[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is literally no conflict in this movie >girl has a job,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: borefest.jpg (142 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
borefest.jpg
142 KB, 630x1200
There is literally no conflict in this movie
>girl has a job, fairly good
>girl wants better life
>girl gets better life for basically gratis
>girl would have got better life even if she stays by her sister, took over her job when she dies and get a local chap with a nice house

should we cheer on her because she does not cheat on her husbando or what? Or throwing up on a ship is struggle now?

also, for a yuropoor, how accurate are tokens and whites together on the beach for the era?
>>
>>67129011
Tokens and whites on the beach are not accurate. Did they do that?
>>
>>67129011
you just know this movie is made for 50-80 somethings on the awards panel so it wins everything

>Back in my day when we didnt have to worry about jobs and having a huge decline in quality of life
>Look at muh struggles
Oh wow a white woman in the 40's is finding life hard?

This movie was basically a daytime soap except replace generic british uppity crap with scottish.

i watched this movie with my 65 year old mom and even she said it was shit
>>
>>67129071
Yes, and there was another scene with a black woman going to work and crossing the same street, that just looked ridiculous, because you know she was just put there for quotas

>>67129085
but her life was not even hard, she had a happy life, got a better one, and around the 1:30:00 mark she had to choose between a good and a great life. It was an emotional roundabout.
Anyway, it is nice you watch movies with your mom.
>>
>>67129011
>all films require conflict
>>
>>67129666
no, biographies or documentaries are OK in my book
without a conflict how could you care about what's happening in a drama for 2 hours?
>>
I really think they miscast the parts.

Potatofarts should have been played by Aidan Gillen
Italian Husband should have been played by Michael Imperioli or Tony Sirico
and everyone else should have been played by Adam Sandler, Steve Buscemi, Michael Shannon, and the ghost of Peter O'Toole
>>
>>67129666
>biographies or documentaries are OK in my book
A film should enjoy of a broader liberty anon, but if you want your typicall movies told the same way over and over, who am I to change that.
>>
>the conflict isn't in the form of man wearing cape vs man wearing cape so /tv/ cannot comprehend it

sounds about right
>>
File: 1457885411497.jpg (117 KB, 720x855) Image search: [Google]
1457885411497.jpg
117 KB, 720x855
>>67129666
Witnessed
>>
>>67130264
meant to>>67129816
>>
>>67130273
kek

I swear half the people on this board only half watch movies while shitposting on 4chan and then start a thread complaining the movie sucked
>>
>>67130325
/tv/ needs trafic doesn't it?
>>
>>67130264
yeah, not the same way, but at least make an effort to create something interesting.
I mean you can go full Bela Tarr and hide behind muh subjectivity and muh you don't get this, but truth be told, there are quite a few people who see that the emperor is naked. Just read, the writer is openly gay, no wonder he needs to be catered as the special snowflake he is.
>>
>>67130561
...and this is a contra against a well made film.
>>
>waaahh I have to choose between Chad #1 and Chad #2

lmao
>>
>>67130796
eternal virgin spotted
>>
>>67130839
eternal cuck detected
>>
File: americuck.png (257 KB, 313x398) Image search: [Google]
americuck.png
257 KB, 313x398
>>67130866
>>
>>67130796

"Chad" doesn't mean "not you"
>>
>>67129011
it was a nominations filler
>>
>>67129011
I don't know what you expected, the trailer and the sinopsis clearly showed this movie as a slice of life.

>woman moves to another city
>it goes well
>the end

It's like a Woody Allen movie but not funny.
>>
>>67130839
>>67130886
I think his point was that the plot is too stupid and vain and I agree with that
>>
>>67129011
I haven't seen it but I'd be interested in it just for the time period tourism. My family basically was like this in the same era. Irish coming over to New York. It's a pretty significant thing that happened for America in the north east.
>>
>>67129011
The conflict in the movie is Sershie's rapidly receding hairline.
>>
Is this the movie with the lesbians?
>>
>>67129011
It's just a feel good movie about immigration.
Not bad.
>>
its a nice movie where good things happen to irish woman and the acting/sets are nice.

getsmy34%irish heritagefeelsgoing/10
>>
It's the Irish Immigrant version of Amelie which is to say: a shallow, saccharine, romanticized fairy tale about complete bullshit that people will insist has a deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep meaning about >muh irish struggles. Except Amelie didn't have a 5 hour shitting scene.
>>
>>67129011
The worst part is not ONE Italian character in the movie looks down on her for being Irish. I mean, it was the 50s.
>>
>>67132572
True story, my Italian great grandfather was disowned by his family for marrying an Irish woman.
>>
>>67132477
There's a shitting scene? I may have to watch it now. Cute girls pooping is my fetish.
>>
>>67129816
>>67130264
Fucking plebs, you've never seen an arthouse film in your life have you
>>
>>67129623
>Yes, and there was another scene with a black woman going to work and crossing the same street, that just looked ridiculous, because you know she was just put there for quotas
They're not even being subtle about it then. You literally learn about the black person tunnels at age 6-7. What are they trying to accomplish with this?
>>
>>67133475
>the black person tunnels
What?
>>
>>67133998
>american education
>>
>>67134076
So what are they?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.