[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is evil today?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 275x183
if someone enjoys watching movies or shows of killing people, is there still any legit reason to call him evil? Or it's all just a matter of taste now?

Is there any movie that simply enjoying it is evil in itself?
>>
>>67108666
It means you're an edgy teen.
>>
>>67108693
This
>>
This is ridiculous. Watching things will never qualify someone as evil. I would think actions besides sitting on your ass must be taken to qualify as evil.
>>
>>67108714
what if I was planning to do a bunch of evil shit but couldn't stop sitting on my ass and posting on 4chan instead. Am I now good for preventing evil things from happening?
>>
>>67108759
You're still a neutral entity. As in, it wouldn't matter in the least if you died right now.
>>
>>67108759
You're not good. But you're not evil. It's not all black and white.
>>
There are many evil videos around. Snuff movies and pedo movies are just two things I can think of.
>>
>>67108759
>I could rape you right now
>But I won't
>Look guys, I'm good.

Dumbfuck
>>
>>67108844
Is watching snuff film a bad thing to do?
>>
Evil is a lot of things. It's actively participating in heinous actions. But it's also seeing heinous actions occuring and not trying to do anything to stop it. For example, the people who watched a woman being stabbed to death and did nothing because they all assumed the others in the group would call the police. Nobody ever called the cops and the killer returned to the spot twice the same night.
>/tv/-memes and philosophy
>>
So there is no such thing as evil films, at least not on the market?

I mean as far as ordinary American millennial are concerned that is.
>>
>>67108714
How did Muslims and other religious conservatives reason that watching movies is evil then?
>>
>>67109909
Bump.

I know it's a concensus that no movies are evil. But I know there were people holding that idea before. What were their reasons then? Why didn't it work anymore?
>>
>>67110247
Self bump

Just...what did bible say about watching movies?
>>
>>67111519
>what did bible say about watching movies?
Epistle of Steven to the Polynesians 11:34 - And verily the Son of our Lord, Jesus Christ, said onto those assembled there, 'Cast not thine eyes upon moving images, be it flip book or shadow puppet, for these are the things that lead to malaise and great turpitude.'
>>
>>67108666
Obviously not. Movies arent real. I honestly hope this is a joke.

To further my point, people can watch the goriest slasher flick and just flinch and say shit "oh man thats sick!!". Those same people would actually vomit if shown a real video of someone just getting shot and spraying a little blood.
>>
>>67108666
>Is there any movie that simply enjoying it is evil in itself?
Human Centipede
Serbian Film
Irreversible
Iron Man 3
>>
>>67109107
Is letting you government attack other countries evil?
>>
>>67111736
>Those same people would actually vomit if shown a real video of someone just getting shot and spraying a little blood.
Nod really.
>>
File: turk.gif (493 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
turk.gif
493 KB, 500x375
>>67111850
>>
>>67108666

No, that's stupid. There are however movies that I can't comprehend anyone actually enjoying. The August Underground series comes to mind.
>>
>>67108666
we've always tried to blame the actions of others on something else.
>tv, movies, music, books are what make people kill

which is bullshit. if you "enjoy" youre just looking for some kind of entrainment to take you out of your mundane life for a while. why do you think there are dozens of cop shows, spy shows, shows about rich and famous people. Nobody would watch a show about some boring average guy going to work 8-5 and coming home to his boring ass life
>>
There are lots of arguements against watching some movies. You just have to ask the right question.

1. "Rape culture": feminist believe making and watching rape scenes are evil
2. "Impressionable stage"
3. Muslims.
4. Anti racism
>>
>are you observing or participating
>a simple measure of morality based on action
This is actually in the show you have as the OP picture, you stupid fuck. Will Graham wasn't evil, Hannibal was. Will had bad thoughts, Hannibal did bad things.
>>
>>67108666

Evil is defined by what effect your actions have and your intent when doing them. If you enjoy watching people die but in no way contribute to anyone actually dying you're not a murderer. Take your slippery slope bullshit elsewhere. Nice Satan trips, you moron.
>>
>>67109107
Self-preservation and being a witless pussy isn't evil. It's cowardly and foolish, but by your same logic every person who is well off, whether rich or just comfortable, is evil because all of their money could be going toward preventing evil rather than cars or a mortgage or whatever.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.