[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Welcome to the era of capeshit, vidyashit, and sequelshit. Welcome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: CA_Supermovies_10-28-2014-21.jpg (537 KB, 1280x1600) Image search: [Google]
CA_Supermovies_10-28-2014-21.jpg
537 KB, 1280x1600
Welcome to the era of capeshit, vidyashit, and sequelshit. Welcome to the worst recession of creativity, originality, and artistic effort in modern history. The evidence is all around you, there's more every major movie release weekend. It's a coming flood of pandering, soulless cash-ins that only serve to make a progressively larger and larger group of lost, sad manchildren happy for 90 minutes before they go home to r/movies and post about how great it was.

This is it. This is the death of cinema. There's going to be new Star Wars, every year, for 6 years AT LEAST! A franchise once as beloved and respected as Star Wars (prequel memes aside) is now nothing more than a milked cash cow for the fedora tipping, r*ddit masses. Indiana Jones. The 50 Avengers movies. Deadpool. Now "serious" and "brooding" capeshit like anything Snyder touches. This dates back to Nolan destroying the genre with The Dark Knight trilogy. Now we're getting video games. First Warcraft, a movie for a game that died 10 years ago. Then Portal, then Half Life, two series literally nobody has given a fuck about since they've came out. But they'll all makes millions and millions and millions of dollars. Because r*ddit and /v/ and even /tv/ are fucking retarded plebs who will give their money to anything that once made them feel special or happy. It's a sad abuse of emotional states. Fuck it.

These aren't even well crafted.

Capeshit fans can't take any level of subtlety. They need blatant explanations and easy to follow plots with bad guys whose motives are simple to understand and easy hatable. Any type of critical thinking or analysis is not expected from any of these movies. Capeshit fans are mentally retarded manchildren who are stuck in an idealized cage built with nostalgic pieces of their past. They live only to look back. They're holding on so tightly to their childhood they missed when the rest of reality moved on. I pity them. I really do.
>>
Hollywood was always garbage. Get into actual cinema friend

>inb4 underage capeshitters call me pretentious
>>
File: 1387824655586.jpg (99 KB, 900x1344) Image search: [Google]
1387824655586.jpg
99 KB, 900x1344
>Capeshit fans are mentally retarded manchildren who are stuck in an idealized cage built with nostalgic pieces of their past. They live only to look back. They're holding on so tightly to their childhood they missed when the rest of reality moved on.
>>
Do you complain about the music they play on the radio too?
Maybe stop making these cringy posts on 4chan and expand your horizons past Hollywood
>>
>>67122129
>>67122047

I'm just mad at people who buy this shit and think it's good. How can they be so tasteless? Can't they see they're being used?
>>
File: fedoramaster.gif (2 MB, 230x172) Image search: [Google]
fedoramaster.gif
2 MB, 230x172
>>67122115
>>67122129
>capeshit is actually true patrician kino
>>
>>67122179
They can't, they're unironically convinced that capeshit is more than a blatant cashgrab targeted at children of all ages.

I'm convinced that you have to be borderline retarded at best to find entertainment at all in capeshit.
>>
Still not worse than the writers strike that rebirthed reality tv.
>>
>There are grown men on this board right now who debate with other manchildren about guys in colorful tights with magical powers fighting each other
>They actually get angry over this

holy kek
>>
How can I be nostalgic for something I didn't read as a kid? I thought super heroes were gay and was only into anime because they killed the bad guys in them.
>>
>>67122260

Nope. I mean I look down on capeshit as much as you but the fact of the matter is that the average person isn't all that interested in movies. They have been raised on superhero trash and convinced that movies exist solely to serve as theme park rides. It's all they know how to like and all they care about looking for. Some people are just looking to have a good time and that's not the worst thing in the world.
>>
>>67122179
How are they being used if they enjoy the movies? Unless you're going to argue that people don't actually enjoy them but just convince themselves that's the case. If so what are you basing that assumption on?
>>
>>67121993
>fantastic four 2
is this still being made or did they decide against it?
>>
>>67122378

They're being used in the sense that Hollywood execs are milking their childhood love of superheroes by pandering to their tastes and fluffing it up to seem like some big epic historical event. Do you know how much effort it takes to turn Avengers 1 into Avengers 2? Do you realize how many of the same assets they use? It's a fucking Sandler tier scam for people's money and it works people are retarded mindless robots who eat up anything they're told they should like (by their peers, friends, the internet, etc). Deadpools marketing pretty much guaranteed it would be an instant hit. It basically made it hundreds of millions of dollars before it was even released.
>>
>>67122129
>>67122047
yes, just accept the status quo cause that always helps when things are wrong.

I agree OP. it's fucking awful. the worse thing is we are surrounded by a generation of fucking children. seriously. How the hell are we supposed to have any esteem for our peers when they are ubiquitously dullards that get excited about this garbage.

I fucking hate everyone.
>>
>>67121993
They're making another fantastic four????¿¿¿¿¿¿
>>
>>67122378
I don't know how people fucking put up with this shit. If they aren't being used they are being patronized. I literally feel insulted whenever I see this shit.
>>
Cool guy saying how shit everyone else's tastes are huh?

Go ahead and recommend some films we should be watching instead
>>
ITT: People impotently mad at capekino
>>
>>67123352
Les Idiots
Salo
The Act of Seeing With One's Own Eyes
>>
>>67121993

Capeshit is going to burn out pretty soon and 80% of these movies are never going to be made

Just go see independent films and send Jewywood a message
>>
>>67121993
I thought capeshit was more popular among womenchildren than manchildren these days.
>>
>>67123449
>I'm 16 and "my cinema is fucking superior" deluxe pack
>>
Antman, Ironman, Winter Soldier, and SW:VII are great movies. They may be milking the franchises, but most of the movies are worth a watch, and there's a couple worth going to theaters for. They wouldn't be so successful if people didn't find these movies enjoyable. If you get angry at people for enjoying things you don't, you should take a step back and examine yourself and maybe even seek a professional's opinion. You probably have autism.
>>
>>67123352

Bonjour Romano (2001)
The Savior (1981)
Les Perdus et les Damnés (1974)
Kako idemo (1983)
Dove Andiamo Da Qui (1983)
>>
>>67123651
>foreign films

asked for real movies
>>
File: gg.jpg (67 KB, 540x534) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
67 KB, 540x534
>>67123651

>Bonjour Romano (2001)
>>
>>67123763

Ok

How The Ocean Drank (1996)
The Jefferson Problem (1983)
Monga (1959)
Stroke of the Sun (1974)
>>
File: capeshit.webm (907 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
capeshit.webm
907 KB, 1280x720
>>
I for one, welcome our new cape overlords
>>
File: doubt.jpg (62 KB, 536x800) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
62 KB, 536x800
>>67121993
>Fantastic four 2
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.