[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The New Punisher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 871x615) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 871x615
What do you think about the new punisher?
>>
man its really gonna gutter my hopes when it turns out the show is just as boring as before and that its just a really well made trailer
its the same with the nokia trailer and man of steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejXjZ-k6Myc
if Jon Bernthal rubs his head even once during tense dialogue I'll lose my shit
>>
>>67118118
Fuck this shit, I want Frank to have his full head of glorious Italian hair back.
>>
>>67118199
LEMME ASK YOU SOMETHIN
>>
He's not going to be half as good as Ray Stevenson. Maybe not even as good as Jane. But I think the character will be written better, and that's enough for me.
>>
File: punisher_rain.jpg (257 KB, 1273x799) Image search: [Google]
punisher_rain.jpg
257 KB, 1273x799
>>67118317

I can't see why Frank can't be the old guy he is.
>>
>>67118445
>yfw Garth Ennis was the worst thing to happen to Frank
>>
>>67118490

>implying the MAX run wasn't the best thing to happen to The Punisher
>>
Bernthal says his performance was heavily influenced by Travis Bickle, take from that what you will.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMC7H23-sMs
>>
Perfect casting desu
>>
>>67118118
I liked Thomas Jane better.
>>
>>67118622

The perfect Punisher would be Stephenson with the black trench coat/kevlar costume with Jane's voice.
>>
>>67118317
too bad its not frank grillo playing the punisher
>>
File: gETH5T6[1].jpg (419 KB, 900x1367) Image search: [Google]
gETH5T6[1].jpg
419 KB, 900x1367
>Not Punished Punisher
Meh
>>
>>67118118
>Vietnam becomes an older and older war
>they have to revamp it so Frank is a veteran from a pussy war like the First Gulf War

You weren't there man! 150 of my brothers lost their lives in that sand!
>>
he lives in dc and comes to the restaurant I work at occasionally, his wife is mega hot and he always looks geeked out on some shit
>>
Is he actually going to use guns and kill genuinely bad people, or is he just going to end up like every other Marvel main character and go around dispensing non-lethal kung-fu on generic mooks?

The main reason I'm excited to see The Punisher happen is because I'm sick of the current trend of guns being completely ignored in Marvel shows. I want to see something less PC here.
>>
>>67118982
hes going to fuck your wife and slap her son around
>>
>>67118490
Punisher MAX was the only good thing Garth Ennis wrote you pleb.
>>
>>67118118
I guess Wal-Mart was out of skull shirts?

It just a printed skull shape. It's not like he has to secretly hire a tailor.
>>
HEY IT'S [that one Italian guy that's in every other movie where a generic Italian guy is needed]
>>
>>67119086
Pleb detected. Ennis has a solid win rate.
>>
File: The-Punisher-Widowmaker-1.jpg (811 KB, 1247x1920) Image search: [Google]
The-Punisher-Widowmaker-1.jpg
811 KB, 1247x1920
I'm so hyped and going to be so depressed if he sucks
>>
>>67118118
Shame Frank isn't wearing a skull shirt. The rest of the MCU seems to really embrace the comics but Daredevil is so dull in comparison.
>>
>>67119185

if they even slightly make it like MAX it'll probably be pretty good

honestly punisher movies are better than most of the other nonsense that marvel poops out so I can be kind of optimistic
>>
>>67119203
Maybe the shirt is only when he's "at work".

It'd be kind of stupid to wear it 24/7.
>>
>>67119257
I enjoy the Punisher movies but they're making this seem like they're really going to go for it this time
>>
>>67119117
he has it on his body armor in another picture
>>
>>67118560
Yesh
>>
>>67118445
because growing older is more interesting cinematically than just being old

we already know there are going to be timeskips from Frank's hair growing longer over the season
>>
>>67119361
That softens the blow.
>>
>>67118118
>the punisher is white
D R O P P E D
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc
>>
Perfect Punisher would be a prime Kirk Douglas.

That's not going to happen.
>>
>>67118199
I hope he rub his head more than ever before. The only thing that got me through season 2 of the Walking Dead was Bernthal's head rubbing insanity.
>>
>>67118118
Didn't he already die in this universe? Wasn't he in Ant-Man?

Did Marvel really cast the same actor to play two different characters?
>>
>>67118812
Thats solid frank
>>
>>67118118
He looks like some Slavic Mafioso instead of the All-American death-dealer he should be.
>>
But who will play Punisher girl?
>>
>>67120101
Jane Thomas
>>
>>67120101
Marishkka Hartitgay
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 570x845) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 570x845
>>67118812
>Rick Grimes aiming
>>
>>67119937

Frank Castle's birth name is Francis Castiglione, he's a guinea, a self hating guido.
>>
>>67119937
this
>>
>>67120240
She's way too old and her face is melting
>>
>>67119203

He's wearing the skull shirt in some of the promo posters, he'll probably get it by the end of the season.
>>
>>67118539
Well it is the worst thing that happened to the Punisher because that he set the standards high so every adaption will look garbage compared to that. You will end up thinking 'What if they did a MAX adaption with an older actor and not something to cater for the capeshit audience' and you wont be able to enjoy anything related to Frank.

>>67119203
It's a fucking origins story for the Punisher, he will get it at some point.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.