[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix /tv/ ??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9
This board needs to be separated into /tv/ and film /flm/.
>You can't have a discussion about superhero's because it's capeshit for people who are into Terrence Malick, Lynch, Kubrick Buñuel etc.
>You can't have a discussion about art movies and kine because michael bay fans start posting it's shit because is boring and nothing happens
>You also have the shitty influx from /pol/ and /v/, poltards basically turn every thread into propaganda and push and agenda or suck trump's dick meanwhile /v/ shitposters literally create shitposts for hours and hours with no real discussion
>you talk about a dumb blockbuster and there's always that pretentious guy who believes we need him to tell us it's shit(hey faggot guess what we already know fast and furious is shit, we still want to have a discussion)
>you talk about aesthetic movies like the fall and there always a retard saying there was "not enough action", "girl's movie" etc etc.
>you talk about anything withou action and /pol/tards /v/irgins and capeshit michael bay fans start shitting on it like they actually knew what they're talking about
I personally think a /film/ board should be created and /pol/tars and /v/irgins should be banned permanently
How do we fix /tv/ ??
>>
>>67069039
Delete the board. Problem solved.
>>
>>67069039
umad
>>
>>67069039
I just want something separate from television. I only watch movies.
>>
File: 1348565197962.jpg (20 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1348565197962.jpg
20 KB, 320x240
Maybe you should grow a pair of balls.
>>
>>67069039
Stop being a bitch about your little pole obsession. It's called hiding, filtering, and reporting.

Also, shitposting meta threads aren't allowed.
>>
>>67069039
You probably get asked this a lot, but have you prepped your bull yet today?
>>
We missed the boat on /film/. I don't see another new board happening anytime soon
>>
>>67069039
3 or 4 years ago /v/ was particularly scared of posting here because nearly every one of their bait threads met a solid wall of fuck off. Then the board started getting faster and nowadays you can make a MGS thread and you're guaranteed a 100+ replies. People always harp on and on about /pol/ and /sp/ ruining the board but I'm not familiar enough with /sp/ to speak on their influence, and for the most part /pol/ has always been pretty ubiquitous on 4chan as a whole, but if you ask me the most detrimental influence on the board has definitely been /v/. I've seen /pol/tards with decent taste in movies, and probably some /sp/ crossposters too, but /v/ man, there's just something so inherently plebian about every single one of their opinions, it's sickening. All they can recommend is horror and capeshit and they seem to base 80% of their acting critiques on appearance. I fucking hate /v/ and I hope everyone of those crossposting fucks gets ball and ass cancer and dies.
>>
>>67069356
/sp/ is a huge part of it. Pub culture, which actually works for a sports board, isn't allowed there anymore so they take it here for some inexplicable reason
>>
I don't understand. Video games have been around since what the late 70's or so? And we have what like 4 fucking video game boards. Movies have been around since the fucking 1800's and we have one goddamn board for all of them.

Also with most movies and video games, there really isn't shit to talk about or discuss, that's why like a solid 70% of the posts here are shitposts or offtopic. Because there's nothing to say besides attempting humor. What the fuck can we really say about the latest capeshit? There's nothing of substance to discuss besides opinions about the film, and who cares what some fool on 4chan thinks.

We need a minimum of a 3 board split tho desu I'm thinking more of a 5 board split

>Film

>Celebs

>TV

>TV/Film Generals

>a classic cinema/foreign/arthouse/short films board (for lesser known/older movies that generally wouldn't get a lot of traction on other boards)

Until We get at least 3 of those we will always live in squalor. If they have no plans to split the board because of a lack of traffic or whatever, they should just delete this board, because right now who can look at this board and say we even come close to discussing anything
>>
File: its treason then.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
its treason then.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
THIS IS NOW A SHEEV THREAD

WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS???
>>
>>67069410
Because this is /tv/ where as long as you don't spoil the latest disney shit, criticize the mods, or discuss movies you are more than welcome to come shit it up
>>
>>67069463
The last one should be Patrician Film, and it's a great idea.

