[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people keep telling me Bojack Horseman gets good? It never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 633x758
Why do people keep telling me Bojack Horseman gets good? It never gets good.

It's Family Guy tier cut away humor interspersed with puddle deep BAAWing starring uninteresting furries
>>
>>67084741
you got memed.
or you listened to a complete idiot
>>
>>67084768
Bojack, Firefly, and Rick and Morty

Three shows people on this board told me were good but were actually shit

I'm not going to get fooled again
>>
>>67084768
he listened to le reddiot ovalwank
>>
>>67084800
they also happen to be bernit.com's favorite show, but <s>I actually like R&M</s>
>>
>>67084741
>cartoon for fourteen-year old boys is terrible

now that's a shocker
>>
>>67084847
><s>I actually like R&M</s>
boy howdie
>>
>>67084886
>what is sarcasm
>>
What show are you talking about?
>>
>>67084855
>cartoon for fourteen-year old boys is terrible
I DON"T KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT: The Post
>>
>>67084906
>I was joking lol
boy howdie
>>
>>67084855
People told me it was adult and deep
>>
>>67084800
firefly is amazing it deserves its hype. rick and morty is good binge material. bojack is shit.
>>
>>67085135
you were told that by fourteen year old boys

at least they didn't lie to you on purpose
>>
I show up in every bojack thread and I call it tumblr tier garbage and I try to warn others.
>>
Nah, it does get good. Your SenpaiGuy description only applies for the first episode or so.
>>
>>67085191
>muh Mary Sue key to da universe
>>
>>67085135
Who the fuck told you that and what makes you even think a fucking cartoon show about a horse would be 'deep' and 'adult'. You really have nobody but yourself to blame if you unironically fell for the bojack meme and couldn't be assed to watch a 60 second clip and realize how shit it is.
>>
>>67084741
It takes a little while to get good. The interplay when his relationship with Amy becomes strained is when we begin to see that Bojack is more complex than what he appears.
>>
>>67084741
Question:
What did you expect and what did you feel you got?

I mean "getting good" is a pretty broad thing.
What is "good" to you?
>>
>>67085454
How do you expect me to succinctly write something like that out?

Stop playing coy, you know exactly what I mean
>>
Bro do you even have a life outside of 4chan? I see you posting here all the fucking time. Jeez go outside for once.
>>
>>67084741
I don't get the Family Guy comparisons.
Maybe the style is similar but the content and jokes are very different.
>>
>>67085493
Not really, that's why I'm asking but maybe I phrased it wrong, I'll ask different:

People told you it will be adult and deep.
What kind of adult and deep shows did you like in the past?
Also I'm not saying you're wrong. Bojack can be pretty shit, it just depends on whether it rings true to you or not, that's why I'm curious what you were expecting to see.
>>
You guys are a fucking joke.
Fucking contrarians, cant have an opinion outside what this shithole of a board tells you to have.
>>
>>67085506
Yeah I work 24 hour shifts at the fire station

I have a lot of down time between calls to shitpost

Other than that it's playing CoD or reading

Besides, you guys are like my best friends
>>
>>67085622
kill yourself
>>
>>67084741
shut up nerd
>>
>>67084741
Its a show for whiney vaginal millenials
>>
>>67085570
I guess I expected, I don't know the themes to not be so hamfisted. Handled gracefully.

If you asked me for an adult cartoon, I'd chose something like Cowboy Bebop. It can be funny and sad which Bojack fails at.
>>
>>67085734
Yeah, I can't disagree with that. It is pretty hamfisted, but personally, to me that's part of why it's funny.
I'm assuming by "hamfisted" you mean how the plot is basically one bitchslap after the other, with not a single good decision to go around for most of it, and yeah I see why that's off putting.

But if your life had a period like this For me 2013 was the year of Murphy's law. where simply nothing seems to go right? Then it won't really matter if it's hamfisted, because you're too caught up in that certain "I know this worthless bastad." feeling while you watch it, and any "this could have been more graceful" thoughts will only appear after you have watched it, which makes it a good watching experience.
>>
>>67085253
Get murdered, retard
>>
>>67085327
>>67084741
>>67084800
>>67084805
>>67084855
>>67085191
>>67085721
>lol bojack is shit meme
fuck off
>>
>>67085893
Even when things go South there's a host of shows I can connect with over this

>>67086099
Great counter argument
>>
>>67086099
I can't stand people like you. Learn how to make a concise argument you fucking faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 511x288
>adults watching cartoons
>>
>>67085574
> I just saw Deadpool, is it any good?
>>
>>67084741
don't you have cartoons on your midget island chain to complain about
>>
I'd like to jump on this train and throw in my own two cents. I watched several episodes and found it very obnoxious, never funny. Maybe it's because I found it too political; it's not subtle at all about its, for lack of a better word, "social" ideology
>>
I could just tell by the premise I wouldn't enjoy it
>>
I liked the first season, second season is meh...
>>
>>67084800

Rick and Morty was pretty decent. Feels like a spiritual successor to futurama.

I've never bothered with bojack since I strongly disliked community and parks & rec and I had a strong hunch it was going to be somewhat similar.

>>67088612

>too political

Can you give me an example?
>>
>>67084741
I just greatly dislike Will Arnett, everything about him just doesn't resonate well with me, although I do love Gob for some reason or another
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.