[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'll tell you what I'd do, man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: twochicks.jpg (48 KB, 1280x700) Image search: [Google]
twochicks.jpg
48 KB, 1280x700
I'll tell you what I'd do, man
>>
>people who are legitimately happy in modern society have extremely limited dreams/imagination
>this is a central theme in a comedy
>the fact this idea is being presented by a comedy lets people nervously laugh it off
>>
can we just pretend we can't hear each other threads anon?
>>
>>67139274
It is kinda ironic. Simple, working class folk are celebrated in Office Space yet the same people are criticized in Idiocracy.
>>
>>67139305
or the idea that encouraging people to have limited dreams/ambition, because that's the ideal consumer, will lead to a pretty horrid future.
>>
>>67139389
We all die in the end, so it don't really matter.
>>
>>67139434
i remember my first week of highschool
>>
>>67139211
two memes at the same time, big guy
>>
File: bignumnum4u.jpg (6 KB, 249x133) Image search: [Google]
bignumnum4u.jpg
6 KB, 249x133
>>67139754
really?
I guess that's double memes
>>
>>67139694
You won't once the Dementia kicks in.
>>
>>67139827
and it will be the best years of my life
>>
>>67139389
>>67139305
>>67139274

Considering that 500 years ago most of our lives would have been shit farmers working for some lord or something, I'd say being a simple person with limited dreams isn't THAT bad.
>>
>>67139305
I think that's just having a balanced view, by making fun of both extremes.
>>
>>67139862
and that period lasted around 800 years exactly because of that.
>>
>>67139953
>balanced view
Madness.

Only extremes feel right, so only extremes are right.
>>
>>67139694

sounds like somebody's got a bad case of the mondays
>>
File: 11.gif (2 MB, 205x221) Image search: [Google]
11.gif
2 MB, 205x221
>>67139754
>>
>Office Space presents an unavoidable, widespread problem; most jobs will kill you on the inside
>It's solution is to work construction

All that does is fuck your body up working with a bunch of fat, sweaty, alcoholic bastards.
>>
>>67140040
A job that kills you on both the inside and outside is preferable to a job that just kills you on the inside.
>>
>>67140092
>Something that kills you in two ways is preferable to something that kills you in one way

For what reason? A quick death?
>>
>>67139976
Here's to 800 years of air conditioning and easy access to plentiful food.
>>
>>67140120
if only.
>>
>>67140120
Because being in perfect health and dead on the inside is worse than being dead.
>>
File: batmanbraveandthebold2chicks.jpg (101 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
batmanbraveandthebold2chicks.jpg
101 KB, 800x500
Fuckin' A.
>>
>>67140126
>existential turmoil intensifies
>>
>>67140137
I disagree.
>>
>>67140228
Elaborate.
>>
>>67139976
>period lasted 800 years

Nigga that "period" is all of human history, since the first caveman said "I have more sheep, I'm in charge" and everyone went with it.

Maybe 5% of the global population innovates new ideas, makes shit loads of money, and run the world. It's always been that way. The chances of being a creative member of the super elite is so infinitesimaly small that it will never happen.

So I can either get mad about it (which is impotent) or I can accept that im jist one of the billions of teeming masses and make the best of it.

Literally nothing wrong with a quiet, simple life.
>>
>>67140016
I believe you'd get your ass kicked for saying something like that
>>
>>67140293
Because even if you're dead on the inside for a majority of the week you can still find small pleasures in life. Those small pleasures are what make life worth living. The healthier you are, the more you can make of those moments and the longer you can experience them.
>>
>>67140316
wow, literal cultural marxism. You don't see that often, despite "cultural marxism" being one of /pol/'s maymays. Which I guess is intentional to strip the term of all meaning so frankfurt tactics can work.

Every period of growth in human history was sparked by one or more people deciding "hey, lets not do the same things we've been doing for generations, and see how that works." Of course that same idea has also predicated every fall.
>>
>>67140339
Conversely, if you're dead, you don't have to experience/tolerate/endure being dead on the inside the majority of the week in hopes of small pleasures.
>>
>>67140126
Hahahahahah

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

If only you knew how bad things really are.jpg
>>
>>67140657
Of course you realize all the peasants between the fall of rome and the industrial revolution also thought the endtimes were imminent. It was just one of the mechanisms that kept them farming turnips and parsnips.
>>
>>67139305
>I didn't understand Idiocracy
>>
>>67140040
It's a reference or homage to Voltaire's Candide you retard
>>
>>67140411
But that's not what cultural marxism is at all.

Can you read?
>>
>>67140732
This.

Empires fall.

Peasants...just keep being peasants
>>
>>67140779
Cultural marxism is, basically, the idea that all shit has always been the same through history.

So, yes, it is cultural marxism.
>>
>>67140817
No, actually, not at all.

You are completely wrong.

Cultural Marxism is the theory that all people are equal and we need to redefine the global power structure to reflect that. It's complete, non working horseshit, as evidenced by Lenin.

Stating that the upper class runs the world but that doesn't mean it sucks to be lower/middle class is pretty un-fucking-Marxist.

It's okay, I remember my first year of college too.
>>
>>67140040
I hated that ending. I watched that movie first when I was a teenager, unsure about what I wanted from life, feeling that jobs were just a waste of time that make you miserable. This movie understood how I felt, made it seem even worse than I first thought and then offered no answer to the problem.
>>
>>67140910
Oh, hi /pol/. You realize you're pushing a false definition of cultural marxism as part of frankfurt style cultural realignment?
>>
>>67140988

There is no answer, bro. You either live in this society, with all the advantages it brings, in exchange for being a cog in the machine. Or you fuck off somewhere else and try a different kind of life. Those are really the only options.
>>
>>67141238
>wut ofer option we 'av guv?

Modern peasant logic.
>>
>>67140040
famous reference to French film maker/Shock Jockey/anarchist Jean Yanne.
He is like the French Mike Judge, 30 years before Judge.
>>
>>67140040
Fresh air, sunshine, physical exercise, the ability to finish each day and see the result of your work ie: a building being built instead of an inbox full of emails, and so on.
>>
>>67142282

Fuckin A man
>>
>>67142282
yeah he found fulfillment who gives a fuck how

people are acting like sociologists and trying to break down the movie but fuck that
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.