[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of the Coen Brothers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (482 KB, 720x979) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
482 KB, 720x979
What does /tv/ think of the Coen Brothers
>>
File: 1449727622366.png (87 KB, 268x325) Image search: [Google]
1449727622366.png
87 KB, 268x325
>>67112488
hey hey1 They are the coen sisters now, get it right shitlord.
>>
>>67112785
You are thinking of the wachowskis dipshit
>>
>>67112785
>the wachowskis trigger /tv/ so much that every mention of siblings sends them into an ironic memetic shitfit
A--at least we're better than Reddit, right guys?
>>
>this is what threads about good directors look like on /tv/
Nice board you got here guys.
>>
Hail Caesar was their first movie in ten years that I didn't catch at the theater. Was it any good?
>>
>>67112785

I'm am arguing that permabanning this anon would instantly make this board a better place

If I'm wrong, free to argue against me
>>
>>67112785
fuckingke g kek
>>
>>67113571
Yes.
>>
>>67112785
You're thinking of the Russos, faggot.
>>
They should do more comedy stuff
>>
File: surprise.png (218 KB, 295x307) Image search: [Google]
surprise.png
218 KB, 295x307
>>67113596
You're wrong because you're a faggot and not on /fit/
>>
They're fun.

I really hated Raising Arizona for some reason, the tone just really jarred me. Couldn't sit through it. Watched everything else since the Big Lebowski. I like that they put fake symbolism into their movies to fuck with people too. Also they've worked with the same foley artist for years now and he is GOAT.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jul/22/rain-is-sizzling-bacon-cars-lions-roaring-art-of-sound-in-movies

>There’s a sound Lievsay loves, of a particular car driving on a Manhattan street. He recorded it early one morning many years ago when he stuck a microphone out of his apartment window to capture traffic noises. The recording tickled him because it sounds nothing like a car, but exactly like the sound of a cow mooing. He has made it a point to put the moo sound in every Coen brothers movie, for laughs. “So there’s a moment in True Grit, which is set before cars existed, when what you are hearing is Manhattan traffic.”
>>
>>67113571
Yeah it's great. Wish it was longer.
>>
>>67113460
Yes, being triggered by trannies is better than reddit. How is that not obvious to you?
>>
>>67113596
It was just a prank.
>>
>>67112488
I wish they turned into sisters instead of Wachowskis
>>
>>67113571
It was ok, some parts felt like a Wes Anderson movie but overall it was an ok movie with a lot of underutilized actors.
>>
>>67113672
>fake symbolism
Care to elaborate?
>>
Peaked with blood simple
>>
File: millers-crossing-3.jpg (30 KB, 477x258) Image search: [Google]
millers-crossing-3.jpg
30 KB, 477x258
>>67113952
One that springs to mind is Miller's Crossing - lots of shots of the hat blowing away, man chasing the hat, etc. Fun for critics and people who overthink these things, 'what does the hat represent? Power? Masculinity?' But they've both said it pretty much represents nothing. There's no deep meaning to it, it's just a hat.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=W6HYBAAAQBAJ&pg=PA137&lpg=PA137&dq=coen+brothers+symbolism+hat&source=bl&ots=w5addz_xC_&sig=oL9Et0zJA1tN4PlsFmILkRVivj0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiv6fiZ5cXLAhVM7yYKHWDPDlUQ6AEILzAD#v=onepage&q&f=false
>>
I watched every movie made by them and wait with trepidation for every new Coen release.
>>
They're legends in their own right but I prefer the films of Wes Anderson. I feel like the Coen bros are all flash and no substance.
>>
>>67113699
I dunno it just seems petty and unfounded

I'm sure reddit is much worse about being petty and unfounded about pointless trivial matters but this makes me wonder.
>>
>>67114157
bait
>>
>>67114197
>>67113460
>it's an anon learns 4chan is full of bigots episode
>>
>>67114251
>not being pro tranny
>bigot
>>
>>67112488
Fucking Based
>>
File: hudsucker proxy.jpg (41 KB, 300x431) Image search: [Google]
hudsucker proxy.jpg
41 KB, 300x431
>>67112488
Their most underrated
>>
>>67113699
As proven by this quality thread, right?
>>
Ethan > Joel
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.