[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Indy 4 really that bad? I only saw it once in theaters. At
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: IJatKotCS_TPB.jpg (88 KB, 400x618) Image search: [Google]
IJatKotCS_TPB.jpg
88 KB, 400x618
Was Indy 4 really that bad?
I only saw it once in theaters. At the time i didn't think it was the "rape" of the franchise.
>>
>>67085686
It was okay until they go to South America
I liked the college chase
>>
Sometimes people repress memories of traumatic events. This is something you will need to openly discuss and eventually accept, but not until you are ready.
>>
File: shia-labeouf.png (301 KB, 339x753) Image search: [Google]
shia-labeouf.png
301 KB, 339x753
>>67085686
D R O P P E D

http://i.4cdn.org/tv/1458074313060.png
>>
>>67085686
I actually proffered it to the originals. The originals were not that original to begin with anyway. Lucas as ever is a fucking hack.
>>
It's not good but it's not that bad either

People were just riding high on the prequel hate still
>>
>>67085686
The first hour or so is pretty strong. Almost everything in the jungle is interminable and some of the choices in that section (Shia swinging with the monkeys etc.) are Star Wars prequel-level baffling. The climax with the aliens is fine, I don't know why people make such a big deal about that part.
>>
When I watched it, I didn't thought it was that bad.

Today I think it's literally one of the worst movies that ever existed and everyone in it is a hack and a pussy.
>>
That part where Shias like "You're a teacher!?" after Indy hands those guys their asses actually gives me goosebumps
>>
>>67085994
PART TIME sounds cool in the take they used in the trailer, I don't know why they went with the one with the awful delivery
>>
>>67085686
If you don't like Crystal Skull, you have NEVER liked Indiana Jones.
>>
>>67086068
The weird thing is they pulled the exact same shit with The Force Awakens. Harrison's delivery of "It's true, all of it" was much better in the trailer than the finished film.
>>
It was prequel-tier retarded.

If you liked the prequels then forget it, there's no point talking.
>>
There is atleast one metric where Crystal Skull is the best of the Indy franchise: main villian.
>>
>>67086378
>commie dominatrix cate blanchett
dick status: muh
>>
File: Lost crusade.jpg (664 KB, 615x800) Image search: [Google]
Lost crusade.jpg
664 KB, 615x800
It wasn't terrible but the bad parts turned into a meme.
The fridge nuke wasn't terrible but it was enough to pull most people out of the movie early on and make everyone watching leery. Everything else about the beginning was top notch. Mutt, finding Pizarro, and all that other stuff was cool as well. The most glaringly bad part was the jungle chase scene. Too much of it was jarring and poorly thought out. The first thing that bothered me in it was one background that looked so horrible that when I was in the theater I couldn't help but be bothered by the very obvious greenscreen and CGI. The next bad part was the monkeys. That every part of that was horrible, from the idea, to the swinging, to the graphics. That said, the rest of that chase wasn't too bad. With some editing it could easily be made good. The rest of the movie was solid with a few standout moments but it wasn't great either.
>>
>>67086378
You mean that Russian lady who was basically doing a live action Natasha Fatale?

She was fucking awful.
>>
>>67085708
it was dumb alredy from the first scene
>surviveing an atombomb in a fridge
>>
It's on par with Temple of Doom.
>>
File: Molaram2.jpg (121 KB, 817x1200) Image search: [Google]
Molaram2.jpg
121 KB, 817x1200
>>67086378
I love Cate Blanchett but she was terrible in Crystal Skull

It's also a fact that Mola Ram is the best Indy villain
>>
>>67086633
Nah, Temple of Doom is far better
>>
>>67085781
Why is /pol/ always right?

Fuck
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.