[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never seen Happy Days so today I watched the infam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: jump-the-shark.jpg (52 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
jump-the-shark.jpg
52 KB, 600x300
I've never seen Happy Days so today I watched the infamous shark jumping scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvGopsM1G9g

Why is this scene so significant? Sure it's silly, but not like the worst thing ever.
>>
>>67069941
Watch the first few seasons of the show and you'll notice that they were much better episodes.

The jumping the shark episode wasn't horrible but it was a notable marker of when the scripts for the series failed to reach the heights of the earlier seasons.
>>
something about filming sitcoms outside in the daylight just does not work, it's like breaking the fourth wall or something
>>
>>67069941
I'm told that it was reeeeally hyped up to be this epic comeback/reunion episode.
>>
was the shark trapped in that small area the fonz jumped over? I was led to believe that fonzie's encounter with the shark was more hair-raising.
>>
>>67071712
curb, arrested development and i'm sure countless others do it fine
>>
I'm amazed at how many retcons Happy Days had. Ron had an older brother who ended up being played by 3 different guys and then the character was eventually written off.
>>
>>67069941
It showed how they had run out of ideas based around the shows original premise and were doing episodes about literally anything they could think of. They even had an episode with an alien.
>>
The point is how completely out-there and ridiculous it is compared to earlier seasons.

The episode might have been alright, but it's clear they were running out of ideas and using gimmicks to keep going.
>>
>>67071962
>They even had an episode with an alien.

What did the Fonz say when he first met him?

> AYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>67072024

ayyy lmao
>>
>>67072024
>>67072078

I want /x/eddit to go.
>>
File: 1457560408437.jpg (43 KB, 384x367) Image search: [Google]
1457560408437.jpg
43 KB, 384x367
>>67072122
>>
>alien episode was robin williams vs the fucking fonz
>people actually hated this
>>
He's wearing a leather jacket while water skiing and you don't see the problem with this entire forced scene?
>>
>>67072209
>alien episode was robin williams

Was it a cliffHANGER?
>>
>>67072242
>He's wearing a leather jacket while water skiing

Of course dummy. that's how you know he's cool.
>>
>>67069941
Jumping the shark was the minute it stopped being Happy Days and started being The Fonzie Show
>>
>>67072529
But jumping the shark literally means "going overboard" or "reaching a height of inanity".

It doesn't mean "most popular character becomes focus of the show". Believe it or not The Fonz made Happy Days.
>>
>>67071888
those aren't sitcoms. at least not traditionally.
>>
>>67072624
It totally broke the character of Fonz and made him into a parody of a human. After that Fonz just did more and more retarded shit
>>
>>67072674
Point taken. Also I meant a "height of absurdity" not inanity.
>>
>>67072785
Personally I think the show only really started to nose dive with fucking Chachi
>>
>>67072819
Ha. Yeah, like the real life Scrappy Doo.
>>
Which episode was when Weezer performed?
>>
>>67069941
><the_fonz_ayyy_gofuckyourself.jpg>
>>
>>67072912
>tfw the fish wasnt so great
Al copped more shit than he deserved desu
>>
is that Henry Winkler?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.