[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it only Marvel and DC movies are seen as capeshit? There
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 622x933) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 622x933
Why is it only Marvel and DC movies are seen as capeshit?

There are plenty of other comic books movies that are pretty good but noone ever mentions them
>>
I'd rather not see Dredd lumped in with capeshit, it deserves better
>>
File: file.png (97 KB, 325x483) Image search: [Google]
file.png
97 KB, 325x483
1) he doesnt have a cape
2) he doesnt have any superpowers
3) there are millions of comics that cant be considered capeshit
>>
Capeshit refers to superhero movies from the big 2
>>
>>67087697
>There are plenty of other comic books movies that are pretty good

Name one.
>>
>>67087697
It's a British film based on a British comic. Let capeshit be defined by American comics and films.
>>
>>67087817
The Hellboy movies and A History Of Violence 2bqh family
>>
>>67087797
Yes. I'd like to remind the retards here that /tv/ did not come up with "capeshits". It's common to call spandex tier runs "capes" with the clear intention of identifying your tastes in comics. Dredd is not "cape". There is shit outside Superman and Spiderman.

Liking or disliking isn't always exclusive.

Unless you're on this shitty board.
>>
>>67087817
The crow is pretty good
>>
>>67087817
Road to Perdition
>>
>>67087697

The bigger the turd, the more flies it attracts.
>>
>>67087817
American Splendor
Fritz the Cat
Ghost World
Heavy Metal
Howard the Duck
Dredd
The Mask
Sin City
When the Wind Blows
>>
>>67087817
Blade 2
>>
>>67087697
>There are plenty of other comic books movies that are pretty good
Pic unrelated?
>>
>>67088248
>Howard the Duck
>Fritz the Cat
>Ghost World
>good
>>
>>67088372
they are all good
>>
>>67087856
shit i didn't know a history of violence was based off a comic book, that movie is dope
>>
>>67087697
Dredd is a great Fascist Black Shirt keeping order in town.
>>
>>67087817
Men in Black (admit it, MIB 1 would be perfect if someone made a fanedit that cuts the Elvis joke, the wallriding car and the surprise resurrection of the main enemy at the end)
>>
>>67088423
Fat loser.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.