[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any real reason for no A-Team sequel? Tens of milions of dollars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
Any real reason for no A-Team sequel? Tens of milions of dollars profit not enough for hollywood?
>>
>>67077037
>Tens of milions of dollars profit not enough for hollywood?

OKAY.

we seriously need a sticky for this shit, because I'm not even sure anymore how it works, sometimes foreign counts, sometimes it doesn't count, what the fuck.
>>
I thought it was a lot of fun
but a squeal would have practically been garenteed to suck
>>
>>67077188

Could have been fun with more of the same
>>
Biel detected.
>>
they should make an all female A-Team
>>
JUST LEAVE IT ALONE PLEASE
>>
>>67077037
they asked people if they wanted a sequel and the most common answer was "whats A-team?"
>>
>>67078449

Jessica Biel
Evangeline Lilly
Bridget Regan
January Jones
Scarjo
ASR

ID WATCH IT
>>
The a team was always kiddy shit.
All people really have is a weird nostalgia for the catchphrases/memes.
>>
>>67078449
This

But make all the girls fat and diversly cultured to please everyone
>>
>>67078899

Dont do it
>>
>>67077037
>A-Team
It bombed.
>>
>>67078449
>>
>>67078396

Bridget Regan-, Evangeline Lilly- and Biel-Poster are all that fucking finnish iFaggot. That guy is truly sick in the head
>>
>>67080061

I doubt it fämäläm, these actresses are all popular
>>
They all became too expensive
>>
File: laughinggirls.png (287 KB, 456x438) Image search: [Google]
laughinggirls.png
287 KB, 456x438
>>67080061
>being this butthurt
>>
>>67077037
Are you genuinely upset about the lack of a sequel to a remake of a shitty 80s TV show? What does the world look like from inside your head?
>>
>>67080355

I use my terminator vision to do quick ocular pat downs fämäläm
>>
Shut the fuck up maybe?
>>
>>67079802
I would watch tbqh fampai.
>>
It made $177 million from a $110 budget. Throw in at least another $30-$40 million for marketing (I know it's probably more, there was a ton of marketing). No one knows the exact percentage the studios keep, but 50% is thrown around a lot. Even if the studio got to keep a lot more than that, the movie still would not have been profitable.

It was an okay movie for the first 2/3rd, but then it totally went off the rails to a stupid CGI Michael Bay-esque thing at the end. The A-Team is too old now to have much meaning. People only remember the theme song.

Plus it has no significance at all in China, which is all studios care about when it comes to action movies.
>>
>>67077037
>image.jpg
>>
>>67077037

It didn't make enough money. Tens of millions in most cases, for a studio film, is not enough.

People need to understand that theaters get part of the grosses. This applies to the domestic and foreign box office. And because there are so many different countries, different theater companies obviously exist in different countries. The percentages of grosses therefore vary country by country.

Also marketing budget in the modern day is not in the budget of the film itself. If your film costs 150 million, very likely the studio puts another 100+ milion, if not even more into the marketing.

I'm not sure if A-Team made even its money back. Possibly after home media, streaming and tv rights all over the world. If it was a profitable film, it was barely profitable.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.