[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Hateful Eight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 670x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 670x600
Thoughts and spoiler-friendly questions

How did Tim Roth's character have access to the paperwork that made him seem like he was the hangman? From the way they showed the morning of, it was a pretty hasty setup, and they didn't kill the hangman that morning.
>>
BIG
>>
BLACK
>>
PECKER
>>
>>67107502
they show it in the movie, they ambush the real hangman and take his papers and shit
>>
>>67107502
His movies were never really about the story, so you really shouldn't think too hard on it.
>>
I think at one point Major Warren says something to the effect of "I bet you ambushed the hangman and took his papers" or something like that
>>
>>67107502
test
>>
>>67107653
Gotcha. Kinda lazy. Did anyone else feel like it ended abruptly? And that this may have been his worst movie?
>>
So...do they all die?
>>
One of Tarantino's best, desu, and my personal favourite Whodunit. It's Tarantino through and through, but the way it tackles its subject matter and themes is way better than he's ever come close to in previous films.
>>
>>67108134
The horses survive
>>
>>67107714
>abruptly

that movie was 3 hours long
there was nothing abrupt about it
even the "ending" was at least a half an hour long or longer

Not his worst movie either. KB2 was his worst. I found this one pretty entertaining. He hadn't really done a mystery before and this one was pretty comfy, funny and entertaining, it kept me wondering
>>
>>67108288
The issue with mystery movies is they have to function after knowing the answer, and im not sure this one does
>>
I'll have to see how it holds up on repeat viewings but it's one of my favorites from him. Best one since Kill Bill 1
>>
File: marquis warren.jpg (59 KB, 838x559) Image search: [Google]
marquis warren.jpg
59 KB, 838x559
Was his story real?
>>
>>67109311
no
>>
Best character was sheriff

Worst character was budd
>>
>>67109311
He got killed due his stupid story
>>
>>67109209

I didn't care for the movie, but I did watch it a few more times paying careful attention to each character.

Watch it again and keep an eye on Daisy. The fact that she knows everyone yet is tied to somebody oblivious to everything is interesting.

The General is kind of interesting to watch too.

Don't dedicate a viewing to Oswaldo, but when he's on screen with a good guy focus on him instead. He's got a very "Mr. Orange" situation going on. He kind of overacts his role even if he's not actively involved in something.
>>
>>67107502
There's a fun theory that the real hangman was played by Christoph Waltz.
>>
File: Cuckoldino.jpg (42 KB, 463x263) Image search: [Google]
Cuckoldino.jpg
42 KB, 463x263
>>67109311
It's based on true events.
>>
>>67107714
I thought the ending was kind of slow (in a good way) and it felt like his best movie in a while.
>>
>>67107654

what got you banned, friend?
>>
>>67108821

>mystery movie

Scooby Doo has more mystery to it than this movie
>>
>>67109311

There's no reason to believe his story was anything other than a lie told to bait the old dude into drawing on him so he could shoot him without repercussion. The movie specifically establishes this character as a liar.
>>
>>67109486

>watching this piece of crap more than once

Holy shit, and I thought watching it once was a waste of my time.
>>
>>67107714
Not a good movie, boring af, the dialogue wasn't nearly interesting enough
>>
>>67109311
The whole movie had an underlying theme of "how big of a cheque can your b.s. buy?"

Every character could have been telling the truth or lying, and it all depends on what you believe really, no way of knowing.

If you're asking if it's based on true events, I highly doubt it
>>
As paranoid as Kurt Russel's character was in the movie he didn't bother looking under the tables for hidden guns, checking the basement, or patting down the other character for hidden Derringers or knives.
>>
WAY too much setup for the kills in this movie.

When they went back and showed what happened to Minnie we already knew they got ambushed due to the Mexican getting called out on his bullshit. A half hour added in to show unnecessary events.
>>
The ending wasn't rushed in that it was an hour long, but the conclusion felt...forgotten? As if Tarantino felt like the murders of 6/8 was the conclusion, and just sort of left Samuel and Walton to be forgotten, despite them being the only surviving characters. Lincoln's letter was such a lazy ending for Tarantino. Idk, his movies always end on a punch in some sort where everything feels tied up. This just sort of stopped.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 323x488) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 323x488
Is this good ? Only Tarantino I have left to watch.

Wanted to start a thread but people will call me cancer.
>>
>>67107714
One of the best paced films I've seen.
And that's about it.

Not his worst (Django) but probably his most "meh" (which in a way is worse).

6/10 it was okay
>>
>>67109311
He probably killed the son. But the rest was most certainly made up to provoke the old man.
>>
>>67111633
quentin is very talented, nobody should have be be sold into watching jackie brown
>>
>>67111791
???
>>
>>67111633
My favourite. His most refined film, but without being overproduced like Django and Basterds.
It has "the dialogue", but it's less stupid than in RD and PF. And in contrast to H8, it doesn't feel meaningless.