>Until We get at least 3 of those we will always live in squalor. If they have no plans to split the board because of a lack of traffic or whatever, they should just delete this board, because right now who can look at this board and say we even come close to discussing anything
There are some great discussions, but too many get lost in the sea of capeshit and meme/joke threads, and would be better suited for slower boards
>>
>>67069715
you're right we do get both some decent discussion and some honestly humorous posts (that are often quickly turned into memes and beaten to death) here but to say they're lost is almost disingenuous. It's like saying a drop of beer is lost in the ocean, its both hard to find and pointless because its been watered down.
>>
/tv/
/film/
/marvel/
/youtube/
/celeb/

would fix everything honestly
>>
people have been crying for /celeb/ and /film/ boards for years it's never happening

/tv/ will remain shit
>>
File: 1443054276219.jpg (57 KB, 582x689) Image search: [Google]
1443054276219.jpg
57 KB, 582x689
>>67069039
>start a film discussion thread with a fedora image
Problem solved.
>>
File: oh man.jpg (8 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
oh man.jpg
8 KB, 100x100
>people who are into buñuel
>>
>>67069874
>/nignog/
>/lolis/
>>
>>67069039
OK, so I recognize Peter Jackson, but who are the literallywhos in this image supposed to be?
>>
so what's the consensus? http://strawpoll.me/7087249
>>
>>67069949
Orson Wells
John Wayne
Alfred Hitchcock
>>
>>67069463
Good idea
>>
>>67069949
Christopher Nolan, JJ Abrams, Joss Whedon and Kevin Smith
>>
just ban anyone who mentions trump or bernie and problem solved
>>
>>67069039
Didn't read lol
>>
>>67069949
that's not peter jackson you fucking faggot if that wasn't bait kill yourself
>>
File: 1447478652889.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1447478652889.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>67070055
>>
>>67070033
Trump
Gutman
>>
Kubrick, Fellini, Welles, Ford, Hitch.
>>
>>67069039
Who are the blue and orange guys?
>>
File: 1443597279682.jpg (28 KB, 450x355) Image search: [Google]
1443597279682.jpg
28 KB, 450x355
>>67070420
>who are the blue & orange guys
Check the post above yours.
>>
>>67070456
Oh, whoops. Don't even recognize their names, they must be shit.
>>
>>67070470
this is what happens when you let /pol/ and /v/ in
>>
>>67069874

>/marvel/

It needs to be /disney/ or something. Because Star Wars needs to go there too, tho I'd prefer ALL capeshit (star wars is now capeshit) and generic action movies to be quarantined to one board
>>
>>67070033
dubs of truth
>>
File: image.jpg (207 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207 KB, 1080x1080
>>67069039
mate, do you know where you are?, this board is shitpost Central. I hate these fucking "let's discuss le "cinema" on /tv/" people. Go to r/cinema or some shit if you want to tip your fedora at "cinema". We're just trying to have some fun and break up the endless monotony of our lives.
>>
>>67069949
Lol That's not Peter Jackson, it's
Guillermo Del Toro
>>
>>67073161
nice response
>>
>>67069039
this board also needs to be separated into a /starwars only forum please.
>>
>>67073161
Now SHE should've been Wonder Woman.

Those thighs could crush my penis any day.
>>
>>67069039
OP, you can't make a good board without good posters

we don't really have any
>>
>>67069463
pretty shitty logic to be honest.

>hurr movies have been here longer therefore we should have more boards

It doesn't work like that. The reason why there are so many video game related boards is because video game discussion is very popular on this site. /tv/ doesn't even have half the traffic of /v/.

also, you sound like a total bitch.

>hurr nobody is stopping me from meaningfully discussing shit but let me bitch about it anyway. it's because we don't have more boards that discussion is shit, if only I could have more boards I can discuss things on

>>67069715
great discussion does happen, it doesn't get lost. If it did the discussion wouldn't take place in the first place. Many good threads hit bump limit more times than not, and/or last for hours.

>>67069874
the problem won't be fixed, since it has nothing to do with the amount of boards, and having a board titled "patrician circle jerk for pseudo-intellectual gentlemen" won't do anything. The problem is the posters. Adding X number of boards won't magically make the shitposters go away. It's baffling how many people here genuinely think adding boards will fix all of the problems /tv/ has. Why don't you start with yourself and change your attitude about /tv/, and see where it takes us.
>>
>>67069039
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.