[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, they just want him to be the worst person ever. What the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: btERpvPq.jpg (84 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
btERpvPq.jpg
84 KB, 1252x1252
So, they just want him to be the worst person ever.

What the hell happened to this character? Does he have a single good quality?
>>
>>67072038
I like him better as a pseudo intellectual fraud.

Much better than him acting like some cool patrician genius when the writers have fuck all knowledge of the things he's supposed to enjoy.
>>
>>67072063
Yeah, but he's not even a good guy anymore. This week he tried to run away with Bonnie. He's fucked Quagmire's dad, not to mention the real estate episode. He's an awful human (or dog) being.
>>
>>67072112
I don't care. Not every character needs to be a good guy. If they were they'd be fucking boring.
>>
>>67072112
Brian did nothing wrong. Peter and Lois have cheated on one another multiple times, Quagmire deserves no loyalty, Cleveland is a worthless sack of shit, and Joe takes advantage of Bonnie by not setting her free.
There was literally nothing wrong with him fucking Quagmire's dad they were both consenting adults and abominations of society.
Bonnie as well, she let herself become trapped by Joe all over again who bribed her with sanctuary and security in exchange for her freedom.
>>
>>67072112
Actually I saw an episode where Brian said, or Stewie suggested that he's being an egotistical loose terrible piece of shit because as a dog he has a shorter life.
>>
>>67072328
Hes a fucking dog in a universe that clearly has normal dogs. At best half thr world seems to be ol with beastility
>>
>>67072038
He's supposed to represent the intolerance, hypocrisy and self-righteousness of the modern day American political left.
>>
>>67072393
He's supposed to be a character in a very simple cartoon and not the writers' way to instill political commentary.
>>
File: Family Guy.jpg (74 KB, 472x699) Image search: [Google]
Family Guy.jpg
74 KB, 472x699
>>67072457
>>
>>67072457
No, that's what he was originally.
>>
>>67072605
>Christianity
>Dark Ages

I believe all religions are as useless as each other so why blame Christianity for everything? The Mongols turned Baghdad into a wasteland and threw away centuries of knowledge. Why not blame them for limiting progress? All religions are shit. Acting like one of them held back everyone just seems as retarded as following one of them.
>>
>>67072646
Well spoken, my brother in knowledge. If only people weren't scared of being enlightened by people like us, people intellectually superior....sigh what could of been...la vie est drĂ´le.
>>
>>67072646
literally nobody here cares about your thoughts on religion. you're right, but nobody cares at all.
>>
>>67072646
Christianity is fair game in comedy.
>>
File: y4KmZY8.png (194 KB, 1251x585) Image search: [Google]
y4KmZY8.png
194 KB, 1251x585
>>67072646
>>67072605
that claim is shit in many ways
>>
>>67072812
>That claim is shit
>Posts a 4chan post with no sources
Bravo.
>>
>>67072812
How so? I hope that image you included isn't supposed to be your supporting evidence.
>>
I think you could pick 5 random autists from /TV/, give them 4 weeks to formulate a 5 episode animated sitcom, and it would trump anything this pretentious self indulgent tasteless tripe ever produced.
>>
>>67072879
Probably. Hollywood is run on nepotism and cronyism, not talent and creativity.
>>
>>67072879
>/tv/ animating their waifus getting blacked for a whole month straight
disturbing.
>>
>>67072905
You forgot the baneposting.
>>
>>67072874
>>67072837
You guys are retarded if you don't already know that books were copied and written by hand almost exclusively by monks. Most people joined the church specifically to learn to read and write for hundreds of years.
>>
>>67072959
Amazing source.
>>
le ebin liberal opinion megaphone character
>>
>>67072646
I tip my fedora to you, sir.
>>
>golden age Simpsons will never return and save us from this shit
>>
>>67072905
still funnier than family guy.
>>
>>67072959
They did during the middle ages and we can be thankful for that but I'm sure they omitted as much as they recorded.
>>
>>67072993
>golden age Simpsons will never return and save us from this shit
>Implying there is such a thing as golden age simpsons and not "I was born in the early 90's and my nostalgia for the first 8 seasons makes every other season shit"
>>
>>67072063
Hello Brian
>>
I didn't start watching Simpsons properly till I was 16 (21 yo here) and its clear that seasons 2-8 are of a higher quality than the following ones
>>
>>67072063
>when they used to try and make him seem deep and well-read by quoting fucking Gore Vidal

My sides
>>
>>67073030
You should check out an episode from seasons 3-9. I feel like you haven't yet.
>>
>>67073043
So you're literally born in 93/94, thus proving his point
>>
>>67073091
You think I got any of the jokes I now love in the Simpsons as a kid in the 90s and early 2000s?!
>>
>>67073081
I've watched every episode up to season 12 until I grew out of it when I was 15
>>
File: trum.jpg (149 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
trum.jpg
149 KB, 800x820
>>67073109
>?!
>>
>>67073139
>be anything other than snarky and elitist on /tv/
>reddit pls go

Kek
>>
>>67073023
Omissions were fairly uncommon. The few original sources we have to compare to translations and copies are pretty accurate. Most differences stem from translators trying to make sense of foreign or ancient idioms, coloquialisms and cultural references and interpreting them for contemporary readers. Medieval literature is a very interesting field. One of my favorites. I'm currently learning German so that I can attempt to read old germanian texts from the 1500's as many are available online but most are unteanslated. I say attempt because most languages are extremely different from modern English and written communication from that time period had a tendency to be colorful to the point of being incomprehensible.

>>67072974
Source; me, fuck you.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.