It's good.
>>
is Quentin a black guy?
>>
>>67111343
On rewatch you'll notice how dumb he is.
>>
The flashback was offensively uninteresting
>>
>>67110279
i didint, i was trying to do the spoiler thing. but iddint work
>>
>>67112170
<spoiler>Test</spoiler>
>>
>>67112271
test
>>
>>67112300
</spoiler>test</spoiler>
>>
>>67112323
Use (), not <>
>>
>>67112352
(test)test(/test)
>>
>>67107714
>this may have been his worst movie?

Death Proof.
>>
>>67112352
can i use ctrl + s
>>
>>67112385
Check the FAQ
>>
>>67108288
>KB2 was his worst.
Kill Bill is one movie, therefore it must be judged as such. Notice how Hateful Eight is his 8th movie?

By the way, the correct ranking is:
1. Pulp Fiction
2. Jackie Brown
3.Reservoir Dogs
4. Kill Bill
5. Inglorious Basterds
6. The Hateful Eight
7. Death Proof
8. Django Unchained
>>
>>67111343
he's not so smart if you rewatch
he got fooled by the letter and all, took a gulp of the poisoned coffee and only spitted it because it tasted awful
>>
>>67112750
1. Jackie Brown
2. Death Proof (fuck you, I liked it)
3. Kill Bill
4. Inglorious Basterds
5. The Hateful Eight
6. Reservoir Dogs
7. Pulp Fiction
8. Django Unchained
>>
The only thing that interested me about this film was the setting. All the characters were so blasé about others dying that it was hard to give a shit when any of them did die. The Joe Gage dude seemed to be putting zero effort into his performance but played that lack of effort off as a character trait.

Also this >>67112140

>>67111633

It's good but if you've seen all his other films you'll feel like you've watched it before.
>>
>>67108243
>stuck in freezing barn with no one to feed them

nigga those horses are dead
>>
>>67111633
it's certainly underrated
I really like the deniro scenes
>>
I think the one actual plot hole was how did Tim Roth know about the letter that Sam Jackson was carrying? No one told him about it, yet he was asking about it like he knew.
>>
>>67112750
you just cant put basterds that low
shit was in 3 languages,it was beautiful crafted under those wacky violent characters
it's easily his third best
>>
Why does everyone love Jackie Brown? It's my least favorite
>>
>the five mexican
>the 6 little man

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>67113754
I think Jackson's character had made a reputation of having a Lincoln letter on him. So it wasn't too far off for Roth's character to have heard of "a nigger army major with a letter from the president"
>>
>>67113754
its was boasted about between the two scenes.. when bob and warren are talking... Pete says "I heard somebody had a Lincoln letter".. he overheard but wasn't exactly told
>>
>>67107714
Death Proof and Kill Bill are both way worse, but it's not my favorite either, I don't think it has too much re-watch value
>>
>>67107617
>they show it in the movie
when, in the flashback? I don't remember that
>>
>>67111633
watch this intro and tell me it's not a movie you'll keep watching if you caught it on tv any night

https://youtu.be/KKQWn-UBDTo
>>
>>67114184
it's not
>>
>>67114245
lies
>>
>>67111633
it's /tv/'s favorite Tarantino movie because contrarianism, but it's still very good.
>>
>>67114437
This guy is right. My least favorite Tarantino movie, in front of Death Proof, but it's still very good.
>>
>>67112750
>>67113095
I feel bad putting Django that low cause /pol/ triggering aside, it was one of his best outside of the final twenty minutes
though he shamelessly stole everything in that movie moreso than normally
>>
>>67111633
This is much better than TH8. Amazing soundtrack
>>
>>67115018
I hate /pol/ and stormfags with a passion, and I very much dislike the film. It's a shitty action flick that tries to be a spaghetti western homage, but completely misses the point. Jamie Foxx didn't really put an effort in, and the plot felt lazy. The only redeeming part was Waltz.
I know I sound like Jeremy Clarkson. But the film's got no soul. Nothing special that sticks out, and even though it won 2 Oscars, I usually forget that it even exists. It's as if Tarantino had to make some quick doe to pay his bills or some shit.
I also dislike Pulp Fiction, but at least it tried to do something different and interesting (which it did, in a bad way). Django just falls flat in it's mediocre and overproduced "Hollywoodness" .
>>
>>67111558
I laughed so much when Goggins crumpled up the letter and tossed it. Probably made himself feel proud in those last few moments to desecrate Lincoln's letter, even if it was just a fake.
>>
>>67112750
>Kill Bill is one movie
If that's the case than Part 2 drags it down to his worst movie (after Death Proof of course). It's a fucking mess.
>>
>>67111870
Yes, he just doesn't know that he's albino.
>>
>>67115490
>missing the point of Marquis and Mannix's newfound comraderie
>>
>all these plebs thinking Kill Bill Volume 1 is the better half...

Tarantino fans, not even once
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.