[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, /tv/, what's your opinion on this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: Enemy_poster.jpg (32 KB, 282x400) Image search: [Google]
Enemy_poster.jpg
32 KB, 282x400
So, /tv/, what's your opinion on this movie?
>>
File: jake-gyllenhaal.png (215 KB, 333x634) Image search: [Google]
jake-gyllenhaal.png
215 KB, 333x634
>>67086071
D R O P P E D
>>
it's shit
>>
File: image.jpg (186 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186 KB, 900x900
>>67087089
>>
I need to see this and Incendies to decide how I feel about Villeneuve. I really didn't care for Prisoners, but Sicario was alright. It felt shallow and, I guess, violence for the sake of it, but it was fun, I still enjoyed it
>>
Very good
>>
>>67086071
Fucking sucked
>>
>>67086071
FANTASTIC

BASED VILLENEUVE

ITS HIS TREATISE HOW WOMEN ARE SPIDERS WHO WANT TO ENTRAP MEN IN THEIR WEBS OF COMMITMENT
>>
>>67086071
I don't know it was a little 2spooky
>>
>>67086071
i liked it. but it tried to hard to be super deep and intellectual. still it had some good moments if you pick up on the little things its not bad. the overall stmosphere of the film is what i liked the most probably
>>
Absolute pleb trash like everything else from this fincer tier hack
>>
I think it's well done, even though I can't help myself to not care when movies are about just one character's study
>>
>>67086071
Great movie

It was like a riddle

I watched it 8 times trying to figure out

If a movie can keep you thinking after you finish, it's a-okay in my books

Probably going to watch it again soon
>>
>>67086071
I thought that was Gerard Butler on the poster till I saw the movie lol

great movie tho, didn't understand it fully but loved the whole experience
>>
>>67087198
Imo, Sicario actually used violence to strengthen the narrative and emmers the viewer as opposed to just using it for shock value.
>>
>>67088393
Yeah it was realistic and displayed the power and upper hand an organized military has over even some of the most elite criminals. Effective
>>
>>67086071
Anyone got a torrent or stream link of this film in high quality? I've tried loads of places but they all look like utter shit.

Will repay you with spicy memes
>>
File: big sicario 4u.jpg (172 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
big sicario 4u.jpg
172 KB, 1920x800
>>67088481
VILLENEUVE IS THE GREATEST NEWLY ESTABLISHED AUTEUR OF THE 2010S

ENEMY = INTERPERSONALLY WOMEN ARE MANIPULATIVE SPIDERS TRYING TO TRAP MEN
SICARIO = PROFESSIONALLY WOMEN ARE IDEALISTIC INCOMPETENTS INTERFERING WITH MEN

HE'S A MASTER, AND CONSISTENT IN THE OVERARCHING THEME OF HIS WORKS
>>
>>67086071
It has a huge spider in the end for a cheap jump scare.
That's it.
Don't have to see it now guys.
>>
Villeneuve is probably the best active western director right now.

I mean mainstream ofc. And I'm not saying "western" because I'm >implying that there's some fucking anime director who's better, I'm saying that because I know fuck all about non western cinema.
>>
>>67088667
REI YOU FORGOT YOUR TRIP
>>
>>67088667
>VILLENEUVE IS THE GREATEST NEWLY ESTABLISHED AUTEUR OF THE 2010S
LOL

LOL

LOL
>>
>>67088708
It's literally not a jump scare at all you fucking tard
>>
>>67088723
Keep your pleb opinions on imdb, imdb buff
>>
>>67088741
name a better director who emerged as a mainstream auteur in the 2010s

seriously, try.
>>
>>67088768
how about you try to actually reply rather than just waving your dick around
>>
>>67088708
>cheap jump scare

Stop using terms you don't understand the meaning of.
>>
I liked it

I didn't get it properly at first, but i like the weirdness

Though i bet some fag around here is gonna call it SJW
>>
>>67088753

It rustled my jimmies!
>>
>>67088775
IƱarritu
>>
>>67088255
>8 times
wow
you're pretty slow, huh
>>
>>67088809
Villeneuve is plebtrician. Only once you move out of the 14-24 year old fedora demographic you might be able to appreciate real cinema.

Enemy is art cinema for the adult video game player.
>>
>>67088903
>laughingacademymembers.wmd
>>
>>67087958
oh shit jake rides a gsxr in this? might watch it now
>>
>>67088927
This is actually fairly accurate. The guy's films have a faux-artistry that only impresses the IMDB core audience.
>>
>>67088927
you're still waving your dick around

if you want to prove that someone's not the best x at doing y, you have to provide an alternative. you don't just get to shout around /tv/ buzzwords about what it means to be a patrician

I mean, I don't disagree that enemy is pretty pretentious and basically designed for film students and imageboard dwellers to use as proof that they're more than just consumers of blockbuster trash, but I think you can't really say the same about Sicario, Prisoners and Incendies. And I honestly can't think of a director with a better record than those 3 in the last 10 years.
>>
>>67087119
>muh /pol/ boogeyman
Fuck off, you little faggot Redditor.
>>
>>67089108
hilarious insult to use given that reddit is pretty much the largest source of /pol/ cancer since last year
>>
>>67089135
Don't you have a bull to be prepping, my nu-male cuckold friend?
>>
>>67088775
dolan
>>
>>67089462
his themes and cinematography don't pander to the juvenile imdb mindset though
>>
>>67088919
>really liking a movie

The first few times I watched it I always found subtle things I hadn't noticed the last time through then just kept watching cuse I like it

I'll watch it as many times as I want, thanks
>>
After it was over I regretted watching it. I hate films like that, just felt like I wasted my time.
>>
>>67088927
>real cinema
as in what? films by the Kube? Arabian nights? lady snowblood? jodorowsky? Wells? Preminger?
>>
>>67086071
watched it high and was amazing desu. dont get mad at me because i like to experience new things.
>>
File: totally_kafkaesque.png (136 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
totally_kafkaesque.png
136 KB, 500x281
>>67086071
>>
Is this movie actually about a giant spider attacking Toronto? If so, I'll watch it because that's my town.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.