[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is America part of his name is so downplayed in movies? Because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
Why is America part of his name is so downplayed in movies? Because Marvel wants international audience?
>>
Likely because it's a fucking stupid name and they'd call him something else if fanboys didnt sperg
>>
Pretty much, its been proven that movies that play to heavily on "america fuck yeah" does more poorly overseas
>>
Because it's easier to just say "Cap" or "Steve"
>>
>>67105812
>>67105831
No, I don't mean only name, but how him being patriotic is not very important
>>
He fights America in 2 movies out of 3
>>
>>67105857
What would they possibly have him do that they don't already that would make him more patriotic? Salute the flag after every fight?
>>
>>67105857
He fights for ideals, his whole being is supposed to be a mix of the best traits of american culture and ideology. His fight against evil in itself is patriotic.
>>
>>67105857
>him being patriotic isnt very important

Have you seen either Captain America movies or are you just basing it on The Avengers?
>>
>2016
>not making captain american a tranny communist/anarchist.
>>
>>67105857
Because that's how he is in the comics. Cap is not a jingoist.
>>
We call him "The First Avenger" in Russia, what are you gonna do about it, Americans?
>>
>>67105789
a better question is why is captain britain a muslim girl?

>>67105823
that's bullshit. team america was great.
>>
>>67106007
>Russia so cucked by america they can't help but watch their movies
>Disgusted by themselves
>Try to feel better by changing a name
>Cry self to sleep thinking of Putin
>>
>>67105789

it's not, stop trying to make an issue out of nothing
>>
>>67106007
>l-let's try to delegitimize american culture as we consume it
>r-ru-russian pride worldwide
I fucking hate slavs and I'm not even american or german. You fucking dipshits are responsible for so much funding to our subversive elements that the country still belongs to a corrupt oligarchy of "left aligned" dipshits.
>>
they dont call him Cap America overseas
>>
>>67106055
Russians love that shit, Avengers 2 grossed the biggest amount of money in Russia apart from UK and USA
>>
>>67106007
>>67106055
>>67106086

The same is the case in Germany, no idea why
>>
>>67106094
Lol thats fucking weird. It's still Cap America in most western countries.

If you change it your country is fucking pathetic and insecure.
>>
>>67106094
>kino
DELETE THIS

(Yeah I know)

>>67106133
Disney thinks foreigners won't buy it. My nation is one of the most antiamerican ones and it still gets marketed as Captain America.
>>
Definitely.

Cap America's a good patriot, not a nationalist. He loves America but acknowledges its flaws and tries to correct them (hence going rogue in CA: Winter Soldier to root out HYDRA).

Let's be real. it would have been so easy to hate Cap America if America were portrayed as perfect and ideal. But America's kinda shit and Cap America sees it the way it is. Now, Captain America is the 2nd most popular Avenger behind Iron Man.
>>
>>67105789
Because it was his political agenda during the war. Referring to him as Captain Rogers makes more sense.
>>
>>67106094
what offense would the winter soldier pose, why remove him kek fucking poo in a the streets countries are retarded as fuck.
>>
Because Patriotism is fucking lame
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.