[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the big whoop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: The Seventh Seal.jpg (577 KB, 2076x860) Image search: [Google]
The Seventh Seal.jpg
577 KB, 2076x860
What's the big whoop?
>>
Name a single flaw with it
>>
If you went into this movies expecting some grandiose epic you don't deserve an explanation
>>
>>67091624
Name it's contemporary

>I'll save you the trouble: It has none
>>
>>67091648
not in colour
>>
>>67091658
Seriously, people need to learn how to distance themselves from their expectations.
>>
>>67091624
I thought it was enjoyable, stole it from my local library.
>>
>>67091658
Not OP, but I think I did that. I thought it was okay. I usually think Bergman's movies are okay, except Persona. I thought that was one of the best films I've ever seen.
>>
>>67091673
why is that a flaw? If anything it enhances Deaths appearance
>>
>>67091648
Bergman's work is just literature in visual form, he doesn't know what cinema means.
>>
>>67091743
I'd like to see you elaborate on that? What does "cinema" mean to you?
>>
>>67091743
I know what you mean; it came across as more of a play than a typical movie. But that's hardly a flaw. Just as some use the medium to make purely visual experiences, Bergman used it, in this case, to exercise dialogue. But you can't say the movie wasn't without its striking images. Beyond the iconic shot of death playing chess, the moment the Dies Ire plays and the funeral procession shows up was truly haunting.
>>
It's typical Euroshit "herpen derpen we fucken we dien we nihilismen is the nietzschen right or is it kierkeegarden abloo bloo bloo there is no god save me jesus" bullshit.
>>
>>67091853

The voice of a generation right here
>>
>>67093461
Prove me wrong tho famalamadingdong.
>>
>>67093505
kill yourself
>>
>>67093550
>he doesn't understand the ontological dialectic of the European spirit
I am already dead.
>>
DUDE ONE GOOD DEED LMAO
>>
Saw The Witch the other day and it's essentially Bergman does horror which made me realized Bergman never really did a PURE horror film despite a lot of his work having horror tendencies. Closest is that Von Sydow werewolf movie.
>>
File: laurence-olivier-sky-captain.png (196 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
laurence-olivier-sky-captain.png
196 KB, 500x279
Was thinking Seventh Seal > Star Wars 7 is the most bizarre career trajectory ever until I remembered Laurence Olivier somehow starred in that Sky Captain movie fifteen years after his death
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.