[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
High Rise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: high-rise-movie-poster.jpg (49 KB, 700x650) Image search: [Google]
high-rise-movie-poster.jpg
49 KB, 700x650
Who's looking forward to it?
>>
Me very much.
Ben Wheatley is one of the best new directors working.
>>
Ben Wheatley hasn't let me down yet so yes I can't wait to see this.
>>
>>67119717

fuck yes

Wheatley is amazing and Ballard is incredible

it's going to be a masterpiece
>>
>>67119717

Literally me.
>>
>>67119717
what is it about?
>>
>>67119717
Reporting in
>>
not coming to theaters in my country, vod release when?
>>
>>67119717
Just looked up the Wikipedia page and found out Ben Wheatley was born in the same small English town that I was born in

probably go see it for that novelty
>>
>>67120042

the residents of a technologically advanced, insulated high rise apartment building devolve into animals and start tearing each other apart
>>
>>67120125

the end of April
>>
>>67120125
Probably not too long.

It looks great but it isn't the sort of film that will be a heavy hitter at the box office.

Wheatley released his last film in cinemas and vod at the same time but I dunno if that's happening again as this is a much larger production than the last.
>>
Never got around to seeing Kill List but A Field in England was my favorite film from 2014. I'll see it for sure.
>>
>>67120227

"The film is scheduled to be released in the United States on 28 April 2016, through video on demand prior to being released in a limited release on 13 May 2016."
>>
File: weathers.jpg (12 KB, 283x283) Image search: [Google]
weathers.jpg
12 KB, 283x283
>>67120308
Sweet not too long to wait then.

I'll probably make the effort to see in the cinema if I can just because its the one thing this year I am actually excited about.
>>
>>67120176
fucking hell gotta wait like amonth
>>
Saw this last year already...
>>
I saw the world premiere of this at TIFF. It was mostly excellent, though Wheatley definitely made a few narrative missteps that were a little too jarring, and never really sold me on how insulated the high-rise was. Luke Evans is incredible in it, I never knew that guy could act.

It's going to be extremely divisive. There were tons of walk outs at the premiere, and half the people I saw it with hated it. (Though they weren't familiar with Wheatley or Ballard.)
>>
>>67121962
normies who watch it cause Hiddleston is in it are gonna HATE it
>>
>>67120042
le heavy handed anti-capitalist allegory like all of ballard's work
>>
>>67120042
>>67120143

Did a trailer drop for this a few months ago? Can't leave the building? Everything is provided?
>>
>>67122902
You can leave the building, Hiddelston's character works at a hospital.
>>
J G Ballard is a pretty shit writer if I'm to be honest, he's like the gay Philip K Dick of middle class england. He has three or four themes he riffs on, over and over again, and it's honestly just magic realism, he never had the balls to write a REAL science fiction novel, with defensible concepts and logic.... or for that matter a real non-genre novel about the human condition, just wank about eighties western capitalism and architraves
>>
>>67119717
It's an adaptation of a novel and the last 5 or so novel adaptations targeted at the same demographic have all bombed. I predict a 50-70% on RT
>>
>>67119717

Yes.
>>
>>67122166
>implying this is a bad thing
It's gonna be like Snowpiercer, but good.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.