
>>
It all started going downhill half way through season 7. To be specific, once 1996 began, The Simpsons began to decline.
>>
>>67141662

The shark will jump Homer
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.