[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone from /tv/ want a Boardwalk Empire thread? Favor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: Boardwalk_Empire-Season_2.jpg (293 KB, 1000x683) Image search: [Google]
Boardwalk_Empire-Season_2.jpg
293 KB, 1000x683
Does anyone from /tv/ want a Boardwalk Empire thread?

Favorite character? favorite season? favorite episode?

http://strawpoll.me/7094665

vote for favorite death scene here

sorry but I know I must have left out somebody

discuss
>>
fuck off strawpoll faggot cock sucker
>>
>>67094274
then tell me you're favorite with spoilers then friend

or not w/e that's ok
>>
>favorite death scene
narcisse getting his smug ass clipped

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAvH-UUORag
>>
>>67094205
Favourite character? Dead Owen Slater in the crate
Favourite episode? The one Owen Slater dies in.
>>
>>67094205

the incest of course
>>
mm maybe Harrow or Capone
>>
>>67094460
that and Mickey Doyle i've forgotten

remember spoilers my men

don't want anyone to get banned from /tv/
>>
>>67094205
>favorite character?
Gyp Rosetti
Richard was based though.
>favorite season?
3rd season
>favorite episode?
S03E12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYHxOdqepl8
>>
van alden
>>
>>67094639
this man knows

i'm actually rewatching the show now, about to start season 5

it's so clear they had no idea what they were doing post season 3
>>
>>67094578
the shows been over for a few years now, anything spoiled is you own dumbass fault
>>
>>67094639
I feel you friendo

quick question if you're versed in guns

remember that episode where Richard lists off all his guns?

did he bust out all of the listed in Margate Sands? curious
>>
>>67094460
That scene looked so good. Its crazy what shooting in natural daylight does to change the tone of the scene

>>67094677
Even 3 has no relation to 2, it just works as a self contained story
>>
>>67094687
Yeah I know bro I just don't want anyone banned

care to answer the OP questions?
>>
>>67094677
season 3 was definitely the best. Gyp was one of the best tv villains that season.
>>
Is it on Netflix? I stopped watching after season 3 and feel like catching up.
>>
>>67094205
>Favorite character
Jimmy

>Favorite season

>Favorite episode

The last 2 episodes of season 3

>Favorite death
Richard
>>
>>67094709
I hadn't really thought about it but i think you're right.
>>
>>67094677

This.

I hated Jimmy dying, but the series would have been fine just ending there. Season 3 is still great, but after that they relied on killing off characters as a crutch for the writing all the way to the end of the show.
>>
>>67094837
I know right!

Part of the reason I thought Richard was so cool
>>
>>67094709
he used most of them if I remember correctly. If you want to get technical though he mentions things like a smith and Wesson triple lock but used an m1917. They might have just thrown it in without paying attention
>>
>>67094746
I already did, Narcisse getting shot was the best execution
I don t really have a favorite season or character, I have several that I like but none to call an absolute favorite
>>
>>67094868
His war years would have made for one hell of a spin-off.

That character had so much potential but instead we got Margaret and Owen and MUH SUFFRAGE
>>
>>67094868
>Part of the reason I thought Richard was so cool
Which was also part of the reason I never finished the final season. Richard's death felt like too much. The show lost it's last redeemable character.
>>
>>67094956
Holy shit then that was a cool throwback.

Top 5 easily

>>67094976
How about the ending? did you enjoy it? would you change anything?
>>
>>67094205
>character
van alden
>season
S3, I liked what happened after jimmy died
>episode
Margate sands

>death scene
van alden still, crazy motherfucker went out like a champ
>>
>>67095046
bitter DESU, I liked the show and understood how it went the way it did, and given the circumstances of it getting ended so fast they did a good job of wrapping it up
but there was easily another 2 seasons worth of material on other real life mob wars and historical events I would have like to have seen. We didn't even seen Rothstein's death, he was mentioned and that was it
>>
>>67095057
OP and I'm with you.

Overall Van Aldeans story arc just seemed so natural

Great death scene also
>>
>>67094639
to add, for favorite death i voted Richard. Hit me right in the feels.

