[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this movie fucking brilliant or fucking retarded?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: download (14).jpg (12 KB, 190x265) Image search: [Google]
download (14).jpg
12 KB, 190x265
Is this movie fucking brilliant or fucking retarded?
>>
Fucking based as fuck movie.

GOATAY weapon . Something that belongs in the next Turok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T6ANbL3SMw
>>
both
>>
>>67081995
/thread
>>
>>67081804
Brillant. Action movie at its finest.
>>
What was Oldman's motivation? Did he not know the universe would end?
>>
>>67082068

Didn't the bleeding imply that he was mind controlled or at least influenced
>>
One of the most fun and rewatchable movies of all time.
>>
Not sure about the movie, but posting thumbnails is retarded.
>>
>>67082068
His motivation was that Besson wrote this movie when he was a child and trying to apply logic or reasoning on the characters or anything going on in this film would be a fool's errand since there is none to be found. This is simply a highly entertaining practical effects action adventure space opera with a lots of cheese.
>>
>>67081804
Why did z0rg fire all his taxi drivers?? I've never understood.
>>
>>67082068
When you're a vile corrupt trillionaire who has become so jaded through excess in every area of life and the literal actual universe killing devil telepathically contacts you and says ''hey yo faggot, imma kill the universe including you. you wanna help? It'll be wild.'' you reply ''Yeah I hate everyone and everything anyway so lets give it a whirl.'' Or some shit.
>>
>>67082068
Just the world was going to end. Zorg wanted to destroy the world so he could rebuild it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkFAcFtBD48
>>
>>67081804
It's pretty much both at the same time, which is why it's so great.
>>
>>67082506
I think the taxi business was doing poorly or something and to show that he's so rich and powerful that he could just fire millions of workers without giving it a second thought.
>>
>>67082068
Let's look at the facts:

Zorg is the most capitalist character in the movie, as he is the head of a corporation while the protagonist is a low paid cabbie who gets fired by Zorg as part of mass layouts. Zorg bribes cops, sends goons to pressure harmless priests, spies on the president, sells weapons to terrorists, murders people and is aiding a literal ball of death that intends to destroy Earth. Zorg explains his position to Cornelius, stating that destruction is good for business.

The movie is arguing that capitalism is evil. Korben Dallas sacrifices his cabbie points in order to save Leeloo, and it turns out that being a responsible cabbie wouldn't have saved him from Zorg's arbitrarily large layoffs. If anything, Dallas' life is improved after he ceases to work for Zorg's cab company. Dallas finds a new motivation in love and chooses to help others without promise of material compensation.

What I'm saying is that Zorg is possessed by evil because he's a capitalist, or more accurately Zorg is possessed by capitalism which is evil. He is compelled to act, when his agents fail he lands on the Paradise to retrieve the stones despite putting his own life in immediate danger.
>>
>>67081804
Its essential dadcore
>>
>>67081804

>is it brilliant
>is it retarded

Can it just be good? I thought it was pretty good, obviously some kind of super fucking french genre-parody film, but it was well made, had some fun characters and moments, but I don't think that it's brilliant.
>>
File: BmQf1bLCAAAC55G.jpg (69 KB, 599x632) Image search: [Google]
BmQf1bLCAAAC55G.jpg
69 KB, 599x632
>>67082591
I'm glad they cast Glazier's Fallacy as a villainous plot, even if it was only coincidental in the script. I actually had an econ professor who used this clip in class to illustrate the concept.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_broken_window
>>
Everything Luc Besson does is retarded but occasionally in an endearing way like with this movie.
>>
>>67083292
I can respect a hit or miss writer more than I can respect a middling hack.
>>
>>67082068
>>67082455
>>67082576
Pretty sure it was just Earth that was going to get rekt.

>>67082953
Bernie pls
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.