[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we make such shit films?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: lyrGL2L9Bb8.jpg (36 KB, 604x446) Image search: [Google]
lyrGL2L9Bb8.jpg
36 KB, 604x446
Sorry for my bad english i am from russia. I was always wondering why the quality of our cinema droped so sevirly at the transition to the 21st centuary. I was always told that all cencurship and quality control was lost with the fall of communism but i mentioned that same thing happened in the west just earlier. People stoped singing in comedies.
All is about violence, drugs and whores. What happened. There was a time simple common people enjoyed movies like sounds of music and merry popins.why dont they now? Lots of people here thinks its some conspiracy against population...
>>
>>67064442
Censorship means you actually had to try when making a script.
>>
>>67064442
Priviet
>>
You're imitating the dominant culture, which is the edgy, decadent West.
>>
Hot girls don't like penis.
>>
Back in the day movies had to be deeply rooted in propaganda, so Soviet artists were forced to be clever if they wanted to transmit the message they wanted to and still be approved by the propaganda government branch.
>>
>>67064468
Today there is still censorship. Plus cinema is shot on tax payer money but still they make shit. Nobody watches. Even bidlo gopniks( bandits from stalker) dont watch it.
>>
>>67064442
>All is about violence, drugs and whores.

Isn't that all you've got in Russia anyway?
>>
>>67064506
But this is ilogical. They say they hate decadent west and want to do thier oun kind of cinema in advertisments. Yet each time the shitfilm comes out its shot to shot remake of drunkfucks in vegas or how i met your godfather. They take us for idiots.
>>
>>67064500
Zdarova.
>>
>>67064664
the berlin wall fall made the new generations complacent
>>
Not sure about Russia but I feel what you're talking about. Movies everywhere have been getting more dark and cynical lately, even kid's movies all try to deal with weird moral issues or insert some odd family dynamics to make it seem more emotional.
>>
Russia has one of the greatest living directors and GOAT. I don't know what OP is complaining about.
>>
>>67064662
In soviet era we had a movie called man from the kaputsino bulevard. It was about that if you show people movies about nice people they will be nice. If you show them films about violent assholes they will be violent assholes
>>
File: images-38.jpg (19 KB, 400x239) Image search: [Google]
images-38.jpg
19 KB, 400x239
TRADITIOOOOOOOON
TRADITION
>>
File: dubs man and pepe agree.gif (598 KB, 255x184) Image search: [Google]
dubs man and pepe agree.gif
598 KB, 255x184
>>67064664
>>67064664
Sex and violence have sold for thousands of years across multiple civilizations

When the government stops regulating morality, people started making films that would appeal to the lowest common denominator instead of films that aspired to have messages about morality

Remember, in the US our films were censored too (but not as much). They would have never allowed so many sexual themes or drug abuse on screen in the 50's
>>
>>67064939
But in the west people were shown movies like wizard of oz and even a toothless farmer from alabama or a mobster from new york enjoyed them. They never seen sex and violence on the screan. How could they know they liked it. I think its the people who made these cheap films who had to make the first step.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.