Van Alden drowning Sebso was fucking great though.
>>
what was the best mob war? Gyp V Nucky or meyer/lucinao vs Nucky?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptQKhjn0HF8

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLkm1sjh-6Y

tfw we never got anything this extreme in the sopranos
>>
>>67094977
Margaret was great in the first two seasons. I was her biggest defender and I still have no idea what the fuck they were going for with the abortion plotline. It just ends and nothing changes from before she started it, and then she's written out of the following season
>>
>>67095127
Like with the Valentines day massacre and all that?

how about just thinking of the overall story being about Nucky? did you like it? what did you think about his character?
>>
>>67095211
Gyp was all the way. he was such a good character wasted on a "monster of the season" arc
also if you know anything about history you knew nucky was going to loose against meyer and lucanio
>>
>>67094205
>favorite character? favorite season? favorite episode?

Van Alden, Season 2 and the one where Jimmy fucks his mom are the objective right answers
>>
>>67095236
yeah that, the castellammarese war, some other famous gangsters. All kinds of cool shut.

Nucky was cool, I liked how it the whole plot wasn't around NYC because we've seen that before. the dirt politics of the first few seasons was great. Great show overall, shame HBO got greedy and cut it off but I guess it wasn't as popular as they wanted
>>
>>67095287
OP and I whole heartedly agree :)
>>
>>67095226
I liked Margaret a lot as well and was disappointed with how they handled the character.
>>
>>67095226
WOMEN DIDN'T HAVE RIGHTS MATE.

She became a way of holding back the backlash/outcry at the shows "glorification of violence" or however they'd have spun it.
>>
File: tumblr_l8bbbeoS7k1qbce2uo1_500.gif (459 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l8bbbeoS7k1qbce2uo1_500.gif
459 KB, 500x282
>>67094770

It's an HBO show of course it isn't on Netflix you mongoloid.

Gyp Rosetti and his monster cock was by far the best character of the show. I'm glad Bobby Cannavale got his own show, he's a big guy
>>
>>67095424
Did you like Lucy's arc? that was my favorite
>>
FUCK ME DADDY OHHH YEAHHH FUUUUCK MEEEEEE DADDDDEEEEEE
>>
>>67095226
I get what they were going for, the classic "I won't have the babies of an evil man" trope, but...eh...they fucked up
>>
>>67095462
How would you rank him on your villains chart?
>>
>>67095424
Handled what? She was the most one dimensional character in the show from the first appearance to the last. You could remove her from the show entirely and bar Nucky not wanting to fuck someone else for a couple of episodes, nothing would change.
>>
>>67095468 see >>67095503

Lucy was a one-dimensional slut that got written out of the show because her actor was batshit crazy.
>>
>>67095211
Gyp for sure. He was just such a great adversary for Nucky.

https://youtu.be/DJT3xZ9C5Ew?t=70
>>
>>67095344
It was also super expensive. I think 5 seasons was plenty, the writers should have planned it out a bit more and not just written the plot around historical events that never actually "end". It never felt like they were building to something until the final season started
>>
>>67095546
sources and stories?
>>
>>67095537

She was basically there as Nucky's morality pet, nothing more.
>>
Thanks for the replies /tv/

you're the best
>>
>>67095591

Apparently she would change her tampon on set and hand the dirty used one to an attendant to throw away.

Lots of crazy stories, she's a huge slut IRL and is known for getting drunk at parties and doing crazy shit.
>>
>>67095520
On BE he's easily #1. In general he's one of the best and its a shame most will never know.
>>
Whatever happened to that one anon that would leak the next week's episode script in exchange for dubs?

He was a faggot tho
>>
>>67095546
I honestly kind of forgot about her.
>>
>>67095537
Can't dispute that, but I still enjoyed the character in a waifu kind of way. She went from being a reasonably smart and pragmatic character to just stupidly prideful despite the poor situation it put herself and kids into.
>>
File: gyp-rosetti.png (260 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
gyp-rosetti.png
260 KB, 500x491
Gyp Rosetti didn't steal the show, he stole the series. No one seemed to threaten Nucky nearly as much. I haven't seen another tv villain with the same level of volatile aggression, intimidation, and erotic asphyxiation.

https://youtu.be/mXz3-QrvFSc?t=90
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.