[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is ghostbusters 2 so disliked?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (221 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
221 KB, 1280x800
Why is ghostbusters 2 so disliked?
>>
it's bad
>>
It existed to make money rather than tell an engaging story as well as push the existing cartoon series. It is pretty much the definition of "sequilitis." Sequilitis doesn't always kill a movie, look at Shrek 2, but it definitely CAN kill a movie, like Shrek 3.

The easiest way to describe "sequilitis" is that the franchise no longer attempts to develop new or meaningful ideas but rather re-hashes old concepts, usually just incrementally making them "biggerer and betterer" than before. It can best be summed up in the phrase "Hey you liked that? WELL HERE IT IS AGAAAAAAAIIIIIN."

I still enjoy it more than most movies, but it isn't a good movie, especially not compared to the original.
>>
Literally nobody dislikes it.
>>
its the definition of a safe sequel.

Pretty much the same exact film as the original but with less effort all round and as a result there are diminishing returns.

Its not the worst film or sequel ever. But if you watch it nowadays its clear Bill didn't wanna be there and that they had no new ideas beyond merchandising opportunities.

Comedy sequels are never really a good idea.
>>
>>67117527
It is just kind of a lazy remake, presented as a sequel.
>>
>>67117784
Kek
>>
>>67117527
>on a mountain of skulls, in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood
The bad guy was pretty hardcore tho
>>
>>67117527

2 is my favorite though

It's not my fault. I was very young when I was introduced to it, and never saw the first one until I was an adult.

Maybe I need to rewatch them
>>
>>67117527
Besides a really good villain, it was virtually the first one again. You can tell there wasn't a lot of effort in the script, which is a shame.
>>
>>67117527
Because it's not good
>>
Its basically a remake of the first Ghostbusters with a weaker plot and more kiddie elements.
>>
+same cast
+same type of humor
+based BBEG
+best courtroom scene in a film ever
+cool ghosts

-wonky plot
-wonky henchman
-a baby as the McGuffin
-toy commercial
>>
File: i know ny gorilla.jpg (5 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
i know ny gorilla.jpg
5 KB, 217x232
>>67117527
You dont know NewYork!
>>
>>67119209
>+based BBEG

Viggo was defeated by the power of love. Worthless antangonist and went out like a bitch.
>>
>>67119422
The troll from Ernest Sacred Stupid was defeated by the power of love.

Viggo was defeated by reverse-engineering his own slime, and a healthy dose of proton pack.
>>
>>67119209
But I woo.
WOO-OOOOO.
>>
>>67119209
But I woo.
WOO-OOOOO.
>>
>>67117963
found her
>>
File: ktkiuyfbby_o.jpg (191 KB, 689x541) Image search: [Google]
ktkiuyfbby_o.jpg
191 KB, 689x541
>>67117527
It's 2/3 a good movie.

Overshadowed in fandom by Real Ghostbusters and to a less extent, Extreme and IDW.
>>
>>67118222
>>67119153

Have you even seen the fucking film?
>>
It's a decent sequel. It became fashionable to dislike it because Bill Murray did, but that guy also made two Garfield movies so his judgement isn't always the soundest.
>>
>>67118195
This. It wasn't terrible, just underwhelming.

They made a sequel for the sake of making a sequel, not because they had a great idea for a sequel.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.