[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will the CGI hating meme die? Why does neckbeards on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: cgi.gif (3 MB, 839x344) Image search: [Google]
cgi.gif
3 MB, 839x344
When will the CGI hating meme die?

Why does neckbeards on the internet think they know better than directors and producers?
>>
>>67127238
The problem is that it's prone to over use, granted people overlook the fact that with practice effects come flaws too, but Dawn of the apes is pretty great in its cgi, but compared to something like say avengers AOU, which had cgi that just looked bland and lifeless

Both take time to master right, and id be lying if I said that Dawn of the planet of the apes doesn't look better than say congo, but like I said greatness take a time
>>
Motion capture is different, like the name suggests it is a combination of captured, real human performance and CGI tweaking.
>>
>>67127238
>white man playing ape
This is cultural appropriation.
>>
>>67127238
>Why does neckbeards on the internet think they know better than directors and producers?

Cinemasins.
>>
>>67127347
it's still CGI
and pretty much every movie used motion capture for their cgi
>>
>>67127238
It's supposed to be liked by the audiences. If it's not, then it's failed. It's bussiness, not a shit undergraduate short art fil.
>>
>>67127932
What's your point?
>>
>>67127238
because the only cgi they bitch about is the really noticable cgi, if some people only knew exactly how much fucking cgi that films use that is completly undetectable /t/v would probably have a heart attack
>>
>>67127238
Is Andy Serkis the most cucked actor ever?

>yeah, we wanna cast you, but just your expressions
>>
File: MoS CGI spin.webm (1 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
MoS CGI spin.webm
1 MB, 1920x800
>>67127238
Because pic related happens.
>>
>>67129438
This looks pretty nice. I honestly don't know how people think this could be better.
>>
>>67129500
Because it looks like a videogame?
>>
>>67127238
>When will the CGI hating meme die?
When it looks good. Seriously if we can't tell its CG, we wont complain. It's starting to get there.

>Why does neckbeards on the internet think they know better than directors and producers?
Because we don't have to pay to make the movies, but we do in theory pay to watch them. Just because something is cheaper and easier to do, doesn't mean it looks better. But I can understand the motive of relying on CG.
>>
>>67127514
what the fuck is your point you dumb retard
>>
>>67129500
Really? its schlock, especially when you see into zods eyes what the fuck was snyder thinking
>>
>>67129438
true kino?
>>
>>67127238

Which Alpha Centauri cinematic is the one on the right from?
>>
>>67129438
You can tell it's a QTE.
>>
>>67129512
>A form of alternative reality fuly interactie that emulates real life or even improves it, created inside a ceramics chips and circuits
>not the marvelous greatest thing ever
>implying bad
>>
>>67129512
>>67129558

If you think this is bad i don't want to hear what you have to say about that Civil War trailer..
>>
>>67129719
Civil War, MoS, whatever.
The point here is that CGI should be avoided unless absolutely necessary because studios are overusing it when it's not necessary, or they are good.
There's literally only two studios that make a good job at CGI, and everyone avoids them, even blockbusters like BvS, Civil War and even fucking Episode 7.
>>
>>67129766
Those two studios are very expensive, I assume you mean ILM and Blur? The Warcraft movie has ILM and many other known studios make the CGI along with Blizzards crazy CGI team.
>>
>>67129766

ILM and Weta?

neither are avoided, production studios just seem to generally refuse to pay them for top tier effects
>>
>>67129871
>they are very expensive
Warcraft has a budget of 90 million, why is money a problem for movies like BvS, Civil War or Episode 7?
They are all cheap fucks and end up with bad looking CGI, and that's where the complaints come in.
>>
>>67129438
literally nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>67129871
>Blur

What? I thought they were for video games cinematic and graphics like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
>>
>>67129766
Well, good luck trying to make a superhero action movie with pratical effects. I think that Snyder went overboard in MoS but some of the effects are absolutely amazing. I was shocked when they said in MoS's extras that Zod's armor is 100% CGI. In fact, only Faora has a real armor.

Also, people use this "Spin" scene as a example of bad cgi in MoS but the worst scene is when Clark is fighting Nam-Ek. I'll screencap.
>>
>>67129959
>implying that cgi is cheap and simple to do

as if youve ever had to make cgi on a million dollar scale, this is why the hate boner for cgi is fucking stupid, its misguided, its not easy its just easier on the director to be able to put up a greenscreen and hand it off to a visual effects artists aka LAZY on the director side and anything but cheap and easier
>>
>>67127238
Because when the CGI is bad, people can tell it's CGI. But what most of them don't realize is that every modern movie has CGI in it. They just cherry pick the bad ones as examples.
>>
>>67130078
>cheap and easier
Which would be understandable in low budget movies, not in 200 million and more blockbusters.
>>
I don't have too much of a problem with it, but this still makes me a bit sad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBzpT7VmSaU
>>
>>67130110
>200 million

you said it right there, movies now cost soo much more than did then when cgi was more primitive and use less frequently because it literally costs that much more to make a movie thats more cgi heavy
>>
File: MoS.jpg (249 KB, 1919x1078) Image search: [Google]
MoS.jpg
249 KB, 1919x1078
>>67129766
>>67130060
I love the movie and i know i'm giving MoS haters ammunition, but this is bad.
>>
>>67127238
This exists, but we're still expected to think Osama Bin Laden is real? KEK
>>
>>67129500
:/ I don't think it looks good at all. Looks like a bad videogame, the colors are all fucked up and way too desaturated.
>>
Rise's CG is already looking dated. Granted, there's really no other way to get the kind of shots you want out of a talking ape movie, but still.
>>
File: Man of Steel coming for PS3.webm (3 MB, 720x300) Image search: [Google]
Man of Steel coming for PS3.webm
3 MB, 720x300
>>67129500
>>67130035
Back to your containment board, /v/irgins
>>
>>67127238
>cgi being bad a meme
I don't hate CGI
I hate overused cgi
I hate cgi used in places it shouldn't be such as blood/splatter effects that could easily be achieved with 5 minutes worth of effort
>>
>>67130582
I love when people take these behind the scenes clips and try to pass them off as finished products
>>
>>67127238
neckbeards and normies have to have an easy way to pretend they know stuff without actually knowing anything
>DUDE GREEN LANTERN SUCKS LMAO
>DUDE CGI SUCKS LMAO
>DUDE PRACTICAL EFFECTS LMAO
>DUDE WATCHNG CHRISTOPHER NOLLAN MAKES ME PATRICIAN
>DUDE REMAKES SUCK LMAO
